Henryville Forestry Murders

Henryville Forestry Murders

Posted in the Scottsburg Forum

Who did it

Seymour, IN

#1 Nov 20, 2010
Anyone remember the murders in henryville forestry? I think they were around 1978 or 1979. There was alot of talk about who was involved and I know they opened the case back several years later, but never did charge anyone. Wonder what ever happened to that case
SWJ

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Nov 20, 2010
I rememeber hereing about them thought there was some rumors involving people here
fortune teller

Scottsburg, IN

#3 Nov 20, 2010
Both the Jewel brothers were rumored to be involved as I recall. Just rumors though, no proof.
Who did it

Seymour, IN

#4 Nov 20, 2010
I remember hearing The Jewells and the dr from Henryville's son was also to be rumored to be involved. I also remember my mom making me and my sister come in before dark because she was worried Stuff like that had never happen around here.
I SEE

Louisville, KY

#5 Nov 20, 2010
I heard one rumor that at the time this happened is the same time that Jeffrey Dolmer was in the area.
when

Lexington, KY

#6 Jan 19, 2011
I have never heard anything about murders in the forestry. Is this true?
YES

Seymour, IN

#7 Jan 19, 2011
It happenend and they were never solved.
Creeptout

Ozone Park, NY

#8 Jan 21, 2011
What Jewell brothers?
i remember

United States

#9 Jan 21, 2011
Who did it wrote:
Anyone remember the murders in henryville forestry? I think they were around 1978 or 1979. There was alot of talk about who was involved and I know they opened the case back several years later, but never did charge anyone. Wonder what ever happened to that case
wasnt there some kind of a reform school for teen age boys and a few of them were murdered ? seems like thats what I remember hearing. but I dont think anyrthing was ever solved.
an idea

Lexington, KY

#10 Jan 21, 2011
i remember wrote:
<quoted text>wasnt there some kind of a reform school for teen age boys and a few of them were murdered ? seems like thats what I remember hearing. but I dont think anyrthing was ever solved.
There was a reform school nearby but the victims were not from there. They were just local teenage boys from the Henryville area. One of the kids that was killed was a Burkett, I believe.

The Jewell brothers that people say were questioned were Mike and Steve.
i remember

Milford, MA

#11 Jan 21, 2011
an idea wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a reform school nearby but the victims were not from there. They were just local teenage boys from the Henryville area. One of the kids that was killed was a Burkett, I believe.
The Jewell brothers that people say were questioned were Mike and Steve.
w dna being what it is today there might still be a chance that might still be solved. someone is responsible fot those deaths and sounds like they got away w it,
i remember 2

Seymour, IN

#12 Jan 23, 2011
Also runored to be involved was DR Carr's son he ran with the Jewells
curious

AOL

#13 Jan 24, 2011
yes it happen i went to school there it was awful i wish they would find out who did it and let those kids rest.
just me

Darby, PA

#14 Mar 5, 2013
Wasnt carr fount hangin n the barn
RLY2006

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15 Mar 5, 2013
If you research the Clark county forrest you will find that there were a great deal of murders out there and in addition there have been a great deal of bodies found there. A friend of mine her brother was killed and found out there many years ago.It was believed to be a place where there was a lot of cult activity at. There are several articles tyou can look up that have been arcived.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jefferys auto 3 hr Dr Scholls 3
fyi-all those trying to be me-thank you 10 hr FYI 4
trump is prez!!!!!!!deal with it losercrats!!! 15 hr FYI 12
Why did the post about scumbags Kim and Darrell... Sun 12345678abcd 2
Cops and snitches Sun Fosure 5
lexington scott county indiana (Sep '14) Jan 18 How stories snowball 37
any info Jan 18 For real 3

Scottsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance