Alleged Former Lover Testifies Agains...

Alleged Former Lover Testifies Against Chief's Wife

There are 8 comments on the KTHV-TV Little Rock story from Mar 16, 2007, titled Alleged Former Lover Testifies Against Chief's Wife. In it, KTHV-TV Little Rock reports that:

“I think today and yesterday were be very good days for the defense believe it or not.”

It was an extraordinary busy day Wednesday at the trial of the former Lonoke Police Chief Jay Campbell and his wife Kelly. via KTHV-TV Little Rock

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTHV-TV Little Rock.

bigdaddydog

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Apr 19, 2007
I have known Kelly and Jay for several years and one thing I can say is Jay and Kelly are good parents and good people this is nothing more than politics from Lona she doesnt care anything about the people of lonoke. All she cares about is being on t.v. and her god awful career. And she wants to succed no matter what the cost. Although alot of the charges might are might not be true just look a the severity of each charge. There was bascially no money involved. Bascially all of the people that they said took things from didn't want to press charges are even say anything about it because they like jay and kelly that much. But Lona pressed the charges not them. They the people of lonoke just wanted to see her get some help. But Lona wanted to make a name since a election was coming up. Jay just tried to take up for his wife and take care of her like any husband would do. I believe she had a problem with subtance abuse at the time. There are alot of people with the same problems and we pray for them and help them in any way. Jay is guilty of that I can't tell you the people he helped and gave second and third chance to. To try and help them not to try and make a name for himself are ruing there lives. Like alot of other people and believe me it would be a whole lot easier to just put them in jail and not help them. I know I am a former police officer that worked with Jay. Even before this all came to a head if Lona herself came to Jay with a Problem Personnal are Professional he would have helped her all he could and not tried to runing her. If Kelly did are did not have an affair who are we to judge if jay can forgive her why can't we. People are so eager to critise other people even if they have the same problems. All you ever hear is everything that they think they did wrong. But you havet heard a 10th of the good things that Jay and Kelly done for others. I am not saying that if people commit crimes that they should not be punished. But What I am saying is if you didn't known them dont judge them are the situtation because you don't have a clue about the people you are critising. You will never hear are read it in the paper are see it on t.v. all you will ever hear is the bad things. In closing Jay and Kelly I will help you all I can and pray for you and I hope Some day we can go somewhere and do something together and maybe for a little while are just a minute forget all of this
IvesHenry

Beebe, AR

#2 Sep 17, 2009
Did you know Jay back in the late 1980's?
Several years? You were a officer, in this area when he was chief?
Why was Danny Harmon talking to the judge on a cell phone during trials?
LOGGERBRAD

Little Rock, AR

#4 Oct 28, 2009
GrannyC wrote:
<quoted text>You say we haven't heard 1/10 of the good things they have done....so if you do good things (give to charity, take old ladies to church, etc..)you can break the law all you want? Just don't get it. Obviously they broke the law and should be punished accordingly.
But GrannyC, are you not profiling on this website? You sure have a lot to whine about today GrannyC. Did they not change your diaper after lunch? You wrote: OMG Logger get over it. I don't think anyone with a brain would read Lady J's post and think all loggers in that area are bad. If YOU do your job properly and have good refrences then what do you have to worry about? I've heard about teachers molesting kids but I don't think all teachers are molesters. Geesh!!!" What happened to that observation? Or is it different for a situation as this? A bad logger...a bad policeman...what is the difference?
turn him loose

North Little Rock, AR

#7 Dec 22, 2009
turn his mudering ass loose so someone can finnaly take care of him like he took care of them two boys on the tracks that night. bigdaddy dog, go ahead and take up for him you dumbazz, there are no words you can say that will make me or thousands, maybe millions of others believe he didnt kill them boys.
whatever

United States

#8 May 10, 2010
Jay and Kelly are extremely lucky they only got what they did. I know for a fact that everything they were charged with were by no means false accusations. Have you ever talked to them when they were high on prescription drugs and everything else they did. They called it living on the edge. He admitted to at least 2 people that he killed those boys, bragged about it, said he had to do it to protect himself and his job. Going into peoples houses knowing what kind of medications they were on, one would distract the victim and the other would clean them out of any narcotics they had. You have no idea what they are capable of....I do, for a fact. They will be ok though, his Hot Springs posse will keep paying his way out. All I have to say is I would pay any amount of money to see them get what they really deserve.
Response 2

Little Rock, AR

#9 May 13, 2010
He admitted to at least 2 people that he killed those boys, bragged about it, said he had to do it to protect himself and his job.
What/who were the 2 boys you speak of? Guess I haven't heard that story.
whatever

Pearcy, AR

#10 May 13, 2010
Response 2

Little Rock, AR

#11 May 14, 2010
whatever wrote:
WOW!!! Thank you. I had no idea that Jay Campbell was linked to those 2 boys.(I've been under a rock all of my life, apparently)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horse Racing Jun '16 James 1
AT&T Internet on Col Maynard (Feb '16) Feb '16 Jessie 2
Southern Hypocrisy (Jun '15) Jan '16 Doug Collins 2
Is Hardin's going to open back up? (Mar '15) May '15 Guest 7
Aristotle Internet Now at Willow Beach and Comi... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Chris 1
Beverly Carter (Sep '14) Oct '14 curious 6
Girl at Cotham's in Scott (Jul '14) Jul '14 all4fun 1

Scott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance