Dedicated parishioners solemnly mark ...

Dedicated parishioners solemnly mark milestone

There are 23 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from May 9, 2010, titled Dedicated parishioners solemnly mark milestone. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

This is the irony of St. Stanislaus Kostka Church: The church is supposed to close, but the community is only getting stronger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Plausible Paul

Honolulu, HI

#21 May 11, 2010
master of disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Plausible Paul? More like Tiny Tim.
Maybe your god will get hold of the Nazi pope and tell him to reinstate the lamedicks of Adams- after all, there's money to be made, right?
Let it go. Stop the hating. Catholic Charities organization helping the poor and sick all around the world, now that's money grubbing and evil isn't it? Is their an "Atheist Charities" organization helping the poor and sick around the world or do atheist just like to mock those of faith?
cheshire

Clockville, NY

#22 May 12, 2010
buy a used jesus wrote:
The article says:
The building no longer hosts prayer services, Tomkowicz said. But there are regular rosary sessions.
"My understanding is that you can pray anywhere," he said.
You can pray anywhere, yet these people fight to pray only at a closed church.
Clinging to religion- how quaint- how pathetic- how 12th Century.
when will you all give up its pathetic,worshiping a building instead of god and the berkshire eagle doesnt help by giving them coverage'god is in the heart not a building.better off using their time and money helping the needy in the community
Rudy

Middlefield, MA

#23 May 12, 2010
I do WONDER why the city of Pittsfield is NOT receiving property taxes on the empty Catholic churches.???????

I lost my church - it is vacant as many others, is it true Pittsfield has to wait a few years before taxing them??

The Spfd diocese closed these churches and are responsible for them. They take up nice property and we are getting zero property tax. Let's get with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scituate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mountain lion in Petersham? Owner of injured ho... Nov '16 big Cats where it... 1
Misconduct Charges Against Plymouth Cty Family... (Jan '08) Sep '16 Mee 234
Hevea natural parquet tiles (Jul '16) Jul '16 Miryam2016 1
Before Di Nero's (Jun '16) Jun '16 Buns Quackie 2
News Town of Hull now woos NOAA researchers (May '16) May '16 Deborah Bayer 1
Review: Sandcastle Homes (Aug '13) Apr '16 neegan 42
Ratata (Mar '16) Mar '16 ratata 1

Scituate Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scituate Mortgages