First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dem

Westmoreland, TN

#1 Jan 17, 2013
I am a democrat for the working class people of this nation. What a few democrats want does not reflect the rest of us. I will NOT support this president on his mission to restrict our law abiding citizens from their 2nd amendment rights. We the people has a place in my house. Please call and or write a letter to your law maker now. An e mail will not pile up on the mail table. LET YOUR FEELINGS BE KNOWN !
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Dem wrote:
I am a democrat for the working class people of this nation. What a few democrats want does not reflect the rest of us. I will NOT support this president on his mission to restrict our law abiding citizens from their 2nd amendment rights. We the people has a place in my house. Please call and or write a letter to your law maker now. An e mail will not pile up on the mail table. LET YOUR FEELINGS BE KNOWN !
Kudos to you! It's nice to see someone to stand up for the something that is right. Many are diehard Reps and Dems, and go for whatever their party goes for, but I believe in whatever is right whether being a Rep or Dem, go for the right thing and better job.
Patriot Dad

Greensburg, KY

#3 Jan 17, 2013
There are many people in both parties against Obama's latest gun grab. Brings a tear to my eye seeing all this unity.
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Yes It just that I fear that he has many more tricks up his sleeve, that won't be good for Joe Citizen.
Dem

Westmoreland, TN

#5 Jan 17, 2013
At this time he is doing the same thing George W did that ran out in 2004. This is not politics its the 2nd Amendment. He can't do it without the legislator's. Let your legislator know your feelings. Topix will not change anything.
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Dem wrote:
At this time he is doing the same thing George W did that ran out in 2004. This is not politics its the 2nd Amendment. He can't do it without the legislator's. Let your legislator know your feelings. Topix will not change anything.
He is calling it an Executive Order. He plans on doing it on his own, just wait and see. The NWO government is just around the corner in his mind.
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#7 Jan 17, 2013
It is politics playing with the 2nd Amendment.
Dem

Westmoreland, TN

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Ok be like most people do nothing and complain about it.
Patriot Dad

Greensburg, KY

#9 Jan 18, 2013
Dem wrote:
I'm sure our Representatives are well aware of our opinions on the matter. Our views and their views are the same. No need to flood the mailroom on this one. Do you think Paul needs to be reminded of this?
Dem

Westmoreland, TN

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Patriot Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure our Representatives are well aware of our opinions on the matter. Our views and their views are the same. No need to flood the mailroom on this one. Do you think Paul needs to be reminded of this?
You are true republicans. You get on here bitch and complain about things. But won't even lift a pin or the phone to help. I just hope there's not to many of you out there. Hot air topix whiners is what you are. Patriot is more than a topix name and you should not use it. WHIMPS !!!!
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#11 Jan 18, 2013
Dem wrote:
Oh I not saying that there is nothing to complain about but the decision is made higher up and will be made on a screw Joe Citizen with an Executive Order. Even though his home state had a gun control ban and has one of the highest crime rates in the country.

Gun control will not fix what he thinks it will. With gun control will only make criminal out of honest people and the real criminals will still have guns. Why is that so difficult for these people to understand?
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Dem wrote:
<quoted text>You are true republicans. You get on here bitch and complain about things. But won't even lift a pin or the phone to help. I just hope there's not to many of you out there. Hot air topix whiners is what you are. Patriot is more than a topix name and you should not use it. WHIMPS !!!!
And just what do you think is complaining, but how it is. What do you know about how many surveys or complaints that I and others have filed with many different orginazations, politicans and etc.

Sir you are the "WHIMP", for voting and backing your "Messiah" knowing that this is what he was coming down to. Sir I think that its only a beginning.

He is preparing for his NWO type of government.
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#13 Jan 18, 2013
Dem wrote:
<quoted text>You are true republicans. You get on here bitch and complain about things. But won't even lift a pin or the phone to help. I just hope there's not to many of you out there. Hot air topix whiners is what you are. Patriot is more than a topix name and you should not use it. WHIMPS !!!!
Well I'm just going to keep it to myself on what I think you are a true ________..And just maybe one of the days you will see the light.
Patriot Dad

Greensburg, KY

#14 Jan 18, 2013
Dem wrote:
I am a Patriot to my core. You know nothing about me or my beliefs. My point was our representatives already know our opinions. See we elect people who represent our views. If I thought my Senator was going to vote for additional gun control you bet he would hear from me. He is doing the very opposite. He is working against the gun grab.

If we elect people who share our views and beliefs we don't need to worry. Do your elected officials reprents your views?

With your slam on Republicans and your screen name I can only assume that you are a Democrat who now sees the error of voting this gun grabber back into office. Now you want us to call on our Congressmen to stop your President.

