City Data forum sucks!!!

Posted in the Scottsdale Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 27, 2010
Have you ever been a member of this site or are you currently?
This site is trash. I joined a few months ago and really thought it was cool until I realized how much favoritism the moderators have. I gave an honest opinion about a city on the City vs City board and I got an infraction for "starting a fight" and "insulting" I also got infractions for calling someone a troll who was being a troll! I hate how some posters can get away with name calling and others can't. All the city/state forums are a big mess. People come in with only a few posts and just start bashing the city etirely and the people that live there. I hate how there are "star parties" for whenever people get stars. Finally, I hate how certain cities are overly praised(San Francisco, New York City, Seattle), and how other cities are constantly bashed (Los Angeles, Phoenix, Miami, Las Vegas) I have not been banned from this site as of yet, but I am done with that site. The site seems to be filled with 40+ year olds who sit on there a*ses all day and just bash entire. cities and regions. what are your experiences with the site?
Remy

New York, NY

#2 Aug 27, 2010
Well, I must admit I am 40 plus, but have been banned for speaking my mind about certain political issues. It seems if you disagree with the popular opinion you receive an infraction.
There is a lot of president bashing but it's ok to post about Nazi's and the KKK and post photos of the confederate flag. Most of the people on that forum are cowards who would never voice their opinions in public, therefore they hide behind their puter and bash away.
Ugh! Not my kind of place.

“Proud to be an Aamerican!”

Since: Jun 10

Wherever aardvarks roam...

#3 Aug 27, 2010
Actually, in my opinion, City-Data is one of the best forums on the internet. The moderators are pretty fair, and the people are quite mature and very knowledgable about their cities and states.

I go on there every once in a while, as I am a member on several different sites.

Its hard to say what happened in your case, but you might just want to speak to the moderator in question. If that doesn't meet your expectation, then go to one of the administrators and see if they'll work with your situation, and try to resolve it.

Best of luck!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#4 Aug 27, 2010
Remy wrote:
Well, I must admit I am 40 plus, but have been banned for speaking my mind about certain political issues. It seems if you disagree with the popular opinion you receive an infraction.
There is a lot of president bashing but it's ok to post about Nazi's and the KKK and post photos of the confederate flag. Most of the people on that forum are cowards who would never voice their opinions in public, therefore they hide behind their puter and bash away.
Ugh! Not my kind of place.
exactly! That's how I feel about it too. I mean it's fun but it gets out of hand at times
peke

United States

#5 Aug 27, 2010
inthewest wrote:
Have you ever been a member of this site or are you currently?
This site is trash. I joined a few months ago and really thought it was cool until I realized how much favoritism the moderators have. I gave an honest opinion about a city on the City vs City board and I got an infraction for "starting a fight" and "insulting" I also got infractions for calling someone a troll who was being a troll! I hate how some posters can get away with name calling and others can't. All the city/state forums are a big mess. People come in with only a few posts and just start bashing the city etirely and the people that live there. I hate how there are "star parties" for whenever people get stars. Finally, I hate how certain cities are overly praised(San Francisco, New York City, Seattle), and how other cities are constantly bashed (Los Angeles, Phoenix, Miami, Las Vegas) I have not been banned from this site as of yet, but I am done with that site. The site seems to be filled with 40+ year olds who sit on there a*ses all day and just bash entire. cities and regions. what are your experiences with the site?
You just figured this out about City Data??
I did away with them two years ago and posted their true nature all over. Do the same, blight them on the internet. Back then, a foreigner group of Polish bought them. Of all things!
Steve

Waterville, ME

#6 Aug 28, 2010
I just got a warning for trolling I started a thread titled OMG look at the racists. In refence to to Glenn Becks rally in DC THe Mod said I was enflaming and trolling. In truth I was using satire
So to hell with city data I was a member since 2006

Location hidden

#7 Aug 28, 2010
Steve wrote:
I just got a warning for trolling I started a thread titled OMG look at the racists. In refence to to Glenn Becks rally in DC THe Mod said I was enflaming and trolling. In truth I was using satire
So to hell with city data I was a member since 2006
Yup, they are exremely right leaning and won't take a liberal point of view at all

Location hidden

#9 Sep 3, 2010
How do you get by a Permaban?
City data forum sucks

Hammond, IN

#11 Sep 25, 2010
inthewest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, they are exremely right leaning and won't take a liberal point of view at all
The worst offender is the moderator who goes by the name of Yac. I wonder if that is a reference to some Nordic god
Bellringer

Tucson, AZ

#15 Nov 5, 2010
Oh no!

A Yak is a long-haired bovine found throughout the Himalayan region of south Central Asia, the Tibetan Plateau and as far north as Mongolia and Russia.

He's just one of the herd.
Bellringer

Tucson, AZ

#16 Nov 5, 2010
Or

Stop the car! I think I'm going to Yac.
Tricky

Moorestown, NJ

#17 Nov 10, 2010
Bellringer wrote:
Oh no!
A Yak is a long-haired bovine found throughout the Himalayan region of south Central Asia, the Tibetan Plateau and as far north as Mongolia and Russia.
He's just one of the herd.
That is Yak, not Yac.

“Real Men Live in Arizona!”

Since: Oct 10

Arizona

#18 Nov 10, 2010
Hey, everyone. Finally discovered CityData!

What a great site. Thanks to all who recommended CityData, as I'm enjoying it immensely!
Bellringer

Tucson, AZ

#19 Nov 10, 2010
Hey Tricky! Actually it's YACK. Are you a one of his herd?
Bellringer

Tucson, AZ

#20 Nov 10, 2010
Colt Carson wrote:
Hey, everyone. Finally discovered CityData!
What a great site. Thanks to all who recommended CityData, as I'm enjoying it immensely!
Yeah right! Finally discovered it?

Colt Carson...I guess you forgot(are getting senile?) when you were ZonyPony. I knew you would rear your ugly head again. How much does City-Data pay you to be a fanboy for City-Data, Tucson, Prescott, Aridzona, etc., etc., etc. Do you get paid per post, or per identity. If it's by identity, you must be rich by now.
Bellringer

Tucson, AZ

#21 Nov 10, 2010
Add Phoenix to the above list.
Bellringer

Tucson, AZ

#22 Nov 10, 2010
Colt Carson (aka ZonyPony) you are a phony arse. You accuse others of having multiple identities, because that's what you are all about.

You, along with many of the moderators and long term posters, are some of the biggest trolls on the net.

Giddy up Colt Carson, ZonyPhonyBaloney, or whatever else you are calling yourself today.
Bellringer

Tucson, AZ

#23 Nov 14, 2010
ZonyPony, Colt, "The Pie."

lol;)
Bellringer

Tucson, AZ

#24 Nov 14, 2010
I forgot one.

FIREHORSE

I'm sure there are many others where those came from.

Bwahaha!
phony baloney

Tucson, AZ

#25 Nov 15, 2010
i dont know why you dont like me.i am a verynice persun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frito lay makes rainbow chips in support of gay... 9 hr guest 5
News Johanna Botta of Real World Austin at the 2008 ... (Feb '08) 17 hr Luis Echecopar Rey 219
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Thu chuckles 921
Goodwill of Central Arizona Ceo makes $432,684 ... (Mar '15) Thu Nancy 11
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Thu Norman VN 1
News Ask Ken: 'Cheyenne' star Clint Walker still sta... (Feb '11) Jul 23 truth 11
News Methodists elect 1st openly gay bishop in defia... Jul 16 Mitt s Baptism of... 3

Scottsdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsdale Mortgages