Copas Pleads Guilty to all counts

Copas Pleads Guilty to all counts

Posted in the Scottsville Forum

sheepdog

Westmoreland, TN

#1 Feb 6, 2014
A bombshell in Franklin today.
Charles Copas plead guilty to all counts against him.

He waived his right to a jury trial, against the advice of his counsel.

He will be sentenced July 9, 2014, by Judge Janet Crocker in the Allen County Circuit Court room.

The death penalty is still on the table.
Elvis Parsley

Carthage, TN

#2 Feb 7, 2014
Way to go, sheepdog. You were the first to report this... Waaaay before the others.
Umm

Lafayette, TN

#3 Feb 7, 2014
Sheepdog It was in Allen County today not Franklin. RIP baby girl we all love and miss you so much.
payne family

La Vergne, TN

#4 Feb 7, 2014
The little man is a punk. He new name is charlise.
sheepdog

Westmoreland, TN

#5 Feb 7, 2014
You are right Ummm... Scottsville, not Franklin...
real punishment

Lafayette, TN

#6 Feb 8, 2014
If he don't get the death penalty, he will be put in protective custody the rest of his life. General population would be real punishment for this vile POS. Unfortunately that will not happen. It will be us tax-payers footing the bill to keep this sorry bastard alive and well, to the tune of millions of $$ for years and years to come. F^^k the Commonwealth! A 7.62 millimeter round costs about $0.33 per shot. Really cost efficient and easy.
his brother

Union City, GA

#8 Feb 8, 2014
He made a small mistake
Family

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Feb 8, 2014
How in the hell is it a small mistake when you murder a innocent girl and her unborn child!!! You are sick!!! I would hate to see what a you thought a big mistake was I hope he gets the death penalty and rots in hell!!! That still would not serve the justice that she deserves!!!!!! I hope and pray you never have to go through what this family has had to endure and then someone say oh well they made a small mistake!!!
Mel

Lafayette, TN

#10 Feb 8, 2014
I'm pretty sure the "He made a small mistake" comment was referring to the original poster saying "A bombshell in Franklin today" and another commenter correcting "it was in Allen county today not franklin." A small mistake because what does is really matter what county court was held in, when the point of the discussion is that he plead guilty.
cell mate

Union City, GA

#11 Feb 9, 2014
We are making him pay
town

Lafayette, TN

#12 Feb 10, 2014
cell mate wrote:
We are making him pay
I am so glad
sheepdog

Westmoreland, TN

#13 Feb 11, 2014
Thanks Mel!
what

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Feb 11, 2014
mossberg wrote:
Did his family get into any trouble?
Why the hell would his family get in trouble? Idiot!
Well

Lafayette, TN

#17 Feb 12, 2014
Tell us more Mossberg
floyd

Atlanta, GA

#18 Feb 12, 2014
He will get out in 5 years. Them boys are being rough on him. He is probably getting raped.
sue

Atlanta, GA

#20 Feb 13, 2014
My cousin said he is licking balls every day. He likes being a punk.
ya know

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#21 Feb 15, 2014
mossberg wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a child molester before over chelsey's little sister. He gets out and starts talking to my girlfriend's cousin gabby. And like a week or two before the murder he had gabby held hostage saying he was going to kill her but somehow she escaped. She was going to go to cops and David Copass begged her not to. Gab said that after the murder David was trying to help Charlie get the hell out of dodge and insisted he took a shower at David's house. All seems a little fishy to me. Next time I see David in Allen county I plan on asking him about it.
from what i understand, none of the stuff with the other person has went to trial, they were separate charges..maybe they were rolled into all of this..but at either rate..she was a victim too and unfortunately she lives with those nightmares on a daily basis and can't you be HUMANE enough to not put her name on a trashy site like this!!!!!!! He is a sick person and did sick things and deserves far more than what he will more than likely get at his punishment. Do not allow this sick man to have any more time in the spotlight!
mossberg

United States

#22 Feb 15, 2014
ya know wrote:
<quoted text>from what i understand, none of the stuff with the other person has went to trial, they were separate charges..maybe they were rolled into all of this..but at either rate..she was a victim too and unfortunately she lives with those nightmares on a daily basis and can't you be HUMANE enough to not put her name on a trashy site like this!!!!!!! He is a sick person and did sick things and deserves far more than what he will more than likely get at his punishment. Do not allow this sick man to have any more time in the spotlight!
Well all I know is if they had turned this child molester in for obviously breaking his parole agreement and also threatening to kill the teenager, then Chelsey and her baby would be alive today. The ones who protected this piece of shit has some blood on their hands. I would bet my last dollar this piece of shit had told his family way in advance what he was planning. If they were so concerned of doing the right thing then it would have been prevented. Nothing more to say.
sonya biatch

La Vergne, TN

#23 Feb 15, 2014
Didn't know he had the flu
Cliffy

Knoxville, TN

#24 Jul 16, 2014
Copas is charged on that other case. If Copas gets Death Penalty or Life on murder case, he can't get any more time under KY law. If you get life, they can't "add" anything to it. Used to be you could get consecutive life sentences etc, but they changed that a few years ago.Read the family of murder victim wants him to get life with no chance of parole. Judge is deciding and should rule in August.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danny Joe Stinson 1 hr Lil Mama 9
Kristen Simpson 3 hr Bubba Humpalot 35
Nikki Sullivan (Feb '13) 3 hr Barbie Doll 3
Who do i contact about looking at the fish and ... 11 hr SammySammy Hyall 3
Patricia Logsdon 14 hr Ball player 78 1
Social Workers Allen County (Jun '12) 17 hr Istayaway 64
Aarons in scottsville Fri W-theactual-f 4

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance