First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Man with a job

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#1 Sep 25, 2013
I will be so glad Oct 1 when Obama care kicks in. Then the all people will have to buy Ins. Not just the ones that have something in there name. One of the reasons the Dr bills are so high is so many people have no ins and never pay. If you have full time employees they have ins also. Great day to be an American.

Since: Sep 11

Westmoreland, TN

#2 Sep 25, 2013
Just saying, many companies would just pay the penalty for not providing insurance rather that provide insurance. Many that do provide insurance would stop. I heard about one company that reduced the workers pay so to cover the cost of the penalty. It would be cheaper.

If people could afford insurance now would do so. So the only that the penaly would get paid would be from our tax money which would be deducted from the taxpayers funded refund to the ones that didn't pay anything in to start with.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#3 Sep 25, 2013
Eye for one cant wait until we all get issued our grey suits and learn to goose step, that is when our fundamental transformation will be complete.
Man with a job

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#4 Sep 25, 2013
Most of America is happy with it but lots of people in Allen County are unhappy. When you ask them why, they don't know anything about it. Only the things the republican anti Obama politicians want people to know. They are talking in so many direction normal people can't understand anything.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#5 Sep 25, 2013
Man with a job wrote:
Most of America is happy with it but lots of people in Allen County are unhappy. When you ask them why, they don't know anything about it. Only the things the republican anti Obama politicians want people to know. They are talking in so many direction normal people can't understand anything.
The first thing that comes to my mind is Obamacare forces every man, woman, and child in America to purchase a product. If they fail to show proof of insurance they will be punished through the IRS. The government should not force people to purchase anything. That is not freedom.

There are ways to fix healthcare costs without pushing everyone into a state run system. Government control over such a personal matter is not freedom. That is Socialism. Men and woman have died to break us away from this type of thinking.

The way the bill was passed also is troubling. Reid and Pelosi pushed this bill through as Americans all over the country yelled stop. The only voices heard from behind closed doors were that of progressives who admit they want to change the country and that America is sorry. That is not how it is supposed to be. Had the Reps. been allowed to help they could have taken ideas from everyone and fixed the issues one by one. Instead they tried to do everything all at once as fast as they could so they could flex their muscles.

Why do so many of the people who crafted it and helped shove it down our throats want out. They want nothing to do with it.

Thats a little of what one of those Allen county people know and think about Obamacare.
Meh

Westmoreland, TN

#6 Sep 25, 2013
Patriot Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
The first thing that comes to my mind is Obamacare forces every man, woman, and child in America to purchase a product. If they fail to show proof of insurance they will be punished through the IRS. The government should not force people to purchase anything. That is not freedom.
There are ways to fix healthcare costs without pushing everyone into a state run system. Government control over such a personal matter is not freedom. That is Socialism. Men and woman have died to break us away from this type of thinking.
The way the bill was passed also is troubling. Reid and Pelosi pushed this bill through as Americans all over the country yelled stop. The only voices heard from behind closed doors were that of progressives who admit they want to change the country and that America is sorry. That is not how it is supposed to be. Had the Reps. been allowed to help they could have taken ideas from everyone and fixed the issues one by one. Instead they tried to do everything all at once as fast as they could so they could flex their muscles.
Why do so many of the people who crafted it and helped shove it down our throats want out. They want nothing to do with it.
Thats a little of what one of those Allen county people know and think about Obamacare.
You're right. There are many ways this could have been avoided, but it was left up to the free market to decide and in this case the free market failed. The hospitals, doctors and drug companies charged whatever they wanted because they knew people would suck it up because you can't put a price on your health. At least, that used to be the saying. Just look at what the rest of the industrialized world pays for health care. Facts is facts
Man with a job

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#7 Sep 25, 2013
Meh wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. There are many ways this could have been avoided, but it was left up to the free market to decide and in this case the free market failed. The hospitals, doctors and drug companies charged whatever they wanted because they knew people would suck it up because you can't put a price on your health. At least, that used to be the saying. Just look at what the rest of the industrialized world pays for health care. Facts is facts
You are correct. The Doctors, hospitals and med companies have drove the prices so high and the people can't afford to live here. I say let them fight with the insurance companies. That will be a fight. The two top money getters (out of your pocket) in the US. I bet the people will win.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#8 Sep 25, 2013
Meh wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. There are many ways this could have been avoided, but it was left up to the free market to decide and in this case the free market failed. The hospitals, doctors and drug companies charged whatever they wanted because they knew people would suck it up because you can't put a price on your health. At least, that used to be the saying. Just look at what the rest of the industrialized world pays for health care. Facts is facts
First we have not let the free market work. We put restrictions on people who want to purchase insurance from a company not in their state. We have not opened the market up. Car insurance is lower now that you can buy it nationwide. The dems didnt even want to talk about it.

Does anyone actually think that the government getting involved is going to lower costs? When has the government ever cared about the price tag?

I have insurance. I pay higher and higher premiums every year. With Obamacare I will continue to pay higher premiums as well as higher taxes to purchase insurance for those that have none.
How is this helping?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#9 Sep 25, 2013
Removing ownership of healthcare cost whether it be by an insurance company or by the government will not lead to lower prices. If people dont pay the bill, what does it matter the cost?
Man with a job

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#10 Sep 25, 2013
How can you blame the democrats for all that is wrong in this country. I have lived here a long time and don't pledge my vote to any party. I have seen the republicans cost the working class more than the democrats over the years. You must be a republican looking back threw your posts on topix.
wtf

Westmoreland, TN

#11 Sep 25, 2013
Man with a job wrote:
Most of America is happy with it but lots of people in Allen County are unhappy. When you ask them why, they don't know anything about it. Only the things the republican anti Obama politicians want people to know. They are talking in so many direction normal people can't understand anything.
Most of America is happy with Obamacare? Are you nuts? What polls are you referring to moron?

Since: Sep 11

Westmoreland, TN

#12 Sep 25, 2013
Obamacare isn't going to benefit me other that make my part of the insurance that my employer doesn't pay get higher. When the Obamacare pasted my premiums went up eighty bucks a month. Now open enrollment is coming up I wonder how much it will go up this time.

So just what is so great about Obamacare other that higher premiums?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#13 Sep 26, 2013
tinponyrider wrote:
Obamacare isn't going to benefit me other that make my part of the insurance that my employer doesn't pay get higher. When the Obamacare pasted my premiums went up eighty bucks a month. Now open enrollment is coming up I wonder how much it will go up this time.
So just what is so great about Obamacare other that higher premiums?
If you already pay for insurance there is no benefit.
Obama himself said that this is only the first step to single payer government run healthcare. Soon we can all look forward to what the VA puts our vets through.

Since: Sep 11

Westmoreland, TN

#14 Sep 26, 2013
Yes there will be assembly line operations.
Meh

Westmoreland, TN

#15 Sep 26, 2013
National healthcare is the only solution. Other countries have figured it out. The fact of the matter is, hospitals aren't all of a sudden going to start charging less. Neither will insurance companies. Who else has the power to stop these crooks from crooking more? No one. The system is so corrupt that, while government intervention may not be an ideal choice, something must be done. Enough is enough. And if we can't make it work in America, like the rest of the modern world does, it will be because of our own greed and selfishness.

Since: Aug 10

United States

#16 Sep 26, 2013
Man with a job wrote:
How can you blame the democrats for all that is wrong in this country. I have lived here a long time and don't pledge my vote to any party. I have seen the republicans cost the working class more than the democrats over the years. You must be a republican looking back threw your posts on topix.
You need to move to Detroit. The great Demorat, Union liberal experiment city. Tell us all about it!
Man with a job

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#17 Sep 26, 2013
Isaac Baccus wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to move to Detroit. The great Demorat, Union liberal experiment city. Tell us all about it!
You need to move Bud. I am doing well here in good old Allen County/Scottsville. I have a good job and my boss pays for my ins. whatever it cost. When everyone has ins. we will be on an even playing field. Some of you poor soles don't know what you need to take care of your self. I just hope you and your family have better health because of the new plan. I know you will never admit when you are better off.

Since: Sep 11

Westmoreland, TN

#18 Sep 26, 2013
Man with a job wrote:
<quoted text>You need to move Bud. I am doing well here in good old Allen County/Scottsville. I have a good job and my boss pays for my ins. whatever it cost. When everyone has ins. we will be on an even playing field. Some of you poor soles don't know what you need to take care of your self. I just hope you and your family have better health because of the new plan. I know you will never admit when you are better off.
"My boss pays for my ins.". Just wait when your boss backs off paying for all of the premium (unless you work for the government, in which taxpayers pay for the insurance) and you have to start paying for a portion of it. My company pays a large portion of mine, but I still pay almost five hundred a month for the rest of it. Now can you afford an extra five hundred a month for yours? And just how is Obamacare going to help you? Maybe because you know that it isn't going to affect you, unless you have to start paying part of your premium. I heard about a company that is just going to pay the penalty, and deducted enough from the employees hourly wage to cover the cost of the penalty. I do believe that people will see more of that.

Taxpayers already pay for the ones that do not have health insurance, in a form of what is called a medical card. The ones that don't pay is paid by others in the form of higher costs from the hospitals and doctors.

If the people without insurance could afford it now they would have it, so what makes you think that they will be able to afford it after Obamacare?

If Obamacare is so great why is our government employees not wanting it for themselves?

From what I have read about Canada's health care, they didn't care too much for it. They talked about not being able to get immediate health care such as surgeries until a set number were needed and they were performed in an assembly line fashion. They had to go to certain doctors in which created long waits for an appointment.

Give it six months and re-evaluate your opinion of it.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#19 Sep 27, 2013
tinponyrider wrote:
<quoted text>"My boss pays for my ins.". Just wait when your boss backs off paying for all of the premium (unless you work for the government, in which taxpayers pay for the insurance) and you have to start paying for a portion of it. My company pays a large portion of mine, but I still pay almost five hundred a month for the rest of it. Now can you afford an extra five hundred a month for yours? And just how is Obamacare going to help you? Maybe because you know that it isn't going to affect you, unless you have to start paying part of your premium. I heard about a company that is just going to pay the penalty, and deducted enough from the employees hourly wage to cover the cost of the penalty. I do believe that people will see more of that.
Taxpayers already pay for the ones that do not have health insurance, in a form of what is called a medical card. The ones that don't pay is paid by others in the form of higher costs from the hospitals and doctors.
If the people without insurance could afford it now they would have it, so what makes you think that they will be able to afford it after Obamacare?
If Obamacare is so great why is our government employees not wanting it for themselves?
From what I have read about Canada's health care, they didn't care too much for it. They talked about not being able to get immediate health care such as surgeries until a set number were needed and they were performed in an assembly line fashion. They had to go to certain doctors in which created long waits for an appointment.
Give it six months and re-evaluate your opinion of it.
When Nancy Pelosi said " We have to pass the bill so we can see what is in the bill" that told me all I needed to know about Obamacare.

TPR you are right. When people who have insurance through their employers start getting pushed into the exchanges maybe then they will realize it not so good.
We have the best healthcare in the world. People who live in countries with socialized medicine come here for treatment. Why is that do you suppose?
We do not have a healthcare problem. No one is refused treatment. If your sick, go to the doctor, he wont turn you away. We have a problem with health insurance. Sometime in the past we decided to turn the payment of the bill over to a third party who is in business to make money. We no longer have any skin in the game.

That is the problem. That can be fixed. A full takeover of something as personal as healthcare was not needed. This was and is a Progressive power grab disguised as help.

The phrase that should bring terror into everyone, I'm with the government and I'm here to help.
Man with a job

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#20 Sep 27, 2013
We have some good doctors because they make so much more money than anywhere in the world. Many many times more. If you think you can't be turned away for treatment you are living in a dream world. So you are so smart just what can be done to fix the problem? Why have your buddies like Paul and Mc not ever addressed the problem. They are covered and they don't care about anything but power and getting elected. Now that's the world we live in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last post win war. War begin now! (Jul '15) 5 hr -Sprocket- 2,272
4 wheeler for sale $450 6 hr Bargin 1
Words of wisdom for the day. 6 hr Truth 7
Daniel Soules sleeping with Marfu girl? 7 hr Qalt 4
Douglas roofing 9 hr Me too 3
Where's ociffer litle johns been hiding lately? (Aug '12) 10 hr Johns Woman 23
another women missing in scottsville 18 hr Hannah 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages