Worst Restaurant to Work

Posted in the Scottsdale Forum

Jonathan

Peoria, AZ

#1 Feb 21, 2009
I work at Romano's Macaroni Grill for 3 years as a server. Sometimes the store manager is unpredictable. He is rude & no respect to his employee. It happen twice to me when he decided not to discounted my food after I clock out. My husband & I can simply go to a different restaurant & use my discount card but we choose to do business at my store where I work. Servers are working 5 times harder for $3.60 per hour. I use to own a family restaurant & I have never experience nor see many of the employee are trying very hard to tolerate this manager behavior. Regardless his reason, it is inexcusable for this manager to behave disrespectful to his employee.
Doris

Peoria, AZ

#2 Feb 22, 2009
If you re clock out you became a customer. Most restaurant give their employee food free or discounted without question. In Scottsdale as a local business patron, we do not tolerate this kind of management behavior. My suggestion is for you to quit & find another place to serve. The economy is bad right now & that is why the manager is acting such an a**ss.
Fletch

Peoria, AZ

#3 Sep 13, 2009
I was a developer for Macaroni Grill & Managers are
either trained to be rude to their employees. They need to change the concept of family restaurant. Because when your member of family, family protect & support. Managers are the head of the family & they set the example or otherwise don't call it "Welcome to the Family".
Their employees are their family & most important assets. Managers do not manipulate nor taking advantage the economic down turn as a mean of scaring employee to work extra hard for as little money $4.25/hour. Manager at Macaroni Grill in six months I have work & observe that they have a very unorthodox way in scheduling their family member. They put you as on call server. It means you cannot plan your day productively because managers hold you responsible when they need you, at the same time they don't guaranty work. They basically grab you by the neck. I quit last month because the psychological & physical abuse seeing fellow family member has to put up. Simply because they need to keep their job. Macaroni Store managers are abusive.
Matt

Howe, TX

#5 Mar 6, 2011
Doris wrote:
If you re clock out you became a customer. Most restaurant give their employee food free or discounted without question. In Scottsdale as a local business patron, we do not tolerate this kind of management behavior. My suggestion is for you to quit & find another place to serve. The economy is bad right now & that is why the manager is acting such an a**ss.
No actually it is corporate policy at Brinker (macaroni grill parent) to discount employee meals all the time. It's not the managers business to make that decision.
brian

Orange City, FL

#6 Jul 8, 2011
you might want to look into the on-call thing. It is actually against the law unless you are a salaried employee or work "at-large" like at an agency (i.e. nursing, m.d.s in a hospital, etc.) to have an hourly employee on call and not pay them for the hours that they are sitting and waiting. Call your dept. of labor or seek legal advice!!!!
Rasheika reed

United States

#7 Jun 18, 2012
My wrost job was working at mcdonald u just have to do to much for low prices n there rules was very strict
Stefan

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Jul 23, 2012
I worked for Cracker barrel and their pretend conservative approach to how they run their operation is far from he truth they disrespect their employees and choose to be very shady in how they conduct business all he way up to corporation.. I learned more on how not to manage than how to be a better manager from this horrible company
june

Murray, KY

#9 May 10, 2013
amys bakery factory they steal the servers tips,and treat then badly over 100 turn over
bobsyouruncle

Coleman, TX

#10 May 16, 2013
june wrote:
amys bakery factory they steal the servers tips,and treat then badly over 100 turn over
Maybe they should rename it amy's half-baked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Journey Healing Centers Reports 95% Dual Diagno... (Nov '11) Feb 28 Nan Brua 4
Is prostitution and sex taking place in Scottsd... (Oct '09) Feb 28 Barbara Striesandah 222
Big fish Feb 26 -Lily- 10
Secrest Family Chiropractic Reports Success Wit... Feb 26 Chiropractor From... 9
Jeans face an uncertain future amid yoga wear rage Feb 22 last fall 1
Review: ABC Auto Auction (Dec '13) Feb 18 Darren Roger 6
Embattled Sheriff Joe Buys 700 Body Cameras for... Feb 10 I Shot The Sheriff 3
Scottsdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Scottsdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:31 am PST