Quinn Bill, and educated cops it deve...

Quinn Bill, and educated cops it develops, is a no-brainer

There are 49 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Quinn Bill, and educated cops it develops, is a no-brainer. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

That is what Bob Quinn -- former speaker of the Massachusetts House, attorney general and unsuccessful candidate for governor -- tells people, including a security guard at Boston College, who hailed him as "Bill" the other day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#45 Apr 9, 2010
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>Call me dense but I wasn't actually sure what you were saying or which side you were supporting.
Do you sincerely believe that cops are heroes or is that sarcasm and are you for or against the Quinn Bill?
Ditto.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#47 Apr 10, 2010
F Roark-American Hero wrote:
<quoted text>We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? Flagmen??You have the luxury of not knowing what I know.We use words like Quinn bill,Road details, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a person who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.
Don't flagmen direct traffic?
Santiago

Granby, CT

#48 Apr 10, 2010
Does'nt traffic direct flagmen? It's like the tail wagging the dog, well Frank? You've got to ask yourself, do you feel lucky? Well, Frank? My hero.
Nelson

Montgomery, AL

#50 Apr 12, 2010
Zippo wrote:
Okay, why would you even talk about taking a 10% pay cut. Did you take a pay cut of 10% when you are underpaid to begin with?
No, but you said it wasn't a perk - that it was salary. So I asked you that question because I believe it is a perk even if it equates to salary.
Amused

Newton Center, MA

#51 Apr 12, 2010
Zippo wrote:
Okay, why would you even talk about taking a 10% pay cut. Did you take a pay cut of 10% when you are underpaid to begin with?
You haven't been reading the papers much, I guess. People in the dreaded private sector have been taking pay cuts, having their hours cut, seen their health insurance premiums go up while their coverage goes down, with higher co-pays and deductibles. Emplolyers in the private sector have asked employees for all these concessions and more, and have still laid off many workers, asking those remaining to work harder and be more productive for less money. That's what happens when the economy goes bad. In case you haven't noticed, we are in a recession, the worst since the Great Depression. During the Depression, the City went broke, and firefighters and police officers went unpaid for weeks at a time. Those public servants still showed up for duty and did their jobs. Today, if things came to that, there would be no police on the street.
Local

Northborough, MA

#52 Apr 12, 2010
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't been reading the papers much, I guess. People in the dreaded private sector have been taking pay cuts, having their hours cut, seen their health insurance premiums go up while their coverage goes down, with higher co-pays and deductibles. Emplolyers in the private sector have asked employees for all these concessions and more, and have still laid off many workers, asking those remaining to work harder and be more productive for less money. That's what happens when the economy goes bad. In case you haven't noticed, we are in a recession, the worst since the Great Depression. During the Depression, the City went broke, and firefighters and police officers went unpaid for weeks at a time. Those public servants still showed up for duty and did their jobs. Today, if things came to that, there would be no police on the street.
You mean like the New Orleans police after Katrina. How many on the force took off. Their my heroes.
Zippo

Lowell, MA

#53 Apr 13, 2010
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously its YOU who havent been keeping up to date on the news. The police have been asked to do so much more with so much less. Crime rates have been skyrocketing, shootings, robberies, home,car breaks everywhere and less and less cops on the streets. Yet, here we have a select number of officers who work 80plus hours a week to support their families and make what a person who works 80 plus hours a week makes and people jump right on their backs for doing so. This is what people did in those silver lining days that you speak, they worked two to three jobs to make ends meet. Do you not think that it is possible that these cops have spouses at home who have been laid off, family members to support etc...The opportunity arises for them to make the money and they do it. By the way, do not group the very few who make all that money into the whole department. Most are making far less than that.
Highly Disturbed

Hudson, MA

#55 Apr 16, 2010
F Roark-American Hero wrote:
<quoted text>We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? Flagmen??You have the luxury of not knowing what I know.We use words like Quinn bill,Road details, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a person who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.
So you operate on a higher thinking plane than everyone else and operate with your own unique sense of justice and ethics, which you dont have the time or inclination to explain. OR, you cant explain it because you see the world through your own reality. Sounds like classic naricisstic personality disorder to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_per...

Narcissism is usually associated with psychopathic behavior and often characterizes sex offenders, especially those who prey on children.

Someone needs to find out quickly who pinned a badge on this F-Roarke, who considers himself to be his own private American hero before he ends up in bed with one of my 12 year old daughter's friends.
Ollie

Brighton, MA

#57 Apr 22, 2010
Jeffrey Dahmer was a narcissist...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scituate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hevea natural parquet tiles Jul '16 Miryam2016 1
Before Di Nero's Jun '16 Buns Quackie 2
News Town of Hull now woos NOAA researchers May '16 Deborah Bayer 1
Review: Sandcastle Homes (Aug '13) Apr '16 neegan 42
Ratata Mar '16 ratata 1
News 'I snapped'; Benoit pleads not guilty in slayin... (Mar '07) Mar '16 brant 37
News Blizzard warning in New England (Feb '16) Feb '16 Mets Fan Forever 1

Scituate Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scituate Mortgages