Comments
1 - 20 of 131 Comments Last updated Dec 24, 2013
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
justvisitin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

While visiting Scottsburg I became ill and was take to Scott Mem. I was treated like acriminal and went home with antacids. Later that evening I had to stop on my way home to visit ER in New Albany,there I was treated for a very serious illness which should have been picked up on in Scottsburg. I dont know whats going on in Scottsburg but it needs to be addressed. Its been my experience that the people in Scottsburg are good people and deserve better! Later I learned that because of the drug problem in that county its not uncommon to be treated in this manner . thats a dangerous policy and poor medicine. I'll never completely recover from the illness that I now suffer from ,but I'll tell you one thing I'd never return for avisit unless I was assured that I wouldn't have to seek medical attention there again!!You are good people and deserve better!!Who is in control of your health care? You,your Dr.,or local law officers? How does this happen in the USA ???Who says we don't need healthcare reform or something!!!Take back control of your own health who else will?
The truth

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

justvisitin wrote:
While visiting Scottsburg I became ill and was take to Scott Mem. I was treated like acriminal and went home with antacids. Later that evening I had to stop on my way home to visit ER in New Albany,there I was treated for a very serious illness which should have been picked up on in Scottsburg. I dont know whats going on in Scottsburg but it needs to be addressed. Its been my experience that the people in Scottsburg are good people and deserve better! Later I learned that because of the drug problem in that county its not uncommon to be treated in this manner . thats a dangerous policy and poor medicine. I'll never completely recover from the illness that I now suffer from ,but I'll tell you one thing I'd never return for avisit unless I was assured that I wouldn't have to seek medical attention there again!!You are good people and deserve better!!Who is in control of your health care? You,your Dr.,or local law officers? How does this happen in the USA ???Who says we don't need healthcare reform or something!!!Take back control of your own health who else will?
Because of wonderful Scott Memorial, I had a very serious stomach bacteria called Helicobacter Pylori that went undetected for over a month. All they wanted to do was cover up my symptoms and not find out what was causing it. And I will have to deal with the effects of this for the rest of my life. Thank goodness I found a doctor in this pathetic town that actually cared enough to dig deeper. Thanks Dr. Alrefai.
band-aid station

Lexington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 7, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

At least someone checked you out. The last time I went there it was for severe pain in my side and back. I felt like I was dying and I picked up the ER phone and told them my problem and they said take a seat there are several ppl in front of me. I looked at the people in the ER and no one seemed in pain or looked very sick to me. I left and went to Jeffersonville(Clark Memorial)where they immediately started working on me. I had a huge kidney stone blocking my ureter it's very painful to say the least. I will never go back to Scott County again...EVER!!!
Was there in Dec 2010

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

3

I have to agree regarding the comment that it's a band-aid hospital. I've lived in bigger cities with high tech doctors who act ASAP to ER visits. No waiting around crap like Scottsburg. Well anyway, I was there in Dec with a deep laceration and was bleeding. I was told to sit in the waiting room. Good thing I had first aid and first response training and held pressure to the wound. I also asked them for ice pack to keep swelling down. Well I was dizzy and it was from losing blood. But, do you think THEY even gave a crap??? If someone is feeling that way you bring them back to STOP the bleeding ASAP!!! Not let them wait 90 min. Geez I saw there were ONLY 2 other patients at that time. ONLY 2!!!!! So WTF was the deal in making me wait?? I almost was about to get up and drive myself somewhere else, but since I was feeling like passing out I didn't want to be on the roads driving like that. At least I had consideration. The Dr. was good once I finally got to see him. I was there 5 freakin hrs!!!! I shouldn't have had to wait that long. These people move SLOWER than a snail and turtle combined. Things need to be evaluated here. It's dangerous to the community.

And, if there are any hospital workers reading this you know it's true. I timed my visit there. And, I observed all that went on. So, when I get my little survey in the mail guess what?? Hello!! I'm putting down all that happened. Not that I think it will really be heard, but I'm still putting it down.

This hospital needs some serious upgrading on ER speed. This might be small town, but that don't mean sit on your AZZ and move slower than a snail. Lives are at stake. I hope they get sued big time.
Bad Diagnosis

Scottsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well they Misdiagnosed my appendix. I nearly lost my life because of them and their staff have been RUDE at times as well
Bad Diagnosis

Scottsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

ps my father went in there back in Aug of 2010 nearly died. he was having a problem with his blood pressure. His blood pressure kept going lower and lower and lower. I remember he was also in a lot of pain screaming pain. One of the nurses told him he had to be quiet because there were other patients in the er.

oh ya have a heart attack and sit there and be quiet while the doctors are doing nothing. oh an ekg. woopee doo. Meanwhile his BP is going lower and lower while he is begging and pleading for the doctor to do something. He needed a drug called Dopamine. Dopamine brings up your blood pressure when it's crashing. But they Waited too long till he was Clinically Dead.

finally once his bp was down to like 30 over 16 then he turned blue. His heart stopped beating. they decided to act.

this was about 90 mins into the er visit. they called CODE BLUE at least Twice on him.

He ended up being transferred to Clarke CO Hospital.. and of course Scott memorial Lied they told Clark he was Refusing treatment. when he was not.

I hope someone sues that place!
agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 25, 2011
 
Bad Diagnosis wrote:
ps my father went in there back in Aug of 2010 nearly died. he was having a problem with his blood pressure. His blood pressure kept going lower and lower and lower. I remember he was also in a lot of pain screaming pain. One of the nurses told him he had to be quiet because there were other patients in the er.
oh ya have a heart attack and sit there and be quiet while the doctors are doing nothing. oh an ekg. woopee doo. Meanwhile his BP is going lower and lower while he is begging and pleading for the doctor to do something. He needed a drug called Dopamine. Dopamine brings up your blood pressure when it's crashing. But they Waited too long till he was Clinically Dead.
finally once his bp was down to like 30 over 16 then he turned blue. His heart stopped beating. they decided to act.
this was about 90 mins into the er visit. they called CODE BLUE at least Twice on him.
He ended up being transferred to Clarke CO Hospital.. and of course Scott memorial Lied they told Clark he was Refusing treatment. when he was not.
I hope someone sues that place!
I have to agree w everything thats been said..I have had several of the same experiences and now I go there for NOTHING !!! and that so called recptionist..she is about the most rude person I have ever met. she knows nothing about being curtious! my last visit I was in severe pain and had to wait 3 hrs before being seen Like the other person I could not drive myself somewhere else! I will never visit scott county again. there is another topic on here somewhere about the scott county hospital.
Write a Report

Scottsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

agree wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree w everything thats been said..I have had several of the same experiences and now I go there for NOTHING !!! and that so called recptionist..she is about the most rude person I have ever met. she knows nothing about being curtious! my last visit I was in severe pain and had to wait 3 hrs before being seen Like the other person I could not drive myself somewhere else! I will never visit scott county again. there is another topic on here somewhere about the scott county hospital.
My advice to everyone here is to go to www.ripoffreport.com
then Register.
then write your experiences on there. Write a rip off report. also try to include all Facts no opinions. just the facts. and names of doctors and or nurses and tell how you were treated. be precise
give exact details or as close as possible to exact details.

also try writing a letter to the state medical board and the better business bureau as well. who knows it may save a life.
BeenThere

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Since when do they have a Nurse Practitioner treating the ER patients that come in? And how liable are they if she makes a wrong diagnosis for a pt? Say, for example, that she reports to a mother that her child has no broken arm, but when taken to another hospital for another opinion, they find the arm is, in fact, broken? Should these families be forced to pay a bill when the person treating them is not qualified?
jinl

Elmhurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 25, 2011
 
yes i went there with an ear bleeding and was told it was nothing and was sent home that it would stop.
well i went to the seymour hospital and was told that if i hadnt got it stoped i would have had a bad problem and would have bleed out in a cople of hours
tracy lee

Scottsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 2, 2011
 
my friend tracy lee DIED because of scott memorial. he went to the hospital and they sent him home the next morning he was dead.
they sent my sister home, she went to clark, she was having a heart attack.
when i was in high school, a friend went there after a motorcycle accident, they sent him home, he went to another hospital and he had internal bleeding.
it has never been a good place to go
it makes me sick anytime i hear people say good things about them, its not true.
stay away, your life depends on it.
Bad Diagnosis

Scottsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 2, 2011
 

Judged:

1

well I dont trust them at all.. I nearly did die because of them.

my appendix was busted and they said I had a stomach flu.

who the hell sends someone home with Panlor same thing as lortab same thing as percocet Its hydrocodone, for the dam stomach flu?

if you aren't rich or have the best insurance the doctors around here dont seem to care if you live or die.
agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 2, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Bad Diagnosis wrote:
well I dont trust them at all.. I nearly did die because of them.
my appendix was busted and they said I had a stomach flu.
who the hell sends someone home with Panlor same thing as lortab same thing as percocet Its hydrocodone, for the dam stomach flu?
if you aren't rich or have the best insurance the doctors around here dont seem to care if you live or die.
same thing happened to my mom..they sent her home with a script for being nauseaus and would up in clark county and had an emergency sugery. ask any nurse in scott county they will tel you in the last week two (young) people have died because of being miss diagnoised . please DO NOT GO TO SCOTT COUNTY.. if they are honest they will tell you the truth. please I know that we all value those that we love..just dont go there..they do all the tests and blood work correctly but dont tell real diagnoises and right procedures ( meaning sometimes people should stay and be cared for and then they just send them home w an antiobiotic. I wont go into detail .but this happened just a few days ago. My doctor was furious! and I didnt even know until I had a routine visit w my doctor and he revealed to me that it was a serious problem that wasnt even told to me in the er..they just said I had a bug! and it was NOT JUST A BUG> It was serious. and I for one want to know why? I am going to toss this around for a few days and may consider getting a lawyer.( for what good it would do)
Bad Diagnosis

Scottsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 2, 2011
 

Judged:

2

if you get a lawyer, make sure they are out of indianapolis or Closer to Louisville....

write a rip off report on them as well. tell your story to wave 3 news. tell as many people as you can. you may end up saving someones life.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 2, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Can I just say....that the old ladies at the front desk have NO CLUE where anything is. They are no help at all!!!!

C'mon..can't we hire a decent receptionist, instead of a damn graveyard??...Not a good look for a hospital
milk the ins company

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 2, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Around 93 or 94 my brother worked at holms and had good insurance . he rolled a 4-wheeler over on him he fractured 3 vertebra"s in his back . he was taken to scott county hosp .he laid there a week and they hadnt done a thing to him . we finally ask them what are you going to do with him . they called in a specialist and x-rayed him then . they sent him striaght to louisville and operated on him . he had good ins they milked the ins company for a week .and god knows how much longer they would of let him lay there and not done nothing if we hadnt said something to them . if i had something wrong with me i would go to louisville if not clark or floyd county hosp's . if i needed a band-aid i would go to scott county
fyi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 2, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

fyi 47170 wrote:
Can I just say....that the old ladies at the front desk have NO CLUE where anything is. They are no help at all!!!!
C'mon..can't we hire a decent receptionist, instead of a damn graveyard??...Not a good look for a hospital
those little ladies are not hired ..donate thier time for free. they are not receptionists
indianabk

Lexington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 2, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I think the problem is so many people use the ER like it is a doctor's office, and it is not. That explains the long wait times, laziness. The staff is probably rude because 1 in every 4 patients is a drug seeker. It also amazes me that you all seem to have so much medical knowledge and are not doctors. Thirdly, our hospital is here for you to use by choice. I think there have probably been many lives saved there to contrast your stories.
Get a Clue

Scottsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 2, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

indianabk wrote:
I think the problem is so many people use the ER like it is a doctor's office, and it is not. That explains the long wait times, laziness. The staff is probably rude because 1 in every 4 patients is a drug seeker. It also amazes me that you all seem to have so much medical knowledge and are not doctors. Thirdly, our hospital is here for you to use by choice. I think there have probably been many lives saved there to contrast your stories.
Ok so some people do use it as a doctors office and some do mis use it. You can have some medical knowledge with out being a doctor. The problem is Gross Negligence and physicians that don't really know what they are doing nor have the experience to handle a Real emergency.

Since you point out that 1 in 4 people who use the Er are drugg seekers says you work for scott memorial. Thus your point of view on this thread would not be very impartial what so ever. but rather biased in favor of Scott memorial. Otherwise how would you know just which patients were drug seekers and which ones weren't?
gone

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 3, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

dr. crosdale is leaving and that might be good he has no pasion on people no more, been doing it to long, if you dont show people you care its time to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Scottsburg Forum right now

Search the Scottsburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rodriguez brothers and drugs 30 min Haters suck 6
Ayron Brotherhood-Im over it!! 4 hr Again? 2
Antisocial sucks daddy 7 hr uh huh 7
John Corbin is Antisocial 7 hr Foot hold on truth 21
Queensland Austrailia,The UK's crapping ground 12 hr Brian Bixler 4
Brian Bixler-Vote!! 13 hr Dillion 2
andrew b. mckee 13 hr andy mckee 5
•••
•••
•••
Scottsburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Scottsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Scottsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Scottsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Scottsburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••