Scottsville animal shelter killed fam...

Scottsville animal shelter killed family pet

Posted in the Scottsville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
santarick

Lafayette, TN

#1 Oct 13, 2011
After reading the letters to the editor in the oct, 13th issue of the CT from a mother with 2 children who took their 3 year old pet cat Gracie Lou to the spay day on sept. 29th at the scottsville animal shelter.
After returning to pick there beloved pet up that afternoon they were giving the pet carrier with a cat inside, upon getting home and taking what she thought was the beloved Gracie Lou out of the carrier she found they had given her the wrong cat.
She called back and advised them they had given her the wrong cat and was on her way back to pick up there Gracie thinking she was still sitting in a cage recovering from her surgery.
She was told it was too late that they had euthaized the wrong cat and they had spayed the wrong cat and killed Gracie the family pet. And then sent a replacement cat hopping no one wouy notice I guess. Judge Hobdy apogized to her I'm sure that made the kids and family feel so much better for the murder of their family pet. What kind of fools do we the tax payers of this county pay for ?
I like thousands of other here in Allen county are animal lovers and this is just wrong on any level, I will be posting a news tip to The park city daily News as well as posting a news tip to WBKO News. and to Judge Hobdy. Someone should be made to make this right and see to it that nothing like this ever happens again.
gravy

Lafayette, TN

#2 Oct 13, 2011
ole buck and kelli made a boo boo, id sue the county for everyting it was worth,
Dumas Walker

Lafayette, TN

#3 Oct 13, 2011
santarick wrote:
After reading the letters to the editor in the oct, 13th issue of the CT from a mother with 2 children who took their 3 year old pet cat Gracie Lou to the spay day on sept. 29th at the scottsville animal shelter.
After returning to pick there beloved pet up that afternoon they were giving the pet carrier with a cat inside, upon getting home and taking what she thought was the beloved Gracie Lou out of the carrier she found they had given her the wrong cat.
She called back and advised them they had given her the wrong cat and was on her way back to pick up there Gracie thinking she was still sitting in a cage recovering from her surgery.
She was told it was too late that they had euthaized the wrong cat and they had spayed the wrong cat and killed Gracie the family pet. And then sent a replacement cat hopping no one wouy notice I guess. Judge Hobdy apogized to her I'm sure that made the kids and family feel so much better for the murder of their family pet. What kind of fools do we the tax payers of this county pay for ?
I like thousands of other here in Allen county are animal lovers and this is just wrong on any level, I will be posting a news tip to The park city daily News as well as posting a news tip to WBKO News. and to Judge Hobdy. Someone should be made to make this right and see to it that nothing like this ever happens again.
Glad it wazsnt a human being.
Bad

Westmoreland, TN

#4 Oct 13, 2011
If this family is looking for a new cat- I have several and I would share. Can't bear to take them to the shelter because they would die so I just buy food for several sweet loving cats.
i agree

Lexington, KY

#5 Oct 13, 2011
Bad wrote:
If this family is looking for a new cat- I have several and I would share. Can't bear to take them to the shelter because they would die so I just buy food for several sweet loving cats.
I love cats to, I'd take one from you but stupid landlord won't let me have one!! Grrrrrrrrr ):
Agree

Lafayette, TN

#6 Oct 13, 2011
I agree this has gone to far.I took a litter of kittens to the shelter that I found beside the road.I thought the kittens would get a great home since the was small and healthy.Little did I know as soon as I walked out the doors the kittens was put to sleep.I was so angry I told them about it but it didn't matter what I said they kept saying we have to many cats here.They have no Cats there but maybe 1.They need to try and give the cats atleast a chance to be adopted out.A few seconds is not long enough something has to be done to stop the killing of all of these cats.I feel sorry for Gracie Lou's owner and family my advice is talk to a lawyer and see what you can get done.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#7 Oct 13, 2011
Truely an atrocity.
Same

Lafayette, TN

#8 Oct 13, 2011
I like many of people have brought animals here so that they could have a chance.
But years ago my Dog had given birth to 8 puppies and I wanted them to go to good homes. So I took my dog(the mother) as well as the puppies up there to find homes.. I let them keep the mother til the puppies found a home and then would return to pick her up.
The day I dropped them off, the warden said that my dog(the mother) was beautiful and he wished he has her.. I said that thank you and thought nothing of it.

Later on a month later...I went to pick my dog up and they said she has been killed by another dog.

First off my dog was a pitbull, raised around kids so she wouldnt hurt a flea, but then they proceeded to tell me it was a chiuauau that had killed her... what???

How could a chiuauau kill a pitbull???

Needless to say, Im sure the warden had taken her home and lied to us..

That was our family pet too and she was gone...

These people need help!!
Fyi

Lexington, KY

#9 Oct 13, 2011
Allen county animal shelter is considered a "high Kill" facility. the kind people who work at the warren county humane society try to take as many animals from allen county as possible because allen county kills 92% of all the animals they come to own.

and to the person with the pitbull, just so you know allen county animal shelter has a policy that every dog with a pitbull breed or pit mix breed is put to sleep with in 24 hours of arriving at the facility because it aganist their policies to house any type of pibull breed.

you can call and ask
Same

Lafayette, TN

#10 Oct 13, 2011
this was 20 yrs ago...they didnt have that policy back then... I know all about the policy now..

Since: Oct 11

Lafayette, TN

#11 Oct 14, 2011
gravy wrote:
ole buck and kelli made a boo boo, id sue the county for everyting it was worth,
really sorry to hear about the cat..but buck wasnt there that day he was in louisville with me while i was having a biopsy...
well

Casey, IL

#12 Oct 14, 2011
This isn't the first time. Kelly hates cats she has told everyone that. She kills all she can get. Weird to me thouu how purebreed dogs disappear from the shelter. Don't give me she sends them to rescue all the time either. Her and Barbras little friends are real chummy. Fact
Truly Sad

Huntsville, TX

#13 Oct 15, 2011
That is just awful. I feel so bad for the family whose cat was killed. I would definitely have something done about it.
Amy

Lexington, KY

#14 Oct 15, 2011
I would be calling the ASPCA, The Humane Society of the United States, PETA, and everyone else I possibly could. This poor cat did not deserve to die. I was supposed to take my mini pincher puppy out there that day and he had gotten sick from his shots a couple of days prior so I decided to wait till he felt better. Thank God he didn't go. Oh this makes me mad! I think if enough if us got together and reported their asses to higher ups maybe we could stop some of this crap from going on. I hate it for poor Gracie. I can't imagine how the family feels.
Amy

Lexington, KY

#15 Oct 15, 2011
http://www.aspca.org/

http://www.humanesociety.org/

http://www.peta.org/

http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/animal_cruelty...

http://www.paws.org/report-cruelty.html

http://governor.ky.gov/contact/ (Steve Beshear)

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/legislator/s009.htm (Senator Givens)

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/legislator/h022.htm (Representative Wilson Stone)

All of these places have a "contact us" section. Please take a moment and write to them telling them about this mess. I will be. I am also going to scan the editorial section containing the story and post it on my Facebook page and ask all of my online community to spread the word across the States. There was absolutely NO NEED for this to have happened. I understand that sometimes an animal has to be euthanized. I do not agree with killing someones pet. I don't think every cat that goes into that place should leave out dead either. If they would spend the money on spaying or neutering the cats that they use to kill them, then let people who would give them good homes have them they could save quite a few. From what it sounds like, they don't even let cats have much of a chance. This is all bullshit to the highest degree.
Alison

Scottsville, KY

#16 Oct 15, 2011
I wouldnt send a pissant out there.I also have a few strays that come to my house and instead of sealing thier fate by taking them to the shelter I buy food and feed them and they have became excellent mousers. If I was the lady whose cat had been put down Id sue the crap out of the county.I understand that money is tight these days and people are looking to get spaying done cheaper to cut down on the overgrowing animal population but that cat did not deserve to be put to sleep.Ive been to that shelter one time and wasnt at all impressed.The animals on side of the rd have a better chance of survival than the ones at the shelter.
KaylaMarie

United States

#17 Oct 23, 2013
I know this is old but were any of these allegations proven or was this pursued with help from the authorities- other than Allen County's, like HSUS or ASPCA?

ACO/County Atty and the sheriff we had back in 2008 did my family very wrong with our pet too. Was hoping someone was able to get help for their situation.

Thanks!
Wow

Morgantown, KY

#18 Jan 21, 2014
Well since all u animal lovers in allen co are sooooo concerned why don't y'all take in some of these animals and take care of them all and be helpful to the community ? Hell u could even take in some of the horses everyone was so concerned about a while back and feed them also dang that would be a great help if everyone in the county took at least 6 cats 6 dogs and 5 or 6 horses then there would be no need to take them to the shelter!!!
chicken

Lexington, KY

#19 Jan 21, 2014
Deep down everyone in Allen County loves Kelly or they would call the judge and there magistrates....So if you wont make a call then you shouldnt be on here crying about her or the shelter....I mean she is still there soooo
myopinion

Westmoreland, TN

#20 Jan 21, 2014
Wow wrote:
Well since all u animal lovers in allen co are sooooo concerned why don't y'all take in some of these animals and take care of them all and be helpful to the community ? Hell u could even take in some of the horses everyone was so concerned about a while back and feed them also dang that would be a great help if everyone in the county took at least 6 cats 6 dogs and 5 or 6 horses then there would be no need to take them to the shelter!!!
Some people HOARD animals and then when they get tired of them the animals mysteriously "go missing"!!!! If you can't afford them, don't get them!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lady with crazy empty eyes 53 min Schmedley T Troll 21
Donald Trump's accomplishments as President of ... 2 hr Schmedley T Troll 43
Jeff Young speeding danger 2 hr A Friend Said 9
FromKentucky 2 hr FromKentucky 29
Tax Ease Lien Investments (Aug '10) 16 hr Mucking Forons 47
Where did Danielle cook get off to 22 hr Schmedley T Troll 3
Were Huston stovall at 23 hr Just sayn 5

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance