Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Comments
2,081 - 2,100 of 7,234 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2014
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
LG, Time to sign off & sleep :)
Godspeed
Thank you for sharing the word...Catholics tend to overpray and ask for everything, at different times questioned it, still do to a degree...but now, believe more in asking for holy grace and protection from temptation...granted, not wise to pray for material stuff, like a new car...lol

Most Christian, I believe are taught to non reherse prayers, othe than the Lords Prayer....Catholics reherse, but what brings more solace for many of us steeped in tradition, the the Hail Mary.

I understand that Jews pray for wisdom and guidance.

I also enjoy Asian thought.

Proper Thought
Proper Speech
Proper Action

Buddha

Obvious from my Posts that I do not always adhere,
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

So now it's Goodmornking GD:)

Since I was just on the subject matter of religous practices and rituals, even amulets or perceived holy objects people carry .. early on in my former career I was involved in a OIS (Shooting) a miracle I got out alive ... my Mother had had just the week given me a religous medal to wear, something like a scapula, did not wear it around my neck, but had it tucked in my wallet.

There is something protective regarding the Mormon practices ... took some if it from the Cahtolic traditiion .. adhering to the doctrines will keep young people out of a lot of trouble.

I enjoy observing, Jews with the yamaka I beleive synbolizes that God is above us. Even Buddhst monks, in simple robes, have a small medallon and the red twine around the wrist.

JA wanted to be Good, so did TA. This was an age old human tragedy played out on the stage of life
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

RamblingRose253 wrote:
<quoted text>
Has not received and probably is still not receiving the psychological help she needs. I wonder if she thinks she needs it?
Samuels was made to look very badly today (almost like a repeat offender who does not learn). I feel like out of mercy, get him off the stand. I think Martinez has more than shown Samuels' lack of credibility, not to mention his whole assessment and diagnosis of Arias are based on lies. It will be very interesting to see what questions the jurors will ask, if any.
He was humanistic...may resonate with jurors who are sympathetic.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Another Poster wrote:
Martinez questioning of Samuels about the book he gave to Jodi, and the implication that he was a overstepping ethical boundaries, opened the door for Samuels to testify that at the time he gave Jodi the book, she was suicidal.
I wonder if other psychological evaluations were conducted to assess Jodi's mental health besides the ones that were performed by Dr. Samuels and the prosecutor's rebuttal expert witness, Dr. Janeen Demarte.
It is very apparent that Jodi has not received psychological counseling in spite of the fact that everyone knows that she has deep underlying psychological problems that need to be addressed.
Will be interesting when Dr Janeen Demarte, the prosecutors hired gun, is taken on cross by JA defense team. She will have to admit to factors in favor of JA, regardless of her anti JA spin. She will also be treated in a profesional manner, which will further illustrate mean natured ego driven, win at all costs, Martinez.

Martinez is being lauded on his cross, spent way too much time and theatrics out of Dr Samuels jaywalking infractions with the board and his use of No 2 pencils...lol...many jurors just may have used those pencils for automatic scoring...also, Martinez, solidified that JA was fragile, thus bolsters reaction to the abuse history

More apparent than ever, that this is a basic non enhanced Manslaughter case.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>Today I read a post where the person suggested that the cut to the throat could not have been done by a 5inch blade. There was an incident at court when JM was going to show Lisa the damage done and the video is on youtube and it shows an extended view of the damage. I have to agree. I have seen some videos of middle eastern executions with long swords and it takes several long swings to chop off someone's head. eg Daniel Pearl's beheading. I don't believe it is possible to do that damage to Travis neck with such a short blade. One would expect a sawing motion and evidence in the damage to the tissue. There was a discussion about blood atonement. That is exactly what they do. Travis had been with Jodi, Lisa, Deanna,? Ashley. If he is doing this religious prayer then perhaps people thought he was too far down the wrong track. It made me wonder if the Ninjas were the true story. How could Jodi have smuggled in such a big knife? Something like a sword or a machette.
Like the renown Dr Henry Lee stated in the OJ trial as to the forensics and official findings. OJ though, was very strong and agile, not the case with JA.

"Something not right here" .. Dr Henry Lee
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

If TA was stabbed first, not premeditation, unless she was homicidal and suicidal. knowing she would have never got out alive.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing the word...Catholics tend to overpray and ask for everything, at different times questioned it, still do to a degree...but now, believe more in asking for holy grace and protection from temptation...granted, not wise to pray for material stuff, like a new car...lol
Most Christian, I believe are taught to non reherse prayers, othe than the Lords Prayer....Catholics reherse, but what brings more solace for many of us steeped in tradition, the the Hail Mary.
I understand that Jews pray for wisdom and guidance.
I also enjoy Asian thought.
Proper Thought
Proper Speech
Proper Action
Buddha
Obvious from my Posts that I do not always adhere,
:) Regarding asking God for help: requesting a car may find you w/a bus pass :)
agree, I could be a better Christian at times, probably many times :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
So now it's Goodmornking GD:)
Since I was just on the subject matter of religous practices and rituals, even amulets or perceived holy objects people carry .. early on in my former career I was involved in a OIS (Shooting) a miracle I got out alive ... my Mother had had just the week given me a religous medal to wear, something like a scapula, did not wear it around my neck, but had it tucked in my wallet.
There is something protective regarding the Mormon practices ... took some if it from the Cahtolic traditiion .. adhering to the doctrines will keep young people out of a lot of trouble.
I enjoy observing, Jews with the yamaka I beleive synbolizes that God is above us. Even Buddhst monks, in simple robes, have a small medallon and the red twine around the wrist.
JA wanted to be Good, so did TA. This was an age old human tragedy played out on the stage of life
An Amazing gift she gave you. God bless your Mother. I love the Jews, and I feel good seeing their temples. We should be supporting Israel w/honor.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
If TA was stabbed first, not premeditation, unless she was homicidal and suicidal. knowing she would have never got out alive.
I think she would have to be an idiot to take on a big guy like TA w/a knife. Who takes a knife to a fight, when you know where to get a gun? Where is Dr. Lee when you need him?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the renown Dr Henry Lee stated in the OJ trial as to the forensics and official findings. OJ though, was very strong and agile, not the case with JA.
"Something not right here" .. Dr Henry Lee
I thought I might like Forensics, until my friend and I were in the Sac State library one day and I looked at a pictorial book on it. Ok, really not for me... I used to look at my Dad's medical books, and I completed pre-Nursing courses (while I was working and decided to stay w/my co.), so the medical side of it and the science was interesting, but the reality of what happens was upsetting to me. I have a great deal of respect for people who are drawn to help in those professions.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

TA had a proxy web link to surf the net, hence no pics found on the computer....
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

He could have also had a dvd, right? Those images wouldn't be retrieved.
As to the missing images on the computer, "not germaine", Dr. Samuels. I like his calm stlyle. JM is oo control.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

She really put this doc out on a limb w/all the stories....what a mess.
Another Poster

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
He could have also had a dvd, right? Those images wouldn't be retrieved.
As to the missing images on the computer, "not germaine", Dr. Samuels. I like his calm stlyle. JM is oo control.
Martinez treats every witness as a hostile witness and this might not bode well with the jury, his style is over the top, extremely aggressive and abrasive.

While some people might interpret his loud tone of voice and repetitive questions as "going in for the kill", he might be alienating the jury.
Another Poster

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
Yes, she told him many stories (and many lies) but it plays well into his assertion of an alternative reality as a defense mechanism.
One big mess of lies

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
Yes it is one big mess of blood and lies. Pre meditated murder is the charge and the jury will convict. The so called stories you are referring to are called LIES. Wake up you floozie.

Juan Martinez is eating up Dr.Samuels for breakfast,lunch and soon to be dinner.

Now go crawl back in your hole and have a good day living in denial.
One big mess of lies

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

What in the world do you expect a prosecutor to do,,WHISPER,speak softly,be passive rather than aggressive . Its hardball all the way all day. A man was slaughtered and a pathological liar woman "Monster" is facing death.

How exactly is JM alienating the jury? You have made the utter most ridiculous pointless observation. Whether the jury likes his Style OR not,, facts are facts and the evidence will be all there for the jury to make a decision.

One big mess of lies

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Wow ,, Juan Martinez has Dr.Samuels sweating bullets . The best part is when the judge says overruled to the defense objections.
Another Poster

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

The best part is when the judge instructed Martinez to allow the witness to finish his answer, it has happened four times since yesterday.

Martinez's tactic to confuse the witnesses by cutting them off in the middle of a sentence has not gone unnoticed.

He doesn't want the jury to heard the witness' answers, he wants the jurors to perceive the witness' frustration as avoidance, evasive or reluctance to answer the question, thus implying that the witness is lying, the witness is inept or incompetent.

Martinez' antics and theatrics are not about "the truth", his mindset and bully attitude is about winning a conviction at any cost.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

One big mess of lies wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is one big mess of blood and lies. Pre meditated murder is the charge and the jury will convict. The so called stories you are referring to are called LIES. Wake up you floozie.
Juan Martinez is eating up Dr.Samuels for breakfast,lunch and soon to be dinner.
Now go crawl back in your hole and have a good day living in denial.
I detect jealousy and obsession w/me. Please seek therapy for troll behavior.
fyi: you can lower your blood pressure maybe 20 metrics, by just ignoring other people who you find irritating :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Scottsdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Scottsdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Scottsdale News, Events & Info