Mark Abbott - Not Guilty of Lawless M...

Mark Abbott - Not Guilty of Lawless Murder

Posted in the Scott City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bad Boys--Bad Boys

Dallas, TX

#1 Aug 1, 2012
I just watched a re-run of 48 Hours that re-aired couple weeks ago. Then I got online and tried to find out more about the case. I've read enough to know that JK did not do this and I'm happy he's finally out. I also know the Lawless family deserves justice for their daughter and I hope they get it.
Something's really bothering me though. Of all the things I've read off these local MO boards, everybody seems to have already made up their minds that Mark Abbott did this - and the sheriff seems to have Mark in his crosshairs too. BUT there is NO evidence that Mark did it though and you just can't convict somebody based on "this smells fishy." As far as what I've read, etc., ML and MA didn't even run in the same circles and Mark had absolutely NO MOTIVE to kill that little girl - NONE!! Why won't ANYBODY take up for him on the boards - surely he has friends and family who love him and are scared that he may get pinched for this.
Please MA Haters: Don't skin me alive, OK, but I majored in drinking, drugging, cheating, beating men in the school of hard knocks and Mark looks just about like every man I've been involved with, especially my first love and my ex-hus and baby daddy.(The smiling eyes and sexy sideways grin didn't hurt much either;) My point is: Being a Wild Child doesn NOT make you a murderer - I know this! Aren't there others like me out there who have something good to say about Mark??
P.S. If there's a wife or girlfriend out there, please don't threaten to kick my @ss or anything. I'm in my forties now and there ain't no man worth throwing my back out over, ya know?? ;)
really?

United States

#2 Aug 2, 2012
Bad Boys--Bad Boys wrote:
I just watched a re-run of 48 Hours that re-aired couple weeks ago. Then I got online and tried to find out more about the case. I've read enough to know that JK did not do this and I'm happy he's finally out. I also know the Lawless family deserves justice for their daughter and I hope they get it.
Something's really bothering me though. Of all the things I've read off these local MO boards, everybody seems to have already made up their minds that Mark Abbott did this - and the sheriff seems to have Mark in his crosshairs too. BUT there is NO evidence that Mark did it though and you just can't convict somebody based on "this smells fishy." As far as what I've read, etc., ML and MA didn't even run in the same circles and Mark had absolutely NO MOTIVE to kill that little girl - NONE!! Why won't ANYBODY take up for him on the boards - surely he has friends and family who love him and are scared that he may get pinched for this.
Please MA Haters: Don't skin me alive, OK, but I majored in drinking, drugging, cheating, beating men in the school of hard knocks and Mark looks just about like every man I've been involved with, especially my first love and my ex-hus and baby daddy.(The smiling eyes and sexy sideways grin didn't hurt much either;) My point is: Being a Wild Child doesn NOT make you a murderer - I know this! Aren't there others like me out there who have something good to say about Mark??
P.S. If there's a wife or girlfriend out there, please don't threaten to kick my @ss or anything. I'm in my forties now and there ain't no man worth throwing my back out over, ya know?? ;)
So what's the point of you rambling on like this ? I don't know nothing about abbot family but I know most of em are in prison just like mark .... But if it's not him someone killed that girl and he/she still walking around among us enjoying life ..... Scary thought ...
Bad Boys_Bad Boys

Dallas, TX

#3 Aug 2, 2012
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>
So what's the point of you rambling on like this ? I don't know nothing about abbot family but I know most of em are in prison just like mark .... But if it's not him someone killed that girl and he/she still walking around among us enjoying life ..... Scary thought ...[/QUOTE]
I stated my POINT [email protected]: Everyone on these boards seems to have their minds made up and I don't even see evidence they knew each other, let alone that he had a motive to KILL her. If there is something they KNOW, but they're not SAYING, SPEAK UP already!Point made.
Oh, and if you "don't know nothing about the abbott family" how is it that you know "most of em are in prison"? Moron ...
really?

United States

#4 Aug 2, 2012
Bad Boys_Bad Boys wrote:
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>
So what's the point of you rambling on like this ? I don't know nothing about abbot family but I know most of em are in prison just like mark .... But if it's not him someone killed that girl and he/she still walking around among us enjoying life ..... Scary thought ..."

I stated my POINT [email protected]: Everyone on these boards seems to have their minds made up and I don't even see evidence they knew each other, let alone that he had a motive to KILL her. If there is something they KNOW, but they're not SAYING, SPEAK UP already!Point made.
Oh, and if you "don't know nothing about the abbott family" how is it that you know "most of em are in prison"? Moron ...
Sounds like an old lady has a stick up in your ass ... Who cares if you see evidence or not ... I can see why people think he did it cus hes just another junkie back then and now but why are you saying there's no motive or evidence , your just all worked up after doing your google research and watching 48hr mystery but why would anybody wanna say anything in trashy web site about an ongoing investigation ? Unless you are law enforcement I don't wanna hear your no evidence no motive bs because sound like to me you have something to do with mark or abbot family . And plus I don't have to know them to know the junkies are locked up , this is Scott city everybodys part time job is to gossip and run their mouth or post meaningless crap on topix... I hope justice will be served , if you want more info or has any leads contact your local PD , don't just get on here calling names and be an asshole .....
Bad Boys_Bad Boys

Dallas, TX

#5 Aug 2, 2012
NEXT . . .
hello

Napa, CA

#6 Aug 8, 2012
yes i do beleive that 3 were involved and do beleive the talk the boys had going on a few years ago it was before daddy got in trouble and they took the wrap both boys were there that night and a part of it i hope it ways on their minds specially since they have children and one is out-
guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Aug 13, 2012
The only evidence they seem to have only implicates the boyfriend, since it was his DNA under her nails and the scratches on his back. So far, there doesn't seem to be anything else to go on. Just because the Abbott boys can't remember anything or keep their stories straight (probably because they were high), doesn't make them guilty of murder. Unfortunately, there are more questions than answers in this case. Very sad for the family.

However, there was a witness brought up on the Benton Topix recently that I had never heard about before, so maybe that will shed more light on what really happened.
Larry Abercrombie

United States

#8 Aug 13, 2012
What does this have to do with my gambling machines.
Larry Abercrombie

United States

#9 Aug 13, 2012
Too soon?
Larry Abercrombie

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2012
Sorry wrong site.
really??

Jackson, MO

#11 Aug 13, 2012
Larry Abercrombie wrote:
Sorry wrong site.
Still smoking that shit ha?
Larry Abercrombie

United States

#12 Aug 13, 2012
Guess so :(
evidence

Branson, MO

#13 Aug 14, 2012
Welp heres the thing. You say there is no evidence.... Just because YOU and I don't know what evidence they have doesn't mean there isn't any. Last I checked, the police department doesn't go around telling the general public what they have. The abbot boys story just does NOT fit the crime scene. He told them at the police department that a girl had been hurt. The police couldn't even tell on approach that it was a GIRL. Not till they moved her. I repeat, he knows more than hes telling. Hes supposed to be the first on the scene "after" she was hurt and his story doesn't fit. If you know ANYTHING about police investigations, that ALONE makes him a
suspect.
guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Aug 15, 2012
evidence wrote:
Welp heres the thing. You say there is no evidence.... Just because YOU and I don't know what evidence they have doesn't mean there isn't any. Last I checked, the police department doesn't go around telling the general public what they have. The abbot boys story just does NOT fit the crime scene. He told them at the police department that a girl had been hurt. The police couldn't even tell on approach that it was a GIRL. Not till they moved her. I repeat, he knows more than hes telling. Hes supposed to be the first on the scene "after" she was hurt and his story doesn't fit. If you know ANYTHING about police investigations, that ALONE makes him a
suspect.
For clarification because YOU misunderstood what I wrote. YOU are right, WE don't know what "evidence" they have, and that was the point. YES, the Abbott boys NOT having a story that fits makes them suspects, however, what I said was that the only ACTUAL evidence they are claiming points to the boyfriend, AND I said it does NOT make the Abbott boys GUILTY.
evidence

Branson, MO

#15 Aug 15, 2012
I guess i will have to make my point AGAIN. They do not tell the general public EVERYTHING they have. YOU don't know everything they have. NEITHER DO I. Nor do I claim to know who did it. WHICH means YOU cannot claim to know who did or didn't do it. DUH... Ya know, that abbott boy has done some really stupid stuff. But did he kill michelle? I don't know. But I REALLY REALLY hope the truth comes out soon. I would hate to see somebodies life ruined by suspicion and innuendo. Its already cost Joshua Keezer about sixteen years of his life, and changed it forever. How can somebody just take the life of a young girl and sleep at night. I will never understand.
guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#16 Aug 15, 2012
evidence wrote:
I guess i will have to make my point AGAIN. They do not tell the general public EVERYTHING they have. YOU don't know everything they have. NEITHER DO I. Nor do I claim to know who did it. WHICH means YOU cannot claim to know who did or didn't do it. DUH... Ya know, that abbott boy has done some really stupid stuff. But did he kill michelle? I don't know. But I REALLY REALLY hope the truth comes out soon. I would hate to see somebodies life ruined by suspicion and innuendo. Its already cost Joshua Keezer about sixteen years of his life, and changed it forever. How can somebody just take the life of a young girl and sleep at night. I will never understand.
Apparently you did not take reading comprehension in school, because I DID NOT SAY THEY TELL US EVERYTHING AND I DID NOT SAY WHO DID OR DIDN'T DO IT!!! So I guess "DUH" shows your real intellect!
wondering
#17 Aug 16, 2012
are all they out of jail
Bad Boys--Bad Boys

Euless, TX

#18 Aug 23, 2012
wondering wrote:
are all they out of jail
Last I heard, Matt has been out, KW is out, Mark will be out in a couple more years.
Bad Boys--Bad Boys

Euless, TX

#19 Aug 23, 2012
guest and evidence,

My feeling on what they have and what they're doing evidence-wise is that the team in the Netherlands is continuing to look at the grip DNA and probably waiting for better techniques to be developed to distinguish between identical twins. They've learned in recent years that ID twins DNA is not completely identical like they first thought. But finding areas of distinction are not necessarily easy. I have always had problems with the fact that this is a "twin" case in that there is a lot of reasonable doubt for a jury there - I mean I couldn't convict one twin, largely on DNA evidence, knowing it could possibly be the other twin. And I couldn't just assume that they were both involved because they hang out together sometimes - they're not always together and that wouldn't be proof enough for me.

The other main piece of evidence I believe they're working on is a fingerprint on a bullet casing. Granted, the sheriff won't specify that's what the "cylindrical metal object" is, but c'mon! A specialist in the UK, I believe, is working on a new technique to remove the fingerprint intact so that it can be compared to suspects. At first glance, that sounds like a "case closed" type of finding, but again, I would want more before I convict somebody of murder. The main reason is that I can't tell you how many bullets I've touched and left my fingerprints on. When people first get a semi-auto, like the one in this case, they often have a hard time loading the magazine because the spring is so tight. If you buy the gun new, it will have a simple plastic tool to help you, but I can't tell you how many people I've loaded bullets for (on the shooting range, etc.- lol). Unless Mark or Matt still had this gun and ballastics could be run on it, simply a fingerprint on a casing wouldn't do it for me - it could have been a friend or just a passing acquaintance who asked for help loading the mag. I realize not everyone would see it the same way I do, but juries are made of all kinds of different people - I know!
Bad Boys--Bad Boys

Euless, TX

#20 Aug 23, 2012
Oh, let me clarify myself above: I do not mean to imply that Mark or Matt EVER had ANY gun. Just had to say that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
guest 8 hr guest 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 12 hr Dummy 965
Fischer in Jail 17 hr Guest 10
Tell me about the cake pop trick 19 hr Kallie H 11
margie ledure 20 hr steven 10
Parents who party all the time Sat Guest 7
Told you so!! Small town politics!!! Sat Guest 27

Scott City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scott City Mortgages