Review: Family Medical Associates

Review: Family Medical Associates

Posted in the Scottsburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Family Medical Associates

Columbus, IN

#1 Sep 13, 2013
Terrible there were papers that needed to be filled out by a certain time an I told them I needed them an they basically said we are short staff what do you want us to do about. They had plenty of time to do it. But instead they said they didn't have enough help. So I guess the patients have to suffer and when I talk to the office manger she said we had all these patient not enough help but yet again the patient had to suffer and then she didn't want to talk anymore and said I'm not dealing with this and hung up. I never raised my voice once. These are FMLA papers that need to be turned in and everyone that understands that knows they have to been turned in certain amount of days and it is ridiculous that we have to go through that we pay good money to that doctor and it like they don't care one bit about there patients. The patients suffer because they are short staff and rude!!!!
antisocial

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2013
Where is Family Medical Associates?Is this one of the "clinics" in town?
antisocial

United States

#3 Sep 13, 2013
http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/fmla-faqs.htm

See the link.

It states:

(Q) How soon after I request leave does my employer have to request a medical certification of a serious health condition?

Under the regulations, an employer should request medical certification, in most cases, at the time an employee gives notice of the need for leave or within five business days. If the leave is unforeseen, the employer should request medical certification within five days after the leave begins.

An employer may request certification at a later date if he or she has reason to question the appropriateness or duration of the leave.

**So why is your employer MAKING YOU get an FMLA certification?
antisocial

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2013
Do they not believe your claim or is it due process for them but the fact is that its not the clinics fault for being shorthanded and not able to do your certification in the time alloted,it in fact is your employer requiring it for some reason your not saying.

This being so you have no reason for slandering the clinic.

In fact as stated in the FMLAS guidebook at the link I have given it says:

An employer may request certification at a later date if he or she has reason to question the appropriateness or duration of the leave.

So why does your employer have to have it this quick,why havnt you talked to your HR person or the president of your company to give you more time,the time frame is not set in stone.

FMLA is not required for employers with less then 50 employees.
antisocial

United States

#5 Sep 13, 2013
(Q) What and when do I need to tell my employer if I plan to take FMLA leave?

Employees seeking to use FMLA leave are required to provide 30-day advance notice of the need to take FMLA leave when the need is foreseeable and such notice is practicable. If leave is foreseeable less than 30 days in advance, the employee must provide notice as soon as practicable – generally, either the same or next business day. When the need for leave is not foreseeable, the employee must provide notice to the employer as soon as practicable under the facts and circumstances of the particular case. Absent unusual circumstances, employees must comply with the employer’s usual and customary notice and procedural requirements for requesting leave.

Employees must provide sufficient information for an employer to reasonably determine whether the FMLA may apply to the leave request. Depending on the situation, such information may include that the employee is incapacitated due to pregnancy, has been hospitalized overnight, is unable to perform the functions of the job, and/or that the employee or employee’s qualifying family member is under the continuing care of a health care provider.

When an employee seeks leave for a FMLA-qualifying reason for the first time, the employee need not expressly assert FMLA rights or even mention the FMLA. When an employee seeks leave, however, due to a FMLA-qualifying reason for which the employer has previously provided the employee FMLA-protected leave, the employee must specifically reference either the qualifying reason for the leave or the need for FMLA leave.
antisocial

United States

#6 Sep 13, 2013
So you have put down the clinic due to your employer wanting the FMLA cetification to assure your claim is not bogus,the employer really doesnt even need the certification unless its just thier process or they dont believe the employee,this is no reason to slander an under staffed clinic,more goes on behind the counter at those place then you could even think of.You just think they can wave a magic wand and complete a certification that is required by yuor employer only.

I would be rude to you to.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#7 Sep 13, 2013
I will disagree on all your ranting when a close family member was diagnosed with terminal cancer I myself had to take the paper work for the Dr to fill out and turn back in, so if you have not done this personally yourself you should not be a smart ass.
antisocial wrote:
So you have put down the clinic due to your employer wanting the FMLA cetification to assure your claim is not bogus,the employer really doesnt even need the certification unless its just thier process or they dont believe the employee,this is no reason to slander an under staffed clinic,more goes on behind the counter at those place then you could even think of.You just think they can wave a magic wand and complete a certification that is required by yuor employer only.
I would be rude to you to.
in the know

United States

#9 Sep 15, 2013
letsstopthehate wrote:
I will disagree on all your ranting when a close family member was diagnosed with terminal cancer I myself had to take the paper work for the Dr to fill out and turn back in, so if you have not done this personally yourself you should not be a smart ass.
<quoted text>
FMLA papers are required by employers so why didnt your and and employer belive you in the first place?Maybe because you two probabaly pull the sob story all the time or FMLA was your exscuse for not going to work,all anti did was post the link and some of the excerpts in the guidlines so there was no need for you to be an azz.And just how do you know that anti hasnt had to do this?
antisocial

United States

#12 Sep 16, 2013
I don't care who I make mad,everyone should know that by now.That said my whole point was this:

The timeframe that a FMLA cert. has to be turned in is directly controlled by the employer and I bet not one of you has ever asked your employer for more time to have the papers filled out,no you just badmouth and slander a medical office thats understaffed,rude or not,they just told you how it is.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#13 Sep 16, 2013
I shake my head that you can only be so retarded, but hey you re one of scott co finest right!!!! I only told anti like i tell you unless you have first hand experience like you might be able to tell us how a straw is not only used for drinking, not to be an ass about shit!
in the know wrote:
<quoted text>
FMLA papers are required by employers so why didnt your and and employer belive you in the first place?Maybe because you two probabaly pull the sob story all the time or FMLA was your exscuse for not going to work,all anti did was post the link and some of the excerpts in the guidlines so there was no need for you to be an azz.And just how do you know that anti hasnt had to do this?
antisocial

United States

#15 Sep 16, 2013
letsstopthehate wrote:
I shake my head that you can only be so retarded, but hey you re one of scott co finest right!!!! I only told anti like i tell you unless you have first hand experience like you might be able to tell us how a straw is not only used for drinking, not to be an ass about shit!
<quoted text>
Your not being an asz,you have to be able to make a smarter than them retort,you havn't.
antisocial

United States

#16 Sep 16, 2013
letsstopthehate wrote:
I will disagree on all your ranting when a close family member was diagnosed with terminal cancer I myself had to take the paper work for the Dr to fill out and turn back in, so if you have not done this personally yourself you should not be a smart ass.
<quoted text>
I took time off to care for a dying in-law,so yes I've been there and didnt have a problem with getting a FMLA cert.I went to a doctor that had the time and was willing to do it,I didnt depe4nd on an understaffed clinic,try a professional medical office.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#17 Sep 16, 2013
neither did I Anti, are you saying that because its a medical clinic that it is unfit to care for people? Look what you wrote, You are also saying that they are not a worthy place to seek medical care. You make me laugh you try and put people down like they are so stupid and when you are called out you go back on your words, who made you the Emperor of Topix? Do you hold the badge to police here and all people say. I noticed one thing about you if people agree and kiss your ass, then your all about taking up for them but if they disagree you act like you `have a personal vendetta against them....What gives can I find out what is going on in your head? Are you so lonely that this is your only outlet? I am truly wandering if you have anyone in your life that makes you feel good or if trying to lord over the internet is what gets you stiff, please oh please reply...
in the know

United States

#18 Sep 16, 2013
letsstopthehate wrote:
neither did I Anti, are you saying that because its a medical clinic that it is unfit to care for people? Look what you wrote, You are also saying that they are not a worthy place to seek medical care. You make me laugh you try and put people down like they are so stupid and when you are called out you go back on your words, who made you the Emperor of Topix? Do you hold the badge to police here and all people say. I noticed one thing about you if people agree and kiss your ass, then your all about taking up for them but if they disagree you act like you `have a personal vendetta against them....What gives can I find out what is going on in your head? Are you so lonely that this is your only outlet? I am truly wandering if you have anyone in your life that makes you feel good or if trying to lord over the internet is what gets you stiff, please oh please reply...
Do you rant much,the truth hurt that bad,you went to a understaffed clinic and they told you how it is,anti did not go back on any words,he pretty much told you to stop being a dumsh!t.Its not the medical professions problem to fill out your FMLA and its not federaly mandated that you get one,its your employer requesting one so there is no need to slander the clinic and the thread was about the clinic not your jealousy over anti,ramble on.
in the know

United States

#19 Sep 16, 2013
letsstopthehate wrote:
neither did I Anti, are you saying that because its a medical clinic that it is unfit to care for people? Look what you wrote, You are also saying that they are not a worthy place to seek medical care. You make me laugh you try and put people down like they are so stupid and when you are called out you go back on your words, who made you the Emperor of Topix? Do you hold the badge to police here and all people say. I noticed one thing about you if people agree and kiss your ass, then your all about taking up for them but if they disagree you act like you `have a personal vendetta against them....What gives can I find out what is going on in your head? Are you so lonely that this is your only outlet? I am truly wandering if you have anyone in your life that makes you feel good or if trying to lord over the internet is what gets you stiff, please oh please reply...
Try sticking to the thread topic,oh thats right you dont know how,you go off course with your little rambles everytime somebody doesnt agree with you,your screen name says stop the hate but you do nothiong but promote it,somebody said something about getting thier staff from azzwhole-R-US,well you must be the store manager.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#21 Sep 17, 2013
Awwww does someone need a ba-ba lil baby, oh wait I bet your just anti using another screen name.....Btw no baby I am the owner!
in the know wrote:
<quoted text>
Try sticking to the thread topic,oh thats right you dont know how,you go off course with your little rambles everytime somebody doesnt agree with you,your screen name says stop the hate but you do nothiong but promote it,somebody said something about getting thier staff from azzwhole-R-US,well you must be the store manager.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#22 Sep 17, 2013
And you do not know what your talking about, when did I say I visited any clinic ? Maybe you need to learn to read again!
in the know wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you rant much,the truth hurt that bad,you went to a understaffed clinic and they told you how it is,anti did not go back on any words,he pretty much told you to stop being a dumsh!t.Its not the medical professions problem to fill out your FMLA and its not federaly mandated that you get one,its your employer requesting one so there is no need to slander the clinic and the thread was about the clinic not your jealousy over anti,ramble on.
antisocial

United States

#25 Sep 17, 2013
letsstopthehate wrote:
neither did I Anti, are you saying that because its a medical clinic that it is unfit to care for people? Look what you wrote, You are also saying that they are not a worthy place to seek medical care. You make me laugh you try and put people down like they are so stupid and when you are called out you go back on your words, who made you the Emperor of Topix? Do you hold the badge to police here and all people say. I noticed one thing about you if people agree and kiss your ass, then your all about taking up for them but if they disagree you act like you `have a personal vendetta against them....What gives can I find out what is going on in your head? Are you so lonely that this is your only outlet? I am truly wandering if you have anyone in your life that makes you feel good or if trying to lord over the internet is what gets you stiff, please oh please reply...
I never said it was unfit,just understaffed,you just made an ignorant assumption,something I find you very good at,almost king of.I never go back on my word,prove it,if you can,I hold no badge,I lord over only the police blotter(your family and friends are there),people kiss my asz because they want to,those that dont are usually either family or friends of the lowlifes I post about,which are you?I never claimed to be the Emperor of Topix,you just bestowed me with that title,thank you and about feeling good,well when somebody leaves a boderline phychotic rant ending up as a lunatic rambling such as you did and other Topix ranters such as yourself,you all keep me company so I am never lonely and well that makes me feel good when you let your ignoramous show of which you done a great job!Keep up the good work!
justasking

Commiskey, IN

#29 Sep 17, 2013
Your too funny you must not have a life
antisocial wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was unfit,just understaffed,you just made an ignorant assumption,something I find you very good at,almost king of.I never go back on my word,prove it,if you can,I hold no badge,I lord over only the police blotter(your family and friends are there),people kiss my asz because they want to,those that dont are usually either family or friends of the lowlifes I post about,which are you?I never claimed to be the Emperor of Topix,you just bestowed me with that title,thank you and about feeling good,well when somebody leaves a boderline phychotic rant ending up as a lunatic rambling such as you did and other Topix ranters such as yourself,you all keep me company so I am never lonely and well that makes me feel good when you let your ignoramous show of which you done a great job!Keep up the good work!
antisocial

United States

#30 Sep 17, 2013
I have my life and I'm just fine with it,I'm glad to see so many others are concerned with it,I feel blessed,thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curious 6 min HCG 3
advance auto-commercial guy-named justin 3 hr manny e 1
really 4 hr manny e 34
School owner of Blocher 11 hr get over it 51
I'm dumb 11 hr manny e 4
amber brummett and tiffany stamper- 12 hr manny e 8
Ripple Effect Thu sorry 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsburg Mortgages