Union Co.: More detectives added to c...

Union Co.: More detectives added to child homicide case

There are 6 comments on the Courier News story from Nov 13, 2007, titled Union Co.: More detectives added to child homicide case. In it, Courier News reports that:

“We're asking for the public's help.”

A dozen additional detectives have been added to the homicide investigation team looking into the shooting death Monday of a 13-year-old boy in Elizabeth, according to Prosecutor Theodore J. Romankow. via Courier News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier News.

gianna

Trenton, NJ

#1 Nov 13, 2007
thats not right i knew iseah man he was a good kid
Natasha

Manhasset, NY

#2 Nov 13, 2007
The main point is where where the parents at this time. What was a 13 year old boy doing out so late at night.
Jorge

Glen Head, NY

#3 Nov 13, 2007
What has happened here is very unfortunate, and may my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and those who new him. But in no way did this kid deserve to lose his life in the street that way.

I hope we can all learn from this tragedy, because we cannot "pass the buck" (as they say)on to the police in this case. If there's anything that's going to be done, why wait for the cops, we need to accept responsability as parents and neighbors. This could have definitely been avoided if the parents were alittle bit more involved in what their kids do and who they do it with.

Not only did Elijah fall victim to the street violence that gangs encourage, which bye the way, has become a huge problem here in Elizabeth. But has also fallen victim to irresponsability bye his parents. I think we should stop pointing the finger at each other blaming everyone who is at fault and come together as a community and find the person who pulled the trigger.
S_BELL

Annapolis, MD

#4 Nov 15, 2007
Natasha wrote:
The main point is where where the parents at this time. What was a 13 year old boy doing out so late at night.
We are missing the point. We all want that answer but lets ask a few more:
Why cant any child be free to be outside at any given time? We should not live in fear, if it wasnt a child it could have been an adult?
Where is the love? Who are the shooter's parents?
Why is it that we can be so comfortable to kill anyone?
Where are the fathers?
Malia

Croydon, PA

#5 Nov 16, 2007
I am very sad about the recent tragic events, which occured in my neighborhood. I think it is time to for us to stand up and take our streets back, I understand that people are afraid to be assaulted or killed even, if you really think about it,its already happening anyway so why not die fighting and taking a stand rather than die in fear sitting down. We forget about how far we came and those who fought to get us thus far. I say we start caaling the police at the sign of any suspicious activity drug,violence,domestic disputes, anything you do not need to give a name, just make the call and you may save someones life,"MAYBE YOUR OWN". I do not know about you but i think i would rest a little better knowing that i took a stand for something that could change the world forever. May Elijah rest in peace! I hope they catch the misguided individual who brought his life to an abrupt end, and his family and friends get closure. GOD BLESS!
I love you

AOL

#6 Nov 30, 2007
You know everyone can judge a book by it cover but do you know the heart of a man. A homeless man has more heart on the inside then he does on the out side. The book only tells the out part of a man but can you see the tears, the pain, and the hurt of a loving mother who is now so sadden about letting her child visit a friend and was told to call her when he was ready to come home. No! You people just go on saying things you don't know anything about. Let God be the judge and I can guarantee that you can't even toss the first stone. God is the judge and the re-payer. God said that vengeance is his. He will come down with judgment upon sinner, and that a person's life is not to be taken by man, God said that their is a set time that he will visit those who bring down the nations with evil, that these men walk like they are in Sodom and that they have the right to take innocents lives. But now say GOD! Christ is soon to come back and every man who has done wrong in their body rather by word or deed will pay. My nephew was saved and I will see him again and for those who don't know the full story should be silent and pray that nothing evil will happen to someone you love. It is not about the time or the place. It is about man having respect for someone else life. If you have no respect for others what does that say about yourself. Your life, your morals, your pain, your heart. It is high time that we all take responsibility for our actions. It is not man who is doing all these ruthless killings but the DEVIL and his demons is behind this all. The Bible says we do not wrestle with flesh and blood but with the spirit behind the man. And I have to say that the spirit behind most of the people who made negative comments may as well be standing with the shooter and just as guilty as pulling the trigger. Man can not live only to hurt others but to walk in love for his brother and I can say Elijah had love for others and he respected others. So what he had us some signs, People are always looking for the bad to plead their case. He was a "A" student. More than we can say about others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scotch Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dining set - 1 table and 6 chairs for sale Sun Sallyanne Oettinger 2
Compressor for air conditioner Sun Sallyanne Oettinger 1
News Pagan's MC Member Sentenced to 28 Years (Dec '07) May 11 Karma 793
Plainfield riots - 1967 (Sep '07) Apr '17 beanakat 99
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Apr '17 paulh 153
News Alcohol available on Wildwood, NJ boardwalk; fi... (Aug '10) Mar '17 Boardwalk-bartender 8
News Scotch Plains man pleads guilty to bilking rest... (Feb '08) Dec '16 Me mysef and I 60

Scotch Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scotch Plains Mortgages