Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
159,401 - 159,420 of 200,331 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Stoughton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another response from akpilot that lacks any rational retort.
Am I beaten? No doubt about it.
You go, Chongo.....you go....
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Stoughton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
If you only knew...
(Whispers) "But, we do..." You make all sorts of baseless claims about higher education. And you resort to "street" when you are unable to fake your way through these posts.
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Stoughton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Rose has two degrees. How many do you have?
Lies, from rose. And your sucker ass believes them...
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Stoughton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Rose has two degrees. How many do you have?
LOL From where? Mackie-Brown University, or ITT Tech?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Is it isolated? Frank, you might want to look deeper into it. There are many countries around the globe, where polygamy is promoted. You might want to dig a bit deeper.
There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes your ignorance conjures up regarding polygamy. Use them. The crime you keep fantasizing about is not polygamy, it is child abuse.

If some people in same sex marriages commit crimes do you advocate banning same sex marriage too?
RaveViews

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

It's true Racists pigs live in West Covina, California some are on it's city council and other's on on their commissions.

One of them likes to write racists filled articles for a local newspaper, sgvexaminer.com this has been his favorite method of promoting his racists views.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes your ignorance conjures up regarding polygamy. Use them. The crime you keep fantasizing about is not polygamy, it is child abuse.
If some people in same sex marriages commit crimes do you advocate banning same sex marriage too?
The difference is, the most visible proponents of Polygamy, USE polygamy as their excuse to commit these crimes against young women and children.

I am not saying it is correct that all polygamy should be associated because of this issue, it is not correct.

I am saying this is an image obstacle that needs to be overcome before progress can be made on this subject, as it will be near impossible to gain public support until there are more responsible people in the forefront of the issue, the imminent overturn of Prop 8 will have no effect on that part of the issue.

You do realize that same sex marriage would not have gained the progress it has without widespread public support, right or wrong... that is indeed the case, it needed, and had the support.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy's Dirty Little Secret

At first glance you may be inclined to say. So what? As long as they're adults and consenting, than it is their business. What is not seen at first glance is the dirty little secret of polygamy.

Polygamy historically leads to rape, and child abuse. Even in the U.S.A. when religious groups adopt a doctrine of polygamy it eventually leads to slavery, or its close cousin, indentured servitude.

The dirtiest, of all the dirty little secrets is; It is the children who become pawns in the game.

http://www.google.com/url...

Child abuse and polygamy - polygamy and child abuse: Are these words synonymous? It certainly would appear so, based on the preliminary information obtained by officials following the apprehension of 463 children from the Yearning for Zion Ranch in Eldorado, Texas.

Reports indicate that of the 53 underage girls, 31 have had children or are currently pregnant. Two of these underage girls have had 3 children, and 6 of these girls have had 2 children. While in custody of the state, one of the girls gave birth to a boy.

In addition to this disturbing information, reports indicate that at least 41 of the children have or have had broken bones.

There is also an ongoing investigation into the possible sexual abuse of boys.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is, the most visible proponents of Polygamy, USE polygamy as their excuse to commit these crimes against young women and children.
I am not saying it is correct that all polygamy should be associated because of this issue, it is not correct.
I am saying this is an image obstacle that needs to be overcome before progress can be made on this subject, as it will be near impossible to gain public support until there are more responsible people in the forefront of the issue, the imminent overturn of Prop 8 will have no effect on that part of the issue.
You do realize that same sex marriage would not have gained the progress it has without widespread public support, right or wrong... that is indeed the case, it needed, and had the support.
Yes. You do realize same sex marriage had it's detractors just like you describe are against poly marriage?

And you do realize public support was not very common in the early days of SSM just a few short years ago?

You do realize how fast public support can come by eliminating ignorance and prejudice with education?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Polygamy's Dirty Little Secret
At first glance you may be inclined to say. So what? As long as they're adults and consenting, than it is their business. What is not seen at first glance is the dirty little secret of polygamy.
Polygamy historically leads to rape, and child abuse. Even in the U.S.A. when religious groups adopt a doctrine of polygamy it eventually leads to slavery, or its close cousin, indentured servitude.
The dirtiest, of all the dirty little secrets is; It is the children who become pawns in the game.
Child abuse and polygamy - polygamy and child abuse: Are these words synonymous? It certainly would appear so, based on the preliminary information obtained by officials following the apprehension of 463 children from the Yearning for Zion Ranch in Eldorado, Texas.
Reports indicate that of the 53 underage girls, 31 have had children or are currently pregnant. Two of these underage girls have had 3 children, and 6 of these girls have had 2 children. While in custody of the state, one of the girls gave birth to a boy.
In addition to this disturbing information, reports indicate that at least 41 of the children have or have had broken bones.
There is also an ongoing investigation into the possible sexual abuse of boys.

Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
What is it going to take to get you idiots to stop believing the bullshit put out by FOX News?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
You do realize how fast public support can come by eliminating ignorance and prejudice with education?
As if.........
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies, from rose. And your sucker ass believes them...
Look, you silly hick. I can tell from Rose's posts that she's educated, so yes, I believe her.

You, on the other hand, are very easily spotted as uneducated. Not only that, but you embrace your ignorance and wear it as a badge of honor. You don't even have enough sense to keep your stupid mouth shut.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL From where? Mackie-Brown University, or ITT Tech?
...and how many degrees do you have?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You do realize same sex marriage had it's detractors just like you describe are against poly marriage?
And you do realize public support was not very common in the early days of SSM just a few short years ago?
Detractors yes, but no on “the same as I describe” people are seeing polygamy, as no criminal I have seen has ever used same sex marriages specifically as an excuse, that gives them the "right" to commit such a crime.

I do realize how fast public support can come, I also realize it won’t come at all unless the people in the forefront of this issue are not criminals and welfare cheats as they currently in the public eye, seem to be.

You need more positive role models
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it going to take to get you idiots to stop believing the bullshit put out by FOX News?
That is refered to as FAUX News

It fits
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Woops! Forgot that everything FOX reports is a lie in liberal la la land! Sorry!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22643...
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It fits
Actually, I usually call it FUX News.

You would think after what happened in November, folks would quit FUX News, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Detractors yes, but no on “the same as I describe” people are seeing polygamy, as no criminal I have seen has ever used same sex marriages specifically as an excuse, that gives them the "right" to commit such a crime.
I do realize how fast public support can come, I also realize it won’t come at all unless the people in the forefront of this issue are not criminals and welfare cheats as they currently in the public eye, seem to be.
You need more positive role models
Ugh. Again I am allowed to talk of polygamy in the abstract. It's in the TOS of this DISCUSSION forum.

Your repeated arguments that poly has a bad image ARE NOTED REPEATEDLY. They are NOT reasons to deny equality.

You need an argument.

P.S. SSM had a very bad image too. Marrying trees and goats and such. You still use it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It fits
http://now.msn.com/msnbc-more-biased-than-fox...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scotts Valley Discussions

Search the Scotts Valley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 20 min Acme Pest Control 15,916
TBSC compared to NEO NAZIS 26 min Donny B 107
Archive for Jim Spring posts (Dec '13) 29 min Donny B 693
DBS has stalked Becky Johnson for FOUR YEARS (Aug '13) 34 min Donny B 202
Is DBS a Good Employee? (Jul '12) 36 min Donny B 142
Buzz stalks as "John Colby" 1 hr Donny B 94
Does Aaron Whiting have a trust fund? 1 hr anone 227
•••
•••
•••
•••

Scotts Valley Jobs

•••