Classic.
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#15 Jan 18, 2013
Patriot Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Patriot to my core. You know nothing about me or my beliefs. My point was our representatives already know our opinions. See we elect people who represent our views. If I thought my Senator was going to vote for additional gun control you bet he would hear from me. He is doing the very opposite. He is working against the gun grab.
If we elect people who share our views and beliefs we don't need to worry. Do your elected officials reprents your views?
With your slam on Republicans and your screen name I can only assume that you are a Democrat who now sees the error of voting this gun grabber back into office. Now you want us to call on our Congressmen to stop your President.
Classic.
"Now you want us to call on our Congressmen to stop your President." Now to my opinion is where the problem is. As I read in the paper this morning they referred to him as an Imperial, emperor or supreme leader.
Lennon or Lenin

Scottsville, KY

#16 Jan 18, 2013
Read the lyrics to John Lennon's song Imagine about a peaceful happy world,then think about a new world order.Many have tried,many have failed because power corrupts - absolute power corrupts absolutely.Imagine yourself with no
,possessions no religion too and soon you'll figure out what this bunch is up to.I was a kid when the song came out,thought it sounded like the perfect world then,now it scares the hell out of me.What becomes of those who refuse to give up the things mentioned? Read history & gun control and draw your own conclusion.
fed up

Westmoreland, TN

#17 Jan 20, 2013
People need to look at the big picture "they" (Republicans and Democrats) are all out to screw us out of our rights!! Republicans for the most part want to control how ppl believe, live their life, do with their own body, etc. Democrats just wanna make more strict gun laws. Make no mistake folks ALL of "them" are out for their own polticam status and couldnt give a rats ass about "us" average joes. The gun issue is just another excuse for them to take away more of our rights!!! They are all a joke, greedy cowards who bend the average American over every chance they get. They dont give a shit what is good for any of "us" the federal gov is only worried about their own wallet. They ALL are tryin to shit on our rights its just different rights each party is attacking. People are screwed out of medical treatment that wolud actually help them if not cure them because the fed gov cant fill their pockets up over it. The list goes on and on, it is really sickening if u think about it. Well thats all I have to say if u disagree I hope your eyes are opened up soon because this is ridiculous. Bottom line u are either one of "US" or one of "THEM" if u dont think that is the way they see it u are crazy!!!

Since: Sep 11

Westmoreland, TN

#18 Jan 20, 2013
fed up wrote:
People need to look at the big picture "they" (Republicans and Democrats) are all out to screw us out of our rights!! Republicans for the most part want to control how ppl believe, live their life, do with their own body, etc. Democrats just wanna make more strict gun laws. Make no mistake folks ALL of "them" are out for their own polticam status and couldnt give a rats ass about "us" average joes. The gun issue is just another excuse for them to take away more of our rights!!! They are all a joke, greedy cowards who bend the average American over every chance they get. They dont give a shit what is good for any of "us" the federal gov is only worried about their own wallet. They ALL are tryin to shit on our rights its just different rights each party is attacking. People are screwed out of medical treatment that wolud actually help them if not cure them because the fed gov cant fill their pockets up over it. The list goes on and on, it is really sickening if u think about it. Well thats all I have to say if u disagree I hope your eyes are opened up soon because this is ridiculous. Bottom line u are either one of "US" or one of "THEM" if u dont think that is the way they see it u are crazy!!!
That's the way I see it too, and they do think that I'm crazy. Mostly all they are interested in is keeping the tax revenue coming in, so to pay their salaries, creating control over people and pork barrel spending.
fed up

Westmoreland, TN

#19 Jan 20, 2013
well it is good to know there are others in this town who can see thru all the 2 party bullshit. They point fingers at each other and most ppl take it hook, line, and sinker. Red? Blue? it is all about GREEN and not the feel good green lol oh wait they try to keep that away too until they can get their corrupt hands on it.
Patriot Dad

Orrville, OH

#20 Jan 20, 2013
fed up wrote:
well it is good to know there are others in this town who can see thru all the 2 party bullshit. They point fingers at each other and most ppl take it hook, line, and sinker. Red? Blue? it is all about GREEN and not the feel good green lol oh wait they try to keep that away too until they can get their corrupt hands on it.
A good starting point would be term limits. Until we demand term limits we will never get out this cycle we are in. The same people have been in charge for long enough. They have brought a new meaning to the phrase politics as usual.

How many elections are won every cycle by someone who ran unopposed? Many of these offices are held by someone who is so heavily entrenched that a bulldozer couldn't get them out. These offices could use some new blood in them. Term limits would help to root out the good ol boys and get fresh ideas into office. Ideas and hard work is what makes America great. After a couple of terms the idea well is dried up and it's time to move on.

I agree that the 2 parties are not that different. The only thing either of the parties care about is power. I will give you that. But that is the system that we have. People do not take 3rd party candidates seriously. Not enough people vote for the Green Party, the Libertain Party, or any other 3 party to make a change. It is always going to be about the Reds and the Blues.

Now if we put party aside and vote for the candidate that best represents our views we will sometimes vote across the party line. I vote for a Democrat every year in the State House race. The candidate shares my views on many issues and therefor will get my vote. It is easy to find common ground if you look for it.

The people in Washington are there because they were voted into office. They are there to represent our views. With all the campaigning that goes on today a voter should know what the candidates stand for by election day. I can only assume that when the person gets elected or re-elected they feel that what they said they want to do is in fact what the people are sending them to Washington to do.

This discussion is not about "Them and Us". In reality THEY are US. We have a Representative Government and the elected officials are representing us. If they don't represent your views and ideals then vote the bums out and start over. If the new bums don't cut it then vote them out as well.

"We the People" are the only solution to the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Milf looking for a younger hookup needed 1 hr Twistedskank 10
Last post win war. War begin now! (Jul '15) 2 hr RoamingInsomniac 2,288
Words of wisdom for the day. 3 hr Primate at large 12
What about Corinna Hack? (Sep '09) 6 hr karma 4
anyone know what county in KY they are referrin... 7 hr Answer 2
Meth 7 hr Jesus H Christ 8
Madden case Tue Wallace 59

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance