Next Last
Need one

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2012
Are they ever going to get one?
give it up

United States

#2 Sep 18, 2012
No! They don't need one! We've tried that before and it didn't work! Do you see a lot of football players roaming the halls? All I see are gay boys or crackhead punks!
CHS

Evansville, IN

#3 Sep 18, 2012
Yea plus Charlestown pirates would demolish them (:
well

Scottsburg, IN

#4 Sep 19, 2012
This is a expensive sport to start and I know I dont want my tax dollars wasted on football School money is for education. I remember around 1980 ging to a game and there wasn't prob 30 people in stands. Parents didnt even come
football mom

Shelbyville, KY

#5 Sep 20, 2012
while that is true, 30 years ago there wasn't much interest, you should really try coming to a game now. Our next home game is on the 13th of October at the middle school. Come on out, and tell me all about how the parents are not involved. I will even serve you a nice loaded nacho, with a smile on my face. The Pee Wee team plays at 11:15, and the Juniors play at 12:30.
As for the funding, we have been self sufficient thus far. I don't see "your tax dollars" paying to start up a football team, since we already have one. I wonder if you were upset when "your tax dollars" paid $18,000 to put a signature on a gym floor last year?
football mom

Shelbyville, KY

#6 Sep 20, 2012
and yeah, the Pirates would kill us, but it sure would be fun! Way to go slaying those Dragons, by the way!
Football Mom and fan

Roanoke, IN

#7 Sep 23, 2012
I agree the commnity and kids would all benefit from a football program. This would give the boys that want to play football something to be part of. The marching band a place to preform and prepare for their competitions. The cheerleders more exposure and cheer time. The student body would have a place to hang out and support their classmates. The football games will also provide fundraising for the school and help support the ativites at the school.
If any of you have been in Seymour,Brownstown,Salem, or Charlstown on a Friday night during a game its amazing how many people come out to the games.
My question is why not? What do we have to lose? The school and community have no problem dishing out money for a mediocre basketball team. People show up to games whether they win or lose. People want to get out of the house, support the community,kids, and enjoy affordable entertainment.
GO SCOTTSBUR WARRIORS FOOTBALL!!!!
sportsmom

Vine Grove, KY

#9 Jan 2, 2013
My family and I are thinking to relocate to Scottsburg from Kentucky. Does Scottsburg high school have a football team at all?
football mom

Charlestown, IN

#10 Jan 18, 2013
honestly, no, we don't. We are working on it. Hopefully soon. I heard they were putting a team in the middle school in 2014 for 7th and 8th graders. There is a great feeder system in place already where they can play up to and through the 8th grade.
Football Fan

Carlisle, IN

#11 Jan 18, 2013
I see it being a positive experience that I feel would pay for itself and do much more than what people think. More kids would stay in the school system and they would play multiple sports, which in return help our other sports. More kids would move to our community to play, which also brings in more tax dollars for our city and county. By kids staying and more moving in, this increases the state funding for our school district. Business could sponsor/support and get more exposure/advertising. Kids have a fun place to go on Friday nights, (sorry to offend anyone who finds driving around Circle K fun). I think our graduation rate would go up some due to kids sticking in school to play. With the feeder system already in place, you have equipment to be donated. You have money they could help raise and give to the school system. You already have a nice field at the Middle School. Start with 7th and 8th grade for a year. Then move to a Freshman/JV team for 2 years, getting clearance from IHSAA to allow Seniors to play on JV. Then in the 5th years, start up Varsity. By then, buildings built, equipment is there and you move your coaches up that has been with you for 4 years prior to this.
Not Sure

United States

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Football Fan wrote:
I see it being a positive experience that I feel would pay for itself and do much more than what people think. More kids would stay in the school system and they would play multiple sports, which in return help our other sports. More kids would move to our community to play, which also brings in more tax dollars for our city and county. By kids staying and more moving in, this increases the state funding for our school district. Business could sponsor/support and get more exposure/advertising. Kids have a fun place to go on Friday nights,(sorry to offend anyone who finds driving around Circle K fun). I think our graduation rate would go up some due to kids sticking in school to play. With the feeder system already in place, you have equipment to be donated. You have money they could help raise and give to the school system. You already have a nice field at the Middle School. Start with 7th and 8th grade for a year. Then move to a Freshman/JV team for 2 years, getting clearance from IHSAA to allow Seniors to play on JV. Then in the 5th years, start up Varsity. By then, buildings built, equipment is there and you move your coaches up that has been with you for 4 years prior to this.
I support football but not at the cost of education. Saying football will support itself is a little far fetched, last I heard the school system was loosing money every year on girls and boys basketball.
Football Fan

Carlisle, IN

#13 Jan 19, 2013
Not Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
I support football but not at the cost of education. Saying football will support itself is a little far fetched, last I heard the school system was loosing money every year on girls and boys basketball.
Yes, I have also heard that the basketball teams are losing money, but not by much. There are a lot of other Varsity sports that are paying for themselves.
I agree 100%, you can't support football at the cost of education. But when you have an a league that's willing to give you so much equipment, to front so much of the cost and help pay for uniforms, already have a place to play, really not taking that much. If you knew how much the War Eagles made each Saturday night with concessions and ticket sales, that's a lot of money our school district passed up on.
scottsburg warrior

Louisville, KY

#14 Nov 8, 2013
We have a middle school and we are most likely going to have a high shcool team .
Irate MOM

Jeffersonville, IN

#15 Feb 26, 2014
NO! They just voted it down last night. There are several kids very upset today as well as some very Irate parents!!!!
sportsmom wrote:
My family and I are thinking to relocate to Scottsburg from Kentucky. Does Scottsburg high school have a football team at all?
uncle sam

United States

#16 Feb 26, 2014
Irate MOM wrote:
NO! They just voted it down last night. There are several kids very upset today as well as some very Irate parents!!!!
<quoted text>
I don't want my tax dollars wasted on football. In late 70s early 80s we had a team and it was not supported. Once bitten twice shy...
Wanna No

New Albany, IN

#17 Mar 22, 2014
Are they gonna revote football?
football mom

Charlestown, IN

#18 Mar 24, 2014
They will vote again on April 1, at the school board meeting.
yours truly

Columbus, IN

#19 Apr 15, 2014
Honestly the only students that will make the team are the ones with parents in politics,school board,etc which is just like all the other sports that you have to try out for. The jocks dont need something to do its the kids that are roaming the streets that need something to do. Do you see any of those kids trying out or coming to games? Speaking for the kids from the other side of the tracks I say this wont help our community. Its just another way for those to say they care about the community but they know that this is really for them and their kids. Sad this passed.
its hard work

Crothersville, IN

#20 Apr 15, 2014
yours truly wrote:
Honestly the only students that will make the team are the ones with parents in politics,school board,etc which is just like all the other sports that you have to try out for. The jocks dont need something to do its the kids that are roaming the streets that need something to do. Do you see any of those kids trying out or coming to games? Speaking for the kids from the other side of the tracks I say this wont help our community. Its just another way for those to say they care about the community but they know that this is really for them and their kids. Sad this passed.
damn they voted for it and there you go complaining already, if you think your kids or someone elses kid wants to play, you take the initiative and help them period
football mom

Charlestown, IN

#21 Apr 16, 2014
yours truly, my kid played last year, and is playing again this year. I am not involved in politics or the school board, and we are DEFINITELY from the broke part of town! Over 100 kids signed up to play Junior Varsity for Scottsburg High School. If your son (or daughter) wants to play, all they have to do is sign up. Spring training started this week, and there are no politics involved. I would think if you were gonna start, now would be the time, there is no one in any kind of leadership positions, because it's a BRAND new team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennito Rodriguez,car lot,car junk,BUSTED AGAIN... 13 min becky 13
dad 3 hr lol 4
tornados 3 hr lkz 2
sixty days in? 4 hr lkz 25
School owner of Blocher 4 hr dickster 26
Wondrin 4 hr Lies 5
I 105.3 treasurer hunt (Jul '12) 4 hr lez 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsburg Mortgages