City, - Sentinel & Enterprise

City, - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 10 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Oct 29, 2009, titled City, - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

City councilors voted to pay a $300,000 settlement to the dispatchers union at a Finance Committee meeting on Wednesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

resident

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Oct 29, 2009
wiill the cut include her chief of staff..
maybe this time

Leominster, MA

#2 Oct 29, 2009
resident wrote:
wiill the cut include her chief of staff..
She tried to cut him during the last round of budgets cuts, but it was the city council - Conry specifically - who objected and put him back in the budget.
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Oct 29, 2009
It could have cost the city alot more, giving each dispatcher $30,000 for violating their contract was a bargain for the city, especially when the city clearly violated the law.

The city council did not save any police officer jobs due to the illegal job action, because they all ended up being inside dispatching.

Bad decision by the city, and we continue to pay for it.
what to do

Worcester, MA

#4 Oct 29, 2009
They were lucky it was only 300K. Could have bee 4 times that!
lucky

Princeton, KY

#5 Oct 29, 2009
Wow the city got away with one good luck to the dispatchers I hope your all well.
Algernon P Lindquist

Hopkinton, MA

#6 Oct 29, 2009
Allz I know is that this unfortunate decision would not have been made if RON DIONNE had been Mayor.
When are you people going to wake up?
JimC

Lawrence, MA

#7 Oct 29, 2009
Another brilliant move buy our elected officials to cost us, the taxpayers even more money. Hey, it's not their money so what the heck. