Scott City Road District - Monthly Me...

Scott City Road District - Monthly Meeting

Posted in the Scott City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

United States

#1 Apr 12, 2010
Scott City Road District had their monthly meeting, and they brought up to borrow 60 thousand dollars, over the approximately 150 thousand they already got from the Scott City taxpayers.

The Scott City Road District for the last fiscal year, utilized approximately 70% of their budget to upkeep and pave the roads leading to Commerce.

They should be using Scott City tax dollars to upkeep all the roads in the district, instead of just the Commerce road.

Since it's inception in approximately 1942, the Illmo-Special Road District was organized to take care of all the roads around Scott City, not just one, ie: Roth Road.

Two of the Scott City Road District Commissioners live on Roth Road. The names of the Commissioners living on Roth Road is Dustin Stone, and Mr. Ledure.

The third Scott City Commissioner Mr. Dale Schlosser, voted to not borrow more money to put on Roth Road.

I think if we check with the Scott County Commissioners in Benton, we may find out that the Scott City Special Road District is prohibted from borrowing more money that what has already been allocated in taxpayer revenue.

Speak Up Scott City taxpayers, your taxpayer dollars is being spent primarily on Roth road, instead of being utilized on (ALL) roads within the District!

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 12, 2010
I'm glad someones doing something I've lived out in scott county ( illmo rd dist.) 38 years and never seein things getting done like they are now I'm glad someones taking an interest and all the money isn't going out to the dead end co rd that leads to mr. Bob keesee's house (former illmo road dist commisioner) and peoples getting some use out of it. if we had all the money spent by the river back all the roads would have new asphalt.
Sc res

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 12, 2010
To whomever it may concearn on the illmo road dist. You people did a fantastic job on what's known as bell crossing it definatley don't look like you'lls type if work. it's so much nicer not having to climb that hill to cross that tracks and it's so much safer it may save alot of people their lives. So good job

Dallas, TX

#4 Apr 12, 2010
Sc res wrote:
To whomever it may concearn on the illmo road dist. You people did a fantastic job on what's known as bell crossing it definatley don't look like you'lls type if work. it's so much nicer not having to climb that hill to cross that tracks and it's so much safer it may save alot of people their lives. So good job
I cannot agree more I have traveled bell crossing my whole life and I cannot count the times that I have almost been killed there, thank you for letting me know who is responsible for the great job I would like to think each of them personally, it seems like to me that there is some outstanding members running the show and getting good work done now, which hasn't always been the case. Keep up the good work guys it's nice Progress finally being made.

Chicago, IL

#5 Apr 12, 2010
they need to do some work on Roth dr it's falling apart. i for borrowing the money as long as the projects get done. There's been no overlay on Roth dr in 12 years so I wish they would of done it sooner before I ruint no tellin how many tires
Warchild

Dallas, TX

#6 Apr 13, 2010
Thank you illmo road district to the work that was done to Roth drive me and some fellow motorcyclist attend the River Ridge Winery most Sundays in the spring and summer on our bikes, Roth drive used to be one of the worst roads in Scott city, we would almost get hit head on on a daily basis because of other cars and ourselves having to dodge potholes, and rough uneven spots in the road, so Thanks Again For The Superb Work, it's nice to actually see improvements being made with our tax dollars instead of someone pockets
For you

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 13, 2010
Sc res wrote:
that job was contracted and done by the railroad workers themselves.

Jackson, MO

#8 Apr 13, 2010
For you wrote:
<quoted text>
that job was contracted and done by the railroad workers themselves.
Not true, Bell Crossing was done solely by the Illmo Road District with Mr. LeDure and Mr. Stone donating alot of their personal time with no pay to help speed up the progress on this project.

Jackson, MO

#9 Apr 13, 2010
Guest wrote:
Scott City Road District had their monthly meeting, and they brought up to borrow 60 thousand dollars, over the approximately 150 thousand they already got from the Scott City taxpayers.
The Scott City Road District for the last fiscal year, utilized approximately 70% of their budget to upkeep and pave the roads leading to Commerce.
They should be using Scott City tax dollars to upkeep all the roads in the district, instead of just the Commerce road.
Since it's inception in approximately 1942, the Illmo-Special Road District was organized to take care of all the roads around Scott City, not just one, ie: Roth Road.
Two of the Scott City Road District Commissioners live on Roth Road. The names of the Commissioners living on Roth Road is Dustin Stone, and Mr. Ledure.
The third Scott City Commissioner Mr. Dale Schlosser, voted to not borrow more money to put on Roth Road.
I think if we check with the Scott County Commissioners in Benton, we may find out that the Scott City Special Road District is prohibted from borrowing more money that what has already been allocated in taxpayer revenue.
Speak Up Scott City taxpayers, your taxpayer dollars is being spent primarily on Roth road, instead of being utilized on (ALL) roads within the District!
Mr. LeDure does NOT live on Roth Drive. Apparently someone has chosen to personally attack a good, honest man that is finally putting Scott City taxpayers money to work on roads and not in their pockets.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Apr 13, 2010
It wouldnt matter what road they started on someone would complain and say its because one them live on that road.. Just be glad they are doing something.. For so many years it was hard to get anything done by Special road district.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#11 Apr 13, 2010
Guest wrote:
Sounds to me like you are a sore loser or maybe a sore losers family.. Get over it. You didnt win so now all you are going to do is complain about what is being done. Just because you never took the time or effort to fix ANY of our roads in the county you are going to attack someone who is.
For you

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 13, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, Bell Crossing was done solely by the Illmo Road District with Mr. LeDure and Mr. Stone donating alot of their personal time with no pay to help speed up the progress on this project.
I was referring to te new gate and the landscaping.
Sc resident all my life

Dallas, TX

#13 Apr 13, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like you are a sore loser or maybe a sore losers family.. Get over it. You didnt win so now all you are going to do is complain about what is being done. Just because you never took the time or effort to fix ANY of our roads in the county you are going to attack someone who is.
That is what it sounds like to me as well,that's the only way anyone would complain about the job they are doin.It's nice to see that the guys calling the shots now care about our roads and that our taxpayers dollars are being spent wisely.

Jackson, MO

#14 Apr 13, 2010
For you wrote:
<quoted text>
The gate was done by the Railroad because it's Railroad property. However, the seeding/straw was mostly done by Mr. LeDure and Mr. Stone on their personal time.
Need my lawn mowed

Dallas, TX

#15 Apr 13, 2010
For you wrote:
<quoted text>
I was unaware that Union Pacific Railroad had a landscaping business can they be found in the yellow pages?
Sc pride

Chicago, IL

#16 Apr 13, 2010
The stones , that's the landscaping work, had to be put there in order to bring the crossing up to par for the gate so its controls could be installed and accessed.

Looks great and is much safer for people to drive through. Especially children and the elderly.
Whatever

United States

#17 Apr 13, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. LeDure does NOT live on Roth Drive. Apparently someone has chosen to personally attack a good, honest man that is finally putting Scott City taxpayers money to work on roads and not in their pockets.
Whatever, u must be one of the brown nose buddies that live on Roth Drive. Maybe your putting some dollars in his pocket so he will have the taxpayers to pay for u better roads while all others that mean didly squat to him don't get a damn thing done. You and him can bite my rosey red butt!!!!
Sc Res Also

United States

#18 Apr 13, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever, u must be one of the brown nose buddies that live on Roth Drive. Maybe your putting some dollars in his pocket so he will have the taxpayers to pay for u better roads while all others that mean didly squat to him don't get a damn thing done. You and him can bite my rosey red butt!!!!
Why you getting attitude just because whoever wrote he lived on Roth Drive was WRONG.. Maybe some ppl should get their facts straight before posting things they apparently know Nothing about.
Whatever

United States

#19 Apr 13, 2010
Sc Res Also wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you getting attitude just because whoever wrote he lived on Roth Drive was WRONG.. Maybe some ppl should get their facts straight before posting things they apparently know Nothing about.
Personally I don't care where he lives BUT what location does his pocket get padded from?

Dallas, TX

#20 Apr 13, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Personally I don't care where he lives BUT what location does his pocket get padded from?
if you don't care where he lives why would you make up lies and say he lives on ROTH DRIVE? You are seriously to stupid to insult.. You have done nothing but lie SORE LOSERS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cop at bk 3 hr Scguest 1
Scott City Medical clinic 5 hr Dr pepper 6
Best of all time!!! (Jan '10) 7 hr Wrong 20
New Mayor 14 hr nice 12
What happened to Semo alerts on FB? 14 hr interested 7
So Happy with the new Mayor!!! 18 hr Guest 3
People of Scott City Fri interested 5

Scott City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance