Tony

Rahway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

I needed to trade in a couple old sports titles back when it first opened. I got a decent amount of trade in credit then, and wanted to buy the DS game, Contra 4. It was ultra rare, and I wanted to buy it. They didnt have it in stock, and they said to look around.

I looked and looked, and I saw Ghostbusters, and wanted to try it out. The lady interrupted me and said "Try Ice Age!" enough times that both me and my mother wanted to strangle her just to shut her up. I was 13 at the time, and Ice Age was simply too dang young for me. They let me try Ghostbusters, but I couldn't play it. It took 10 minutes just for the lady to get the disc and pop it into the PS3. Then there was a 20 minute install...

So they resolved that they would order Contra 4 and have it in a week. 4 weeks later and several visits (since they wouldn't bother to inform us that there was no game), I got the game and never went back.
Josiah

Bowie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Screw people who try to say this store isn't shit. I'm almost convinced its the owners just trying to back themselves up. You have to be deaf dumb and blind to not realize how horrible the place is, in all aspects - customer service, appearance, management, just overall everything. I have never been more disappointed. I literally think the place is probably owned by complete dumbasses who just want to scam the general public and have no sense of business. If you go here YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED. I would be happy if this craphole got shutdown
Josiah

Bowie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Louey wrote:
<quoted text>
You r retarded listening to a youtube post everybody knows that not all reviews about businesses are not true and you will never know the truth unless you go there and experience it for yourself. Who has time to post a video review about a store, get a life.
. LOL "not all reviews about businesses are not true". Oh. Okay. Dumbass.
Josh

Montgomeryville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Josiah wrote:
Screw people who try to say this store isn't shit. I'm almost convinced its the owners just trying to back themselves up. You have to be deaf dumb and blind to not realize how horrible the place is, in all aspects - customer service, appearance, management, just overall everything. I have never been more disappointed. I literally think the place is probably owned by complete dumbasses who just want to scam the general public and have no sense of business. If you go here YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED. I would be happy if this craphole got shutdown
It's flattering you have time to go online and try to bash Slingers Games. I smell another hater! Slingers Games shut down...... dream on! LOL!
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

This place has a lot of vintage things, but the store smells like moth balls, service is shit, and her daughter whines and throws food everywhere. Not professional and very shady.
You are right

Cranford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
This place has a lot of vintage things, but the store smells like moth balls, service is shit, and her daughter whines and throws food everywhere. Not professional and very shady.
I think it is a big load of balls sometimes because you get good trade in deals but other than that it smells, looks like shit in the toilet, and. Bad service, but u can play games when u have a membership but screw that.
jared masterson

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Yo I think the place is currently getting shutdown from the looks of it. I drive pass there on the way to work and looks rundown. this place is a scumpit and there r roaches all over the place. Seems illegal activity or health inspector caught up with em. I saw a child at the door when the place was closed and the lights off. Creepy as hell bro. Keep your kids away
jared masterson

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Kenny wrote:
Amazing store...too bad it is not a well known store because this stores has GREAT customer service and GREAT deals !
.......... your on crack
jared masterson

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Slingers games equals garbage, your a fool if you go there
Retrogamer

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

jared masterson wrote:
Yo I think the place is currently getting shutdown from the looks of it. I drive pass there on the way to work and looks rundown. this place is a scumpit and there r roaches all over the place. Seems illegal activity or health inspector caught up with em. I saw a child at the door when the place was closed and the lights off. Creepy as hell bro. Keep your kids away
Yea I thought so too.. The past couple of days i tried to stop by maybe to pick up a sega/nintendo game.(high hopes)..The lights are on but no one is in there .. Doors locked . Then all of a sudden lights just go out .. Def a shitty place .. I had high hopes when I first heard about it .. But after goin there awful prices and def smells like crap ..
Mike

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

This place is terrible worst service ever so bad don't answer the phone they don't care about customers they don't anything they get annoyed if u dare ask them a question or check something they lie there are horrible they should close before they piss the wrong person off
anonymous

South Amboy, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

this place is nasty as hell. when I first went to play games all i see is a roach crawling over that nasty ass floor. Second, That light skin lady at the front desk has her two demon children running around the place and throwing half-way across the store. When I went over there to get a game, I took it home put it into my Xbox 360 and the disk was unreadable . So I went back the next day so she can fix and the game still did't work. So when I went the third day i asked for a different copy of the game, this hefer tells me that her son has it home playing the game. What type of fucking game store sells games and lets her children take it home to play. Then when it comes back to the store it doesn't work and she sells it to you. NEVER COME TO THIS ILLEGAL GAME STORE/DAYCARE!!!
anonymous

South Amboy, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

by the way her children shit on the floor
dayna

Hillsborough, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

i heard from a friend that the little kids that are there will be going to school soon and that the family lives far from the location. hopefully things will get better at Slingers. best of luck to the new employees (i heard there are a few new ones there)!:)
Danny

Roselle Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

kristiiiiii wrote:
ok so this place sucks harder than an airplane toilet. first of all the place smells like shit. second of all, i swear the guys there are gay because i showed my tits to one of them and he didn't even give me black ops for free. what a lameass store.
I'll give you my black ops if you show me your tits. Lol
Jay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Would be nice to see the store change to a video game store and not a daycare center with the smell of a soiled diaper. The manager behind the counter is a mess just like the store. I had my playstation repaired there. It worked for a few months then it shut down. I then brought it to a different repair store and watched them repair my PS. When they opened it screws were missing and the ground wire was very loose. Slingers repair service was not efficient or sufficient. Then you will wait till the end of time before the call you for your order. Terrible service!!!!
Jay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Slingers licks King Kong and Godzilla balls!!!!!
Kofflo

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

There is a summons notice on their door right now

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scotch Plains Discussions

Search the Scotch Plains Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
mountain lion or bobcat in clark Jul 4 George 1
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Jun 24 Will F 126
Embattled North Plainfield Rescue Squad's build... (Feb '13) Jun '14 Concern Citizen 6
Plainfield riots - 1967 (Sep '07) May '14 Elizabeth Gleason LaTorre 77
Pagan's MC Member Sentenced to 28 Years (Dec '07) May '14 gang member 755
New Jersey American Water to resume treating wa... Apr '14 Lord Helmet 2
Richard Peter 'Pops' Ricciardelli, 75, of Colon... (May '07) Apr '14 Meme 2
•••
•••

Scotch Plains News Video

•••
•••

Scotch Plains Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000