Girl's Choking Scare Points Out Diffi...

Girl's Choking Scare Points Out Difficulty Of Tracking Banned Toys

There are 1 comment on the WNBC New York story from Jun 3, 2008, titled Girl's Choking Scare Points Out Difficulty Of Tracking Banned Toys. In it, WNBC New York reports that:

When five-year-old Sydney Blacker won a Yo-Yo water ball from her school fair, her mother Ellen thought nothing of it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNBC New York.

Confused

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jun 4, 2008
How did a yo-yo get wrapped around the childís neck? If you misuse any toy or any item for that matter, it will be dangerous. Why aren't the parents responsible for watching their children? Eventually all the toy stores will be forced to shut down due to parent neglect. Mattel, Hasbro, etc. can't continue to produce toys that are misused then deemed unsafe or dangerous.

As I look at my desk, I notice many items that can be harmful. For one, a rubber band. If I am putting the rubber band on a stack of papers and it flies off and hits someone in the eye, due I sue the rubber band maker? If I stick my finger under the automatic stapler and puncture my finger, whoís fault is that? Come on people, letís watch our children and take responsibility for using items that are meant to be used in a different manner.

Food for thought, isnít it silly that plastic bag users must put a warning on the bag not to let your children play with the bag that it is not a toy. Where is the common sense of people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scotch Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pagan's MC Member Sentenced to 28 Years (Dec '07) Aug 10 Legacy 796
News Union County Deer Hunt Starts Monday in Cranford (Jan '16) Aug 5 CranfordDeer 3
News Bernardsville hunter searches for local ghost (Dec '07) Jul 28 LOU 19
Jennifer teitelman Jul '17 None ya 1
News A July 4th trip on New Jersey's Revolutionary W... Jul '17 Corrupt NJ 1
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Jul '17 Will 156
Plainfield riots - 1967 (Sep '07) Jul '17 Will 98

Scotch Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scotch Plains Mortgages