Mexican ambassador says now is the time for immigration reform

By Khara Persad Cronkite News Service WASHINGTON - The Mexican ambassador to the United States said Wednesday that immigration reform is vital for relations between the two countries and that the time for reform is now. Full Story
Bull Chit

Omaha, NE

#1 Nov 17, 2012
STFU, period!
Dont Quote Me

Fullerton, CA

#2 Nov 17, 2012
"I've said it before - I don't think there's as an important issue for the future wellbeing of our bilateral relationship than getting immigration reform right,"

"I think the time is ripe,"

"Arizona ... is Ground Zero for the fight on immigration, I hope that members of Congress are sincerely interested in working on a solution."

"There is a commitment and desire to do something, but there are still ideological divides,"

"The political reality is, to do it comprehensively, you must address them all at one time,"

"They should not be interfering with the internal policy of the United States, It's not their call."

"I understand the merits of the piecemeal approach, I understand why people would feel that comprehensive (reform) has failed to convince members of Congress and the American public that it's the right way to go, but I think it would be a big mistake to go down the piecemeal approach."

"I think the stars are aligning for having an overdue discussion about immigration reform,

"We fully expect that this is ... an issue that's going to be taken up, We're in a good place."

"a voice for pushing that forward."

"The logical window of opportunity for this happening is between 2013 and 2014, There is a chance that this issue could be resolved."
LOL

Omaha, NE

#3 Nov 17, 2012
You there in AZ? No way!
Fed Up Vet

Herndon, VA

#4 Nov 17, 2012
Someone should tell the Ambassador to prepare for the homecoming.
LOL

Omaha, NE

#5 Nov 17, 2012
Fed Up Vet wrote:
Someone should tell the Ambassador to prepare for the homecoming.
Exactly! Entitlements are to be cut, let's make entitlements for illegal aliens top priority!

“BetchaMyGollyWow”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Nov 17, 2012
NO!!!!!, Ambassahor,,,, Now is the time to advise your countrymen/women to go straight back home. The nerve !!!

“Legals against Illegals!”

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#7 Nov 17, 2012
Tell the mexican ambassador to stay the f%$k out of American issues...go home and make a better country of the cesspool yhey call mexico and maybe there would not be a illegal issue.

Sign petitions to enforce immigration laws,impeach Obama and more!
http://americanmove.webs.com/thepage.htm
The Saga Continues

Fullerton, CA

#8 Nov 17, 2012
Hispanic vote may nudge Ariz. toward 'swing' in 2016

Susan Davis, USA TODAY

Arizona's controversial crackdown on illegal immigration has roiled the state's politics -- and Hispanic voters, in particular.

Arizona's reliably Republican designation in the national terrain of presidential battlegrounds is being tested this year -- not by President Obama and Mitt Romney -- but by a trio of congressional races that could push presidential candidates as early as 2016 to vie for the rapidly changing Western state.

"One of the lessons that will come out of this election is that Nevada is no longer a battleground and Arizona now is," said Matt Barreto, a University of Washington professor and a co-founder of the non-partisan research firm Latino Decisions, which studies how Hispanics are altering the American political landscape. "It could be a key battleground in 2016."

The evolution would be a rapid turnaround from 2012, where neither Obama nor Romney invested in the state on the belief that Romney would win Arizona's 11 electoral votes. Considering that no Democrat except Bill Clinton in 1996 has won the state since 1952, the two campaigns made a safe bet.

But down-ballot races for two U.S. House seats and an open U.S. Senate seat will test a theory held by Barreto and many national Democratic strategists that Hispanic growth, and the population's alienation from the Republican Party, is making a red state turn purple and fundamentally altering its place in national politics if Democrats outperform on Election Day.

"We're on the march in terms of what our demographics look like, but Republicans have also given us opportunities," said Andy Barr, spokesman for Democratic Senate candidate Richard Carmona, who has turned the Senate race against Republican Rep. Jeff Flake into a nail-biter in the homestretch, in part because of his support among Hispanics, who make up 20% of the state's voters and counting. He will need a significant amount of crossover appeal in a state favored for Romney.

Carmona would be the first Hispanic sent to the U.S. Senate from Arizona, a state which has not sent any Democrat to the U.S. Senate since 1988.

Two swing U.S. House seats are evidence of the state's evolving landscape. A vast northern Arizona district with the highest Native American population of any congressional seat pits former congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick, a Democrat seeking a comeback after losing in the 2010 Tea Party wave, against GOP state Sen. Jonathan Paton. The district is 21% Hispanic and voted 48% for Obama in 2008. The non-partisan Cook Political Report gives Republicans a narrow edge, but the race remains too close to call.

The 9th District, based in east Phoenix and including Tempe and parts of Scottsdale, has Democratic state Sen. Kyrsten Sinema facing off against Vernon Parker, a former president George H.W. Bush aide, in an area that was "once a haven for country club Republican types," according to Cook. The new district, which includes increasingly Hispanic areas like Mesa, would have voted 51% for Obama in 2008.

Arizona's Hispanic voter population grew 72% over the past decade. If current trends continue, Hispanics could make up 24%-26% of the state's electorate in time for the next presidential election.

"I think over the next two or three elections,(Arizona) will become much more competitive," said Jennifer Duffy, an election analyst with Cook, which rates the Senate race as a tossup.

Arizona's controversial crackdown on illegal immigration has roiled the state's politics -- and Hispanic voters, in particular. For example, last November, GOP state Sen. Russell Pearce, viewed as the architect of the state's immigration laws, was the first state legislator in the state's 100-year history to be recalled.

According to Barreto's polling analysis, Obama now leads Arizona's Hispanics 77%-10% over Romney, although he is ...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#9 Nov 17, 2012
I've got an idea, Ambassador. Take your people home and leave this Country and our coffers alone. Try to give your people a reason to develop your own Country and provide for your people. Talk to the Presidente and make plans to ship a few million back to their homes. If you won't, we start taxing all remittenences sent from the US to Mexihell.
Who Knows

Gaithersburg, MD

#10 Nov 18, 2012
Mexican's are pushy aren't they?
Here's what i'm thinking; "lats" made up 10% of the 2012 voters very small still and the way i see it they didn't make or break the election it was just a matter of 50% vs. 49% of the voting public liking the "hip" factor of the incumbent president a little more than Romney, it's unlikely that the dems. or repubs. for that matter will have a candidate that will have this type of effect on people as Obama has.

Therefore the illegals are feeling the pressure to have something done within this administrations 4 year term to have things go firmly in their favor.

There's no guarantee things will not change for the worse when it comes to a potential amnesty if you are an illegal so, they must feel the best chance to get what they want is while Obama is office thus they use the pressure tactics that border on bullyingour lawmakers.
El Cid

Austin, TX

#11 Nov 24, 2012
That is the same buffoon who last year said Illegal Aliens burdening American taxpayers is nothing more than an urban myth.
http://www.examiner.com/article/mexican-ambas...
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#12 Nov 24, 2012
The Saga Continues wrote:
Not only aridzona, but wrexas, too. The resident southern trash will shit themselves.

hahahahahahahahahaha
Pug

Burbank, IL

#13 Nov 27, 2012
Meanwhile in Cicero Illinois:

Joseph S. Gutierrez, 41, 1524 59th Ave., Cicero, was charged with felony aggravated driving with a suspended license and four traffic citations after he allegedly nearly hit a police squad car near Ogden and Ridgeland avenues at 2:18 a.m. Nov. 10, police said.

After pulling Gutierrez over, police discovered his license had been suspended after being convicted of driving under the influence. Gutierrez reportedly had been convicted multiple times of driving on a suspended license as well.

Just a hardworker

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14 Nov 27, 2012
true reform would be reforming those who are not enforcing the laws on the books. mexico has nothing to offer and everything to gain.

the only winner in this thing is mexico and an attack on Americans so the bigwigs can benefit.

this is more of the making of the north American union pushing it under cover just like they did to those poor folks in europe who have nothing but problems do to it.
Pug

Burbank, IL

#17 Nov 29, 2012
Just looking for a better life

24-year-old man was charged with aggravated battery to an officer after a weekend brawl on Division Street that left two men stabbed and another badly beaten.

Eric F. Ybarra, of the 2200 block of North Major Avenue, was charged with resisting a peace officer and aggravated battery to a peace officer. He also had an outstanding warrant, police said.

Early Saturday morning, Ybarra was arrested on the 0-99 block of West Division Street after a police officer tried to break up a fight and he "violently" resisted.

The officer suffered non-life threatening injuries, but two men were stabbed and another was badly beaten, police said.

According to preliminary reports, the fight started on Division Street in front of several bars and spilled over to State Street.

The three injured men were taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital. The two stabbed, ages 31 and 36, were both in critical condition, police said.

The person who was beaten up is the brother of one of the men who was stabbed, police said.

Ybarra was scheduled to appear in bond court this afternoon.
El Rico Notorio

Fullerton, CA

#18 Nov 29, 2012
Just looking for a better life

Today, Jorge has over 150 products under the Rico label with distribution to nearly 60 supermarkets in Utah and Nevada. Jorge showed me an assortment of his chili verde, mango salsa, pico de gallo, tamales, tortillas … the variety is amazing. Also remarkable is how fondly his employees speak of their love of the food they produce and the culture and environment Rico provides.

Rico Owner Knows Beans About Business
http://www.utahstories.com/2008/09/17/rico-ow...
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Nov 30, 2012
Super Evil Sock Puppet wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... a hard worker, with a drinking problem. This applied to millions of Americans also. Apparently these illegals are assimilating very well!!
you really can't face the facts?
doofy

Warrenton, VA

#22 Nov 30, 2012
The Time For Change is NOW! We will ALL be better off under MEXICAN LAW! VIVA LARAZA/OBAMA!
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Nov 30, 2012
doofy wrote:
The Time For Change is NOW! We will ALL be better off under MEXICAN LAW! VIVA LARAZA/OBAMA!
then why did you leave the Mexico in the first place? Oh Yeah because its a piece of shit country. "Better of under Mexican law" idiot. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Females become nurses just to leer at nude male... 4 hr Lot of Surgeries 9
Pure White Mobile Dialer +8801744778810 Low rat... (Jun '14) 14 hr Rizzo 2
Jimmy Merle Vañater A.K.A. James or ltaly Sat Henu 2
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Sat drdee 1,948
Powerful Lobbying firm to host fundraiser for L... Fri Henu 7
Topix General Curioisty Fri Suns 3
black hook up Fri dillysky 1
Scottsdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web