Teachers looked at
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
lol

Lexington, KY

#1 Mar 29, 2014
There has been alot that has gone on at Scottsburg School for over a decade! Back in 1998 they kicked a girl out for marriage to the father fo her baby. However, now there is over a dozen girls and a dozen guys expecting babies before graduation each year or more. Teachers marry former students,(student graduates and in a month they are married). Go to any Univerisity in Indiana and tell them where your from they laugh and most kids that graduate from Scottsburg or Austin need 2 extra years of high school classes before they actually take one college course! I would like to see my tax dollars pay for teachers who actually teach, better sex education, I would like to see boys knowing what their balls can do, before we hand them a basketball; because, it's clear that score and score are being taken as the same meaning!
Its pretty sad, that Scottsburg was reported cheating and lost trophies because their star player from 96-99 was 21 and over! He graduated at the age of 23 got young girls pregnant and teachers thought he was just a great student. I don't blame him, I blame you teachers if he failed, and failed, and failed some more, then teachers you failed to teach him! I want all teachers to be tested, for the state to come down and see what is going on, and help our youth!
Forget Football, Basketball, etc. That ball is going to get your kid no-where! That little piece of paper will, but that paper doesn't mean nothing if they actually didn't deserve to get it!
SHSHeesh

Grissom Afb, IN

#2 Mar 29, 2014
Did you go to school here? What years? Just curious...
lol

Lexington, KY

#3 Mar 30, 2014
http://indianapublicmedia.org/stateimpact/sor...

Scott County School District 1 Austin Elementary School 66.8%
Scott County School District 1 Austin Middle School 58.8%
Scott County School District 2 Johnson Elementary School 57.5%
Scott County School District 2 Lexington Elementary School 75.5%
Scott County School District 2 Scottsburg Middle School 66.6%
Scott County School District 2 Scottsburg Elem School 58.4%
Scott County School District 2 Vienna-Finley Elem Sch 70.5%

That's what I'm curious about! Where are my tax dollars going! This was the result of the ISTEP test! Now if this was factory work if only half the product you was producing was bad that factory worker wold be fired, would they not just curious?

Pg. 52

http://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-health-...
Indiana was ranked 20 out of 50 states for teen pregnancy. I guess playing ball got the boys and girls all hot .

http://www.in.gov/isdh/19607.htm
out of the top 5 counties we are 3, but in 2012 we became number 2! I think we need to start giving out more home work to keep kids at home!
lol

Lexington, KY

#4 Mar 30, 2014
So instead of me is should be those kids shsheesh lol lol lol!

Oh and I could find the web site again, but 67 percent that graduate from scottsburg need 1-2 years of remedation classes before taking 1 college class, and 74% from Austin. That's costing you the parents more money. So, an (AS) takes 4 years, and a (BA) takes 6-years!
Seriously

Lexington, KY

#5 Mar 30, 2014
You seem to be listing facts, but you are extremely good at cherry picking them to tell your myopic opinion.

Let's look at your teen pregnancy rates. I won't deny Scott County has an issue in this department, but I will definitely say they are no where near alone in this category. You realize the links you provided actually show that Indiana is BELOW the national average? Did you see the statistics showing that teen pregnancy has decreased in recent years?

Scott County also happens to be above the national average in percentage of population obtaining a high school degree. You would think that would be a testament to the schools considering Scott County ranks as one of the poorest counties in the state. People here, schools and community members, realize everything starts with a diploma. Statistics seem to reflect that Scott County is making that a priority.

You slam the school corporation, but do you realize that two of SD2's elementary schools are A rated schools?(Lexington, Vienna). Did you know the biggest elementary, Scottsburg, has raised its grade up to a B in recent years primarily thanks to the teachers and new administration? The high school, also thanks to its teachers and influx of new administration, has made sweeping gains. These are all stats you can easily look up on the state's department of education website. Funny you didn't site them in your arguments at all.

I graduated from Scottsburg and went to Indiana University. I not only came to college prepared but took CLEP tests to skip courses most freshman would have had to take. I never saw this bias against Scott County students. In fact, students that had to take remedial classes came from every county you can imagine. There was no distinction between Scott County and other counties.

I did a google search for your alleged 23 year old player. I came back with just one result…your post. Not lost is the irony that your arguments come under the name "lol".

So, obviously you have some sort of back story where you feel this community has slighted you. I'm sure we would all love to hear it. Otherwise, I'll take the cold hard facts that this county is moving in the right direction, and I'll tell the stories that show the truth about the community such as how Scottsburg rallied to help the schools of Henryville after their devastating tornado.
In the know

Celina, OH

#6 Mar 30, 2014
lol wrote:
So instead of me is should be those kids shsheesh lol lol lol!
Oh and I could find the web site again, but 67 percent that graduate from scottsburg need 1-2 years of remedation classes before taking 1 college class, and 74% from Austin. That's costing you the parents more money. So, an (AS) takes 4 years, and a (BA) takes 6-years!
And I would guess that you are part of the problem with drugs, alcohol or theft that is in Scott County. Only someone like you would demean this county and NOT be part of the solution. Why don't you find a place you can fit in and help fix these so called problems that you're griping about. BE HAPPY that your alive and go with it. I'm sorry that whatever happened in your life is causing you so much grief that you have to find an outlet that just so happens to be the corporation that is more than likely trying to help some of YOUR relatives. But if you really don't like this county no one is keeping you here.
SHSheesh

Grissom Afb, IN

#7 Mar 30, 2014
lol wrote:
So instead of me is should be those kids shsheesh lol lol lol!
Oh and I could find the web site again, but 67 percent that graduate from scottsburg need 1-2 years of remedation classes before taking 1 college class, and 74% from Austin. That's costing you the parents more money. So, an (AS) takes 4 years, and a (BA) takes 6-years!
I didn't agree or disagree with you or your facts. I was actually curious if you were someone who had been through school in this town and maybe had graduated during a better time for the school district or had personal experience in the school......I did not graduate from Scottsburg so I do not know if things were always as they are now.

However- THIS is why this website is useless. Almost everyone has a rant or a quick snappy comeback, but nothing to contribute to a discussion or a solution.
lol

Lexington, KY

#8 Mar 31, 2014
My complaint is, when we moved here my kids was three grades ahead of Scott County kids. These children are going to find out that there is a great big world out there! Most kids that graduate from these schools need remedation of a least 2 years before taking 1 college course, or they can only take 12 credits then they struggle thats three to four classes, since most of scott county has either failed college, or never been.

Since I pay for private school because I want my kids to learn to read, not learn to breed. I want my tax dollars to go to where my kids are going, not where I live. Being here, I have realized that doctor, lawyer, and teacher kids make it and know what to expect when they leave home. No wonder scott county is the poorest county in Indiana. Oh and as of diploma wise. if the average is 57% passing for the ISTEP they might be getting, "certificate of completion" which is not a diploma.
lol

Lexington, KY

#9 Mar 31, 2014
I also see you don't list where you got the above average! Everything I looked at we was below average on everything, except teen pregnancy. Oh and on the one you said I cherry picked. 18 out of 100 girls between the ages 15-19 has had 4 or more sexual partners, 23 out of 100 boys the same ages has had 4 or more sexual partners. Now birth rate has gone down, but miscarriages has risen. hmmmmmm what do you think that means.

Paint and a new building does not make a school! Austin got a new school back in 2000, and middle school in Scottsburg got it back in 2005. Still test scores are below average. Scottsburg gives out the most, "Certificate of Completion" not diplomas.
White trash

Owensboro, KY

#10 Mar 31, 2014
Seriously wrote:
You seem to be listing facts, but you are extremely good at cherry picking them to tell your myopic opinion.
Let's look at your teen pregnancy rates. I won't deny Scott County has an issue in this department, but I will definitely say they are no where near alone in this category. You realize the links you provided actually show that Indiana is BELOW the national average? Did you see the statistics showing that teen pregnancy has decreased in recent years?
Scott County also happens to be above the national average in percentage of population obtaining a high school degree. You would think that would be a testament to the schools considering Scott County ranks as one of the poorest counties in the state. People here, schools and community members, realize everything starts with a diploma. Statistics seem to reflect that Scott County is making that a priority.
You slam the school corporation, but do you realize that two of SD2's elementary schools are A rated schools?(Lexington, Vienna). Did you know the biggest elementary, Scottsburg, has raised its grade up to a B in recent years primarily thanks to the teachers and new administration? The high school, also thanks to its teachers and influx of new administration, has made sweeping gains. These are all stats you can easily look up on the state's department of education website. Funny you didn't site them in your arguments at all.
I graduated from Scottsburg and went to Indiana University. I not only came to college prepared but took CLEP tests to skip courses most freshman would have had to take. I never saw this bias against Scott County students. In fact, students that had to take remedial classes came from every county you can imagine. There was no distinction between Scott County and other counties.
I did a google search for your alleged 23 year old player. I came back with just one result…your post. Not lost is the irony that your arguments come under the name "lol".
So, obviously you have some sort of back story where you feel this community has slighted you. I'm sure we would all love to hear it. Otherwise, I'll take the cold hard facts that this county is moving in the right direction, and I'll tell the stories that show the truth about the community such as how Scottsburg rallied to help the schools of Henryville after their devastating tornado.
Fact, Scott county is #1 in the state as being the worst county in the state let's hear it for the teachers and our leaders.
Ignorance

Celina, OH

#11 Mar 31, 2014
lol wrote:
My complaint is, when we moved here my kids was three grades ahead of Scott County kids. These children are going to find out that there is a great big world out there! Most kids that graduate from these schools need remedation of a least 2 years before taking 1 college course, or they can only take 12 credits then they struggle thats three to four classes, since most of scott county has either failed college, or never been.
Since I pay for private school because I want my kids to learn to read, not learn to breed. I want my tax dollars to go to where my kids are going, not where I live. Being here, I have realized that doctor, lawyer, and teacher kids make it and know what to expect when they leave home. No wonder scott county is the poorest county in Indiana. Oh and as of diploma wise. if the average is 57% passing for the ISTEP they might be getting, "certificate of completion" which is not a diploma.
You are very misinformed. I know for a fact that this county has many nurses in it, you can check the Ind. nursing board for that factual information. By the way, to be a nurse you have to have a college degree which means you cannot fail college and you have to pass a nursing exam after graduating college. This county also has graduates in the engineering, legal, education, business field and more all which require college degrees meaning you cannot fail the college. You don't have to flaunt your money paying for private school to get your child a good education as there are many private school students that cant pass public schools also.I know of someone who coached basketball at a private school in New Albany and had students flunking off the team quite often as they had to check grades on a weekly basis because grades were so unstable I'm guessing.
lol

Lexington, KY

#12 Apr 1, 2014
I bet that if our tax dollars went to where we send our students, teachers would start teaching. Oh and I bet that those nurses, had mom or dad as a nurse, teachers in Scottsburg and Austin pass from one generation to another. McGothin, Bagwell, Owens, Bowling, Lizenby, Anderson. This shouldn't be a family ordeal of lets keep the poor people poor and only send our kids to school ignorance lol lol lol.
Ignorance

Oxford, OH

#13 Apr 1, 2014
lol wrote:
I bet that if our tax dollars went to where we send our students, teachers would start teaching. Oh and I bet that those nurses, had mom or dad as a nurse, teachers in Scottsburg and Austin pass from one generation to another. McGothin, Bagwell, Owens, Bowling, Lizenby, Anderson. This shouldn't be a family ordeal of lets keep the poor people poor and only s
end our kids to school ignorance lol lol lol.
Like I said you are very misinformed. IHardly any of the people that I know in those fields had parents in the same field. In fact if you ask around most people go to college in this area so they can become something because they had little growing up. We Scott County citizens as a whole want to improve our county and our citizens.to avoid people of your attitude.
Just me

North Vernon, IN

#14 Apr 1, 2014
lol wrote:
So instead of me is should be those kids shsheesh lol lol lol!
Oh and I could find the web site again, but 67 percent that graduate from scottsburg need 1-2 years of remedation classes before taking 1 college class, and 74% from Austin. That's costing you the parents more money. So, an (AS) takes 4 years, and a (BA) takes 6-years!
Pell Grant!!!! No money need only time!
lol

Lexington, KY

#15 Apr 1, 2014
Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said you are very misinformed. IHardly any of the people that I know in those fields had parents in the same field. In fact if you ask around most people go to college in this area so they can become something because they had little growing up. We Scott County citizens as a whole want to improve our county and our citizens.to avoid people of your attitude.
Like I said McGlothin, Bagwell, Owens, Lizenby, Anderson, each new young person that teaches now had a parent that teaches or use to teach. We you mean the good old boys. My attitude comes from 714 dollars goes to a school that is only cares about sports and not education. We pay them to teach, I actually wonder how many teachers could pass a test to keep teaching if it wasn't for the union.
lol

Lexington, KY

#16 Apr 1, 2014
Lowest graduation, highest certificate of completion. Need to pass the ISTEP in order to graduate.#2 in teen pregnancy 137 teenagers between Austin and Scottsburg 15-17 expecting a baby, use to have highest paid officials in Indiana until the state put a cap on it, poorest county (however, pays the highest taxes). I pay 714 dollars to a school in taxes that is too stupid to teach, like you said this is a poor county. I can afford to send my children to private school; however, alot can't. I would like to see my money go to my children's tution to the school I send them, and not to the school with teachers who don't teach nothing. This is Scott County's schools grading system: 100-90 A, 89-80 B, 79-70 C, 69-60 D, BELOW 59 "F"!

Out of 9 school's high school on down. A total of 900 points we got 497.4. Which is 55.267 percent rate can pass the ISTEP misinformed we failed. It's time we start making teachers answer for failing. That's the grade! How can our children better themselves if we don't bring in better teachers to get us out of the, "F" range? This is how we are the highest in everything negative, we need to change!
lol

Lexington, KY

#18 Apr 2, 2014
Actually teacher you need to start doing your job! Because, it's clear your teaching breeding and not reading. lol lol lol lol
lol

Lexington, KY

#19 Apr 2, 2014
oh and that number also includes young father's expecting it didnt say girls. understand teacher your probably too stupid to teach it takes two, to make a baby. lol lol lol
Get your facts straight

United States

#20 Apr 2, 2014
Current school grades for SCSD2:
VFES- A
LES- A
SES- B
SMS- B
SHS- C
JES- C
Lowest school GPA is 2.75. That's not too shabby
lol

Lexington, KY

#21 Apr 3, 2014
Really all information comes from the state, not from teachers lying and giving out grades to children that don't deserve it. It's strange that kids that are suppose to be able to read, can't pass the ISTEP. Still need that dang test in order to graduate, more certificate of completion pass out than diplomas. Get off you fat azz teacher and actually earn your pay check.

Can't disprove the State web-site can you lol lol lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moose 2324 38 min dantheman 21
Benjy Stotts Is Scum Who Should Never Get Out ... 6 hr Really 58
Sierra n Kevin Slayers split 7 hr WTF 28
News Grandfather of Indiana teen found dead near hik... Fri laurieanna 139
Any Gay Hookers Thu Rita 5
Officer John Smith Wed Low tolerance for BS 4
coty bowen (Feb '12) Aug 16 Ford Truck Lord 11

Scottsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsburg Mortgages