Autistic boy south dixin street

Autistic boy south dixin street

Posted in the Scottsville Forum

autisticangelsru s

Scottsville, KY

#1 Apr 28, 2013
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Christianity at its best…..
For the fourth time this year my moderate to severely autistic almost completely non-verbal son has climbed up the brick wall onto the roof and into the back yard of the house behind us. This house belongs to the local preacher and his wife. In which the wife has threatened to call the police a few times and has called them three times twice just this week. As I stand there talking to the cops to get some new idea from him as to make my already Fort Knox home more escape proof up pops the preacher and daughter-n-law and the preacher says I do have one thing to say,“last time my wife tried to have a conversation with you and you wouldn’t listen.” Whereby I respond no she told me she was going to deal with this all summer and threatened to call the cops next time which she did. Then the daughter-n-law proceeds to tell me how sick her mother-n-law is and how my son makes it worse. How she understands that he is different but that wasn’t enough if he kept it up they would have to put something up on top of the fence. Like what I wonder razor wire electric fence. Damn my house really will be a prison then….. They at first were mad that we wouldn’t sale them two or three foot of land on our back yard so that they could fix anything that may go wrong with their garage. We tried to be civil even offered them key to the gate to get in and out of our yard if need. But to the wife that still wasn’t good enough and she spent an hour tell this to the cops that she had called on my son the first time back in the summer, as if the cops cared about where our fence was. We put it up to keep him in so that things like this wouldn’t happen and yet here we are still. No compassion for the weak. Not a Christian but married to a preacher. Or maybe this is really Christianity at its best. People think we are different even been accused of being a devil worshiper,“not true”, but even still I am not that cold of heart and soul.
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Apr 28, 2013
What's suppose to be wrong with the preacher's wife? The last time I checked, being a bitch isn't really a "sickness". Yes, he is your son and your are responsible for him and his actions - but people should have some common decency. I really doubt he is hurting or bothering him, and short of a liability issue, I don't see why they couldn't just be neighborly and notify you of his natural curiosity.

Its probably because he's "different" and not everyone understand that.
know who they are

Westmoreland, TN

#3 Apr 28, 2013
You need to ask the daughter in law if you need to protect your home from her no good drug head brother. These people own half of Scottsville so they think they rule. And the son and daughter in law DON'T work, they get an allowance from preacher daddy and mom.
Whoooo

United States

#4 Apr 28, 2013
What preacher u talking about?
lexus

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2013
I guess they are talking about marvey wood and daughter in law holly.
someone

Lafayette, TN

#6 Apr 28, 2013
Funny you live on the street and don't know it is Dixon!! Lol
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Apr 28, 2013
Ever heard of a TYPO?
Special needs mom

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Apr 28, 2013
autisticangelsrus wrote:
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Christianity at its best…..
For the fourth time this year my moderate to severely autistic almost completely non-verbal son has climbed up the brick wall onto the roof and into the back yard of the house behind us. This house belongs to the local preacher and his wife. In which the wife has threatened to call the police a few times and has called them three times twice just this week. As I stand there talking to the cops to get some new idea from him as to make my already Fort Knox home more escape proof up pops the preacher and daughter-n-law and the preacher says I do have one thing to say,“last time my wife tried to have a conversation with you and you wouldn’t listen.” Whereby I respond no she told me she was going to deal with this all summer and threatened to call the cops next time which she did. Then the daughter-n-law proceeds to tell me how sick her mother-n-law is and how my son makes it worse. How she understands that he is different but that wasn’t enough if he kept it up they would have to put something up on top of the fence. Like what I wonder razor wire electric fence. Damn my house really will be a prison then….. They at first were mad that we wouldn’t sale them two or three foot of land on our back yard so that they could fix anything that may go wrong with their garage. We tried to be civil even offered them key to the gate to get in and out of our yard if need. But to the wife that still wasn’t good enough and she spent an hour tell this to the cops that she had called on my son the first time back in the summer, as if the cops cared about where our fence was. We put it up to keep him in so that things like this wouldn’t happen and yet here we are still. No compassion for the weak. Not a Christian but married to a preacher. Or maybe this is really Christianity at its best. People think we are different even been accused of being a devil worshiper,“not true”, but even still I am not that cold of heart and soul.
I would like to say that I'm a special needs mom also. I know it is very difficult to have a child on the autism spectrum. However, we gave birth to these children with special needs and though compassion is nice, they are our responsibility. It sounds very dangerous that your child is climbing over fences and onto a roof. If I had neighbor kids who were climbing on to my roof, I would have a problem with it. I would speak with the parents about it and if it continued, I would probably call the cops. The fact is, your son could get hurt. There are a lot of people today that are out for money that would sue over their kid getting hurt on someone's property. Someone can be on your property to steal from you, get hurt and sue you. It's happened. So, these people are most likely trying to protect your son and themselves. If my kid were trespassing on someone's property I would not expect those people to tolerate it just because of my son's autism. I know that having a special needs child is a challenging and never ending job, but it's one that we were given and if that means you have to watch a teen child as closely as you would a toddler, then that's what has to be done. Best wishes to your son and family.
mom whos been there

United States

#9 Apr 29, 2013
My son has Autism and has always been a "runner" & a climber.while it would be nice if everyone understood Autism is not a disability that one can "see". I agree that there was probably a better way for them to handle the situation and i know that sometimes these kids can get away even when your watching them closely. Preachers do still make mistakes and although that's not an excuse it is true. i hope the best for u and your son.
Love

Westmoreland, TN

#10 Apr 29, 2013
Special needs mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to say that I'm a special needs mom also. I know it is very difficult to have a child on the autism spectrum. However, we gave birth to these children with special needs and though compassion is nice, they are our responsibility. It sounds very dangerous that your child is climbing over fences and onto a roof. If I had neighbor kids who were climbing on to my roof, I would have a problem with it. I would speak with the parents about it and if it continued, I would probably call the cops. The fact is, your son could get hurt. There are a lot of people today that are out for money that would sue over their kid getting hurt on someone's property. Someone can be on your property to steal from you, get hurt and sue you. It's happened. So, these people are most likely trying to protect your son and themselves. If my kid were trespassing on someone's property I would not expect those people to tolerate it just because of my son's autism. I know that having a special needs child is a challenging and never ending job, but it's one that we were given and if that means you have to watch a teen child as closely as you would a toddler, then that's what has to be done. Best wishes to your son and family.
They run a christian tv station and are always preaching compassion for the children overseas, where is the compassion and understanding for their neighbors child? It seems they have a problem with the fence being built so close to their property and using the child as an excuse to call the law. Why not practice what you preach francis and show this child some love ? Do you remember the two greatest commandments fron the lord?
Grow up

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Apr 29, 2013
Love wrote:
<quoted text>
They run a christian tv station and are always preaching compassion for the children overseas, where is the compassion and understanding for their neighbors child? It seems they have a problem with the fence being built so close to their property and using the child as an excuse to call the law. Why not practice what you preach francis and show this child some love ? Do you remember the two greatest commandments fron the lord?
Hey you had the kid now take care of him. You have to respect other peoples space know matter what your problem is. Do you let your kid do what they wan't when you take them out shopping... Heii no you dont so why is this any diff. Watch your freaking kid loser
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#12 Apr 29, 2013
Love wrote:
<quoted text>
They run a christian tv station and are always preaching compassion for the children overseas, where is the compassion and understanding for their neighbors child? It seems they have a problem with the fence being built so close to their property and using the child as an excuse to call the law. Why not practice what you preach francis and show this child some love ? Do you remember the two greatest commandments fron the lord?
As his daddy often referred to him as, "that's his momma's educated fool".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please contact me 28 min You know 29-8 33
Matt Carter 2 hr Lulu 6
Rhonda perry 3 hr Family 3
jason byrn (Jan '13) 4 hr lol 9
Matt Brown 11 hr Antique junky 15
Last post win war. War begin now! (Jul '15) 11 hr Schmedley T Troll 2,131
Middle school fight 11 hr Curious Parent 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages