Gering woman accused in Scottsbluff f...

Gering woman accused in Scottsbluff firm's internal theft

There are 33 comments on the KNEB-AM Scottsbluff story from Dec 22, 2008, titled Gering woman accused in Scottsbluff firm's internal theft. In it, KNEB-AM Scottsbluff reports that:

A Gering woman has been released on a $2,500 cash bond after her arrest for the embezzlement of more than $116,000 from Print Express.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNEB-AM Scottsbluff.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anonymous

Warrensburg, MO

#1 Dec 27, 2008
obviously I want to reamin anonymous because I am one of the accused family members. WOW!!! how nice that everyone is so quick to point fingers.Did anyone think to mention the owner penny is corrupt??? She has not paid Jeanette one dime of overtime wages in TEN YEARS!!!! Funny how people will attack someone without a criminal record of doing something that owner obviously deserved, however wrong it may have been. The only reason the owner came forward now is because she was very close to being caught in her gambling and lies and needed to point the blame at someone else. DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE before you write a bunch of lies about someone.
Who is Wrong

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jan 1, 2009
If the woman was arrested, they probably are not lies. If someone is not paying overtime, why stay there? Do you take the law into your own hands? Do you get revenge? I hope you are right that the accused has no criminal record (previously). You were pretty quick in accusing the business owner of several things here. If this is untrue, it could be libel.
Curious

Cottonwood, AZ

#3 Jan 7, 2009
So, exactly how many hours overtime did Jeanette work? Does she have documentation, and did she ever file a complaint? Or, did she just figure that embezzling money from Penny was the better way to go?

Of course you can back up the allegations about Penny's lies. And, are we talking about backroom card games, shady dealings with bookies or is it casino style gambling, using her own money? If I'm not mistaken, that's legal.

Yup, sounds like you're defending the salt of the earth with some mighty serious allegations. Of course, being a family member of the accused wouldn't be a factor in your attack on Penny would it????
GFY

United States

#4 Jan 15, 2009
Jean is a good person regardless of what anyone thinks. This shit cracks me up, you people are so quick to pass judgement upon someone. If she did it, it will have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt and she will have to pay the consequences. And if she didnt, boy dont you feel like an ass. If she did do it, yeah its wrong. But it doesnt make her a bad person. If the people that pass judgement would clean their own door step instead of worry about everyone elses this world would be a much better place
Curious

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Jan 17, 2009
Yeah, maybe somebody else wrote those checks to pay Jean's Capital One credit card bills. And maybe Penny just forgot that she wrote the checks to pay Jean's mortgage.

You're right about one thing, if she did do it, its wrong. But you're wrong about another. If she did do it, it makes her a bad person.
GFY

Scottsbluff, NE

#6 Jan 24, 2009
Yeah you can sit there and be all self rightous, like you have never done anything wrong. Let me guess your a good Christian? Right, like I believe that. No it doesnt make her a bad person, it means she made a bad decision. You can judge all you want. As I said before, if she did do it and is found guilty, she will have to pay the consequences. But for people to pass judgment without knowing the circumstances or reasoning behind it makes you in the wrong. Its funny cause if it was your mother, sister, brother or whoever you would be on their side of the fence defending them. In no way am I related to Jean, but I will defend her because of the way she has treated me. I dont know if she did do it or why if she did, and I really dont give two shits either.
um are you stupid

Jefferson City, MO

#7 Jan 25, 2009
GFY wrote:
Yeah you can sit there and be all self rightous, like you have never done anything wrong. Let me guess your a good Christian? Right, like I believe that. No it doesnt make her a bad person, it means she made a bad decision. You can judge all you want. As I said before, if she did do it and is found guilty, she will have to pay the consequences. But for people to pass judgment without knowing the circumstances or reasoning behind it makes you in the wrong. Its funny cause if it was your mother, sister, brother or whoever you would be on their side of the fence defending them. In no way am I related to Jean, but I will defend her because of the way she has treated me. I dont know if she did do it or why if she did, and I really dont give two shits either.
Well either way it is wrong to do no matter was going on. She is a grown person and knows right from wrong and if she doesn't then she had no business working there. Get over it she was wrong she will probably get a slap on the wrist and go on about her life. Maybe you should do the same.
GFY

Scottsbluff, NE

#8 Jan 25, 2009
See thats the problem with you shit stains. If you would read shit, you would notice I never said that she shouldnt know better nor did I say it was right. And I should do the same what? Your obviously ignorant. Get a life!
Curious

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Feb 2, 2009
GFY wrote:
Yeah you can sit there and be all self rightous, like you have never done anything wrong. Let me guess your a good Christian? Right, like I believe that. No it doesnt make her a bad person, it means she made a bad decision. You can judge all you want. As I said before, if she did do it and is found guilty, she will have to pay the consequences. But for people to pass judgment without knowing the circumstances or reasoning behind it makes you in the wrong. Its funny cause if it was your mother, sister, brother or whoever you would be on their side of the fence defending them. In no way am I related to Jean, but I will defend her because of the way she has treated me. I dont know if she did do it or why if she did, and I really dont give two shits either.
Nice guess. No I am not a Christian. I don't need a religion to be able to tell right from wrong. That goes for my family as well as someone I don't know. Right is right and wrong is wrong. IF, Jean is found guilty, or pleads out, the bottom line is, she stole money from her employer.

How do you call continually paying your personal bills with your employer's money a 'bad decision'? A bad decision is thinking that wiping your butt with sand paper is a good idea. What Jean did is embezzlement. If you can't tell the difference then I guess you should just keep defending your position by calling people 'shit stains'. That seems like a pretty good substitute for an intelligent response.
Dumbfounded

Warrensburg, MO

#10 Feb 5, 2009
GFY: I wouldn't call people ignorant who can actually post to a news website without using profanity, they sound educated, unlike yourself. Also, it sounds to me like everyone defending Penny is very informed on the situation. Apprently they know how to read defecation (in your lack of terms), you do know that Harry S. Truman once said "Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." I believe that statement falls under the "making a bad decision" category. Embezzlement can land you in prison, probably a littler higher up on the screw up meter than kicking a fresh turd on a hot day. Some final food for thought, you might want to make sure you chew your corn next time or your defecation stains may not turn out so well, genius.
GFY

United States

#11 Feb 9, 2009
See there is the difference between myself and the majority of you. I dont come on here to impress anyone. I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinions, to each their own. But, this is what gets me. Regardless of the facts or findings what business is it of yours or anyone elses to JUDGE anyone. In almost every post on here someone is, Jean this - Penny that. Ya know what, personally it isnt any of your business. I have not once said anything about Penny, I dont know the woman, therefore I have no opinion of her. Her business ethics are her business and between her and her employee's. If I choose to defend Jean because I feel as though she is not a bad person, that is my business. Also, I would call people ignorant when its obvious that they see what they want in a post and then continue on to be a keyboard commando and talk trash when I had already stated that if she did do it....ITS NOT RIGHT!
shawnna

Oregon, WI

#12 Mar 24, 2009
um are you stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well either way it is wrong to do no matter was going on. She is a grown person and knows right from wrong and if she doesn't then she had no business working there. Get over it she was wrong she will probably get a slap on the wrist and go on about her life. Maybe you should do the same.
You all may say how wrong she was but you have skeletons in your closet just the same i would put up every cent i have in a bet that you all would do the same thing the only thing stopping you is either the fact that you are too scared, or too stupid. It has nothing to do with whats right or wrong, but maybe who wishes they had the knowledge and courage she did. Put yourself there before you talk shit, I bet you that when it came down to it your own greed would take over and you'd do the same thing]
\
shawnna

Oregon, WI

#13 Mar 24, 2009
sounds to me like all you people are a little too concerned about what she did and how wrong it was could that possibly be because you are in need of a little reassurance yourselves. You people are pathetic and have nothing better to do with your lives than to hide behind a screen name and still try to trick people into thinking you are some kind of saint. Well unlike you, this is my name, I'm far from a saint, have i ever done anything like this? no, but at least I'm not too nieve to admit that there will always be a possibility Money does crazy things to people and i will be the first to admit that i like money and the best money is free money. Why can't you cowards learn to speak freely and be real rather than even on the internet tryin to prove you're better than everyone else. I bet you'd find yourselves burning in hell because you so fake you cant be honest with yourself before i find myself burning over greed or getting even with some1 that fucked me over
weezal

Kearney, NE

#14 Mar 25, 2009
is there a law against what she did? if so then she is wrong. if no law then she did right. WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGG
lipps

Overton, NE

#15 Mar 25, 2009
Who is Wrong wrote:
If the woman was arrested, they probably are not lies. If someone is not paying overtime, why stay there? Do you take the law into your own hands? Do you get revenge? I hope you are right that the accused has no criminal record (previously). You were pretty quick in accusing the business owner of several things here. If this is untrue, it could be libel.
Just because she was arrested doesnt mean they were lies!! I know people that were arrested on suspicions, articles print in the papers then their released later because not enough evidence. any corrections in the paper? of course not just let the cops act like they really caught someone and the public believe the person is guilty
alice

Honolulu, HI

#16 Mar 29, 2009
if she sold her body, it may be illegal in SB
up yours

Sweet Springs, MO

#17 Apr 2, 2009
As a matter of fact my greed would not take over I am well aware the difference between my own credit card and my companies thank-you. That does not make me stupid, nor does it make anyone else that is reliable stupid. There are people in this world that are trust worthy still clearly you are not one of them, you will be handled in the end jsut the same. Oh and talking shit is saying things that are untrue dumb ass!!
shawnna wrote:
<quoted text>
You all may say how wrong she was but you have skeletons in your closet just the same i would put up every cent i have in a bet that you all would do the same thing the only thing stopping you is either the fact that you are too scared, or too stupid. It has nothing to do with whats right or wrong, but maybe who wishes they had the knowledge and courage she did. Put yourself there before you talk shit, I bet you that when it came down to it your own greed would take over and you'd do the same thing]
\
alice

Honolulu, HI

#18 Apr 2, 2009
alice wrote:
if she sold her body, it may be illegal in SB
I checked and it is illegal for her to sell her body.
up yours

Jefferson City, MO

#19 Jun 3, 2009
3 to 5 opps must be guilty
alice

Kahului, HI

#20 Jun 4, 2009
I think so but there is way too much prostitution is scottsbluff as it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsbluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miranda Lambert Takes "Highway Vagabond" to Lat... Dec '16 secunwon 1
News Nebraska farmer silences oil and gas committee ... (Mar '15) Aug '16 Mark 3
News Scottsbluff man faces up to 95 years in prison ... (Dec '12) Jul '16 Pierre von Sanchez 11
News Obama Meets with Child of Undocumented Immigran... (May '16) Jun '16 MacBarren 12
News Former Minatare youth minister makes court appe... (Jan '16) Jan '16 a friend 1
News Beitel theft conspiracy cases to be tried together (Dec '15) Dec '15 strauch 1
News Jenna Bush Hager Gives Birth to Second Daughter... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Cordwainer Trout 2

Scottsbluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsbluff Mortgages