huddle house at the truck stop

huddle house at the truck stop

Posted in the Scott City Forum

lynn

United States

#1 Nov 16, 2009
can anyone tell me what the food and service is like at the huddle house in scott city it use to be good have not been there in a long time last time there was not so nice people working and seem to be something going on in the back that no one would service our table. I heard they brought in new workers from out of state that our area did not have good employees i do not know if true but have been thinking about going there to eat any comments welcome
lynn

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2009
does anyone who uses this site know anything about the huddle house? It sure is hard to get info from you people unless it involves ugly remarks about others or just plain gossip

Wentzville, MO

#3 Nov 17, 2009
I went there a few weeks ago. The food is so-so, but the service is what I really didn't enjoy. Let me begin with, there was 2 waitresses and a cook on duty for a Friday evening. I found out that this night was the cooks first day on the job. I got there with my wife and we seated ourselves in non-smoking area. It took about 15 min. for the waitress to get to us. We already knew what we wanted, since we had been there several times in the past. The waitress didn't even turn the ticket into the cook for almost 20 mins. cause she was waiting on other tables, not taking orders but talking and getting coffee and refills for other customers. Granted we still didn't have coffee yet. We had to ask her "Where is our coffee?" We noticed that our waitress didn't have any help during this time. Come to find out, the other waitress was in the kitchen helping the new cook out with the cooking and making plates. We saw our plated under the heat lamp after about 20-25 mins. Where's our waitress you ask? She was spending her time at another table talking. Our food set under the heat lamp for over 10 mins. before she turned around and saw it. She jumped and brought the plates to our table. About 8-10 people walked out during the time we were there, 1hr. 30 mins. this is our latest experience at the Huddle House and it will be the last I hope.
lynn

United States

#4 Nov 17, 2009
guest wrote:
I went there a few weeks ago. The food is so-so, but the service is what I really didn't enjoy. Let me begin with, there was 2 waitresses and a cook on duty for a Friday evening. I found out that this night was the cooks first day on the job. I got there with my wife and we seated ourselves in non-smoking area. It took about 15 min. for the waitress to get to us. We already knew what we wanted, since we had been there several times in the past. The waitress didn't even turn the ticket into the cook for almost 20 mins. cause she was waiting on other tables, not taking orders but talking and getting coffee and refills for other customers. Granted we still didn't have coffee yet. We had to ask her "Where is our coffee?" We noticed that our waitress didn't have any help during this time. Come to find out, the other waitress was in the kitchen helping the new cook out with the cooking and making plates. We saw our plated under the heat lamp after about 20-25 mins. Where's our waitress you ask? She was spending her time at another table talking. Our food set under the heat lamp for over 10 mins. before she turned around and saw it. She jumped and brought the plates to our table. About 8-10 people walked out during the time we were there, 1hr. 30 mins. this is our latest experience at the Huddle House and it will be the last I hope.
Rats I hate to hear that they were doing real good when the restaurant was run by some older ladies but they probably did not want to pay them right and got some cheap help a manager should always be in their restaurant when there is problems but that seems to always be their problem is people who does not care if customers get mad and do not come back because of the service and quality of food. I hear their corporate office is in georgia they really need some supervision in missouri the one at poplar bluff is the pits too. they run a special for under 2.50 for eggs, bacon grits and toast but if you use the managers name you get free biscut & gravy I must say that is really hard up for business the food taste ok but the gravy was watery.
princess

United States

#5 Nov 18, 2009
yuck yuck yuck nasty workers

United States

#6 Nov 18, 2009
I've never eaten inside, always phoned in a take out order. Service was so-so as mentioned above.

The food luke-warm by the time I arrived back to scott city from the truck stop.

Taste of food on the bland side, but with condiments at home, that was quickly fixed, lol.

Overall, I'd say the scott city huddle house is no better or worse than other cafe's in the area.
lynn

United States

#7 Nov 18, 2009
if huddle house is so nasty why does the health department not close them or why does rhodes 101 who owns the place close the nasty place and rebuild it and put in their own restaurant. Atleast they keep things consistent and clean. There is a sign at huddle house that says complaint call 1-877-huddle8 they sure would not like my phone call but I think I will call them.
chicken

Bedminster, NJ

#8 Nov 18, 2009
i dont know about anyone else but i think they should put in a chesters fried chicken like the cape rhodes. just put in in the huddle house.

United States

#9 Nov 19, 2009
Rhodes has a contract with Huddle House and they can't serve very much (if any) food that is prepared there. It sucks and Huddle House is definitely nasty dirty!
papa

United States

#10 Nov 19, 2009
Guest wrote:
Rhodes has a contract with Huddle House and they can't serve very much (if any) food that is prepared there. It sucks and Huddle House is definitely nasty dirty!
hope that contract is up soon because huddle house is going to ruin rhodes reputation I know a bunch of us have been eating at the airport because better service and nice food. The huddle house is just nasty with nasty looking help

Dallas, TX

#11 Apr 28, 2012
This place is horrible. Found hair in my food. Felt like I was gonna vomit. Wanted to eat my burger but when I ordered my food they failed to mention they was out of hamburger buns and they put just plain bread on it. By the time it got to me the bread was soggy. I use to go there everyday but that's the last time right there. I probably went there 20 in last 2 months and they always treated me like I was like was a nobody. I've never treated them badly or complained but that was Fucking retarded. I maybe took 4 bites of the whole thing and the waitress took a whole $2 off my meal. Wow. Keep your $2. I'll never go there again.
iknow

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Apr 30, 2012
Was she a blonde and named Shiela?

Cape Girardeau, MO

#13 May 1, 2012
Would it not be best interest of the truck drivers that depend on a hot plate of nutrition, if Rhodes would just take over the cafe operations?

Back in the day, like in the 70's and 80's, anyone old enough to still remember what the (old) Rhodes Truck Stop looked like?

It was two stories, and if I recall correctly the truckers even had showers and sleeping quarters upstairs.
Close that dump

Kansas City, MO

#14 May 6, 2012
That place has had the health dept called on them several times and are always under investigation for having roaches and being nasty! They treat customers and employees like shit! They should just close that dump down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steroid users in town Mon Scc 21
My camera is bigger than your camera Mon Guest 1
Hoosiers at Graduation (Jun '15) Sat Pat B 5
Top lowlife famlies May 19 Guest 25
Looking for an old friend James overbey May 17 Guest 3
Tammy Fayes kin May 17 william 3
Shooting by rip shed May 17 Guest 4

Scott City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance