Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision Wednesday

Aug 3, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: blogs.sacbee.com

U.S. District Court Judge Vaughn Walker will issue a decision Wednesday on the constitutional challenge to California's Proposition 8, the ban on same-sex marriage, according to a court announcement today.

Comments
1,861 - 1,880 of 1,974 Comments Last updated Jun 11, 2014
Romney-will-lose

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Santorum wrote:
I will agree and vote for same sex marriage when you prove to me it's not a life style. I'm not a bigot as you say..it's just my opinion about the lifestyle you live.
i don't have to prove anything to you, there are no laws that prohibit having sex with another adult man or woman behind close doors, there's really nothing you can do to " Prevent" gay people from having sex with the same adult gender. Good luck.
Dee

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Romney-will-lose wrote:
<quoted text> i don't have to prove anything to you, there are no laws that prohibit having sex with another adult man or woman behind close doors, there's really nothing you can do to " Prevent" gay people from having sex with the same adult gender. Good luck.

Romney WILL win...
Dee

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

btw....stop shoving "gay" down our throats!!!! that might help..
Romney-will-lose

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Dee wrote:
when christians and comsevatives stop bashing us we will stop throwing our agenda in your face.
Really

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Dee wrote:
What would you rather shoved down your throat?
Really Really

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Romney-will-lose wrote:
<quoted text> when christians and comsevatives stop bashing us we will stop throwing our agenda in your face.
I wish people would just accept their self-esteem problems like the rest of the F'ed up world and say a few prayers at the alter of St. Fu.
Dee

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you rather shoved down your throat?

That's EXACTLY the shit "we" don't want...You wonder why all us old conservatives feel this way.......good job...

“Blood Type B - Attitude B +”

Since: Mar 08

Felton California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Carlton Banks wrote:
Such bs...one of the greatest things about this country is we can vote on an issue. Now we have all these laws and propositions that are voted on, win, then get overturned in court. There are a lot of laws that not everyone agrees with, but the people have voted, and that should be the end of the story.
Not true. If that were the case we could vote to legalize murder or make singing a crime. We are entitled to certain rights under our Constitution and these wer can't be allowed to "vote" away.
Sue

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Dee wrote:
<quoted text>...
That's EXACTLY the shit "we" don't want...You wonder why all us old conservatives feel this way.......good job...
EXACTLY and vague at the same time.(ironical, isn't it).
Was it a sense of humor you don't want, or people taking issue with religious ninnies who impose their preferences on the world. Maybe that community of disposables you seem to be dumping on so much will one day regard you in the same fashion.
The world is changing-demographics, populations, etc. So perhaps one day you will be a minority and notice what it feels like to have a majority "shove their opinions down your throat".
I hate to think I alienated the right from reality.
Romney-will-lose

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY and vague at the same time.(ironical, isn't it).
Was it a sense of humor you don't want, or people taking issue with religious ninnies who impose their preferences on the world. Maybe that community of disposables you seem to be dumping on so much will one day regard you in the same fashion.
The world is changing-demographics, populations, etc. So perhaps one day you will be a minority and notice what it feels like to have a majority "shove their opinions down your throat".
I hate to think I alienated the right from reality.
you are absolutely right! It was on the net all over yesterday that the white population soon very soon will be the minority population and tbat's very bad news for religuous institutions and conservatives politically, because minorities regularly vote Democratic so the right wing better change their strategy because their minority time is coming.
Retard0matic

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

SpamOlater wrote:
More than once a crank-pot has 'linked' a so called topic to another cities topix-board, this in it's self is just bill-boarding or spaming.
lOCAL ISSUES ARE BEING OVER RUN BY, SLINKY SPAMMERS.
EVER SINCE THE RELEASE OF 'BEHIND THE GREEN DOOR.'
Thats nice skippy...

“Use a klean kanteen.”

california

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Romney-will-lose wrote:
<quoted text> when christians and comsevatives stop bashing us we will stop throwing our agenda in your face.
I'm a Christian and a conservative and I love the gay people. My brother is gay and I think he's fabulous. Everyone I know is conservative and republican. Ok not everyone but most and none of them think like that. Please stop lumping us all together
USMC

Newport Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Marriage is a sacred ritual between a MAN AND A WOMEN. Call your "marriage" something else, and do it outside of a church you hypocrites, then maybe the rest of America will join your fight.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

USMC wrote:
Marriage is a sacred ritual between a MAN AND A WOMEN. Call your "marriage" something else, and do it outside of a church you hypocrites, then maybe the rest of America will join your fight.
A marriage is a government sanctioned contract between two people. Nothing sacred about it. You don't even need to step inside a church if you don't want to.

Felton California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

USMC wrote:
Preach much? What something means to you doesn't define what it is. Unless you are the last authority on the matter. Never mind. I know where you will take this.
E C lil Wolfie

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

There are a lot more concerning issues facing us as Americans , than if two ugly women, or two pretty men, can get married to each other. Us the Voters have spoke! Lets focus on the American Family. Yes,Dad,Mom, and Lord willing a couple of beautiful children!

Felton California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

E C lil Wolfie wrote:
There are a lot more concerning issues facing us as Americans , than if two ugly women, or two pretty men, can get married to each other. Us the Voters have spoke! Lets focus on the American Family. Yes,Dad,Mom, and Lord willing a couple of beautiful children!
More pressing matters than people's rights? Us the Voters can't decide to ignore the civil rights of others.
Romney Jokes

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Judged:

Q: How much more can the American public stand watching Mitt Romney make a fool out of himself?

A: At least his stand up shows don't have commercials.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Romney Jokes wrote:
Q: How much more can the American public stand watching Mitt Romney make a fool out of himself?
A: At least his stand up shows don't have commercials.
Two degrees in the same year in the top 5% of his class and we have no idea what president Obama's marks where! Makes you wonder does it not? The fact that he has both a law degree and and MBA (both in the same year) shows that he is not afraid of hard work...and he can look at problems from both a legal and business point of view.
As for his money...well, at least he didn't make it while a Congressperson. We seem to have extensive information on Mitt Romney's education...Why not Obama's???
Romney Jokes

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Judged:

Q: Has Mitt Romney's campaign run out of steam?

A: Sure has, along time ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Scotts Valley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Scotts Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Scotts Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Scotts Valley