Anthony Winchester
A-Town Baller

Scottsburg, IN

#1 Jul 22, 2010
So, what does everyone think about Anthony Winchester being named the new Scottsburg Boy's Varsity basketball coach????

Queens Village, NY

#2 Jul 22, 2010
I think Austin fans will resent it in the way Kentucky fans resented Pitino going to Louisville. As a Scottsburg resident, I hope he can put something together here. Unfortunately, standout players seldom become successful coaches. Usually good coaches were benchwarmers who watched, listened, studied the game and learned.
just my thoughts

United States

#3 Jul 24, 2010
I think its a good thing that he was named Varsity coach. I think he will do very well. Give him a chance!
A-Town Baller

Scottsburg, IN

#4 Jul 24, 2010
As an Austin Resident, Austin Graduate who went to games when Anthony and I were in school... I think he will do a GREAT job! Now I'm not going to say we aren't going to enjoy beating Scottsburg this year...
AHS grad

Scottsburg, IN

#5 Jul 24, 2010
I, too, am a graduate of Austin. Granted, it was a long time ago.I don't know anyone who cares too much about Anthony getting the coaching job. I've heard it mentioned once or twice and no real negative OR positive comments. They just said that he had gotten the job. This county really needs to concentrate on producing students who can succeed in business, science, mathematics, etc. and stop the stupid basketball obsession. It is just a sport people and Scott county (the boys anyway)is just not that good at it.When we produce kids that are 6'10" - 7' tall, then we can compete. LOL

Louisville, KY

#6 Jul 25, 2010
I graduated from Austin and I say good for him. Does it really matter that he graduated from Austin, but now works for Scottsburg school system? I don't think it does. Anyone who would hold such a grudge toward him would be ridiculous. Everyone has to work and something as trivial as that shouldn't matter. And if anyone thinks it does needs to find something better to do with their time.
just wondering

United States

#7 Jul 27, 2010
It just don't seem right that Anthony is Scottsburg coach. It is not a step in right direction because if he does good,the first time there is opening at Austin he will be gone and if he sucks then they will have to replace him. Either way he is not the solution.

Whitestone, NY

#8 Jul 27, 2010
I thought he had a pretty good position on the Western Ky coaching staff. Why would he leave a division 1 NCAA job for this? Granted, it was not a head coaching job he had but still??????????
go for it

Lexington, KY

#9 Jul 29, 2010
we support you hope you have a great season, just not agains austin lol. good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonathan Deaton-Dead!!!! 3 hr FYI 8
sending you good karma 18 hr Jesusstar 6
intimidation with a deadly weapon? (Apr '14) 23 hr FYI 125
thank u Tue Jesusstar 11
loose modge Tue hitman56 11
Who Larissa Boyd Tue Kathy 5
Victim Oct 24 Sureal 3

Scottsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance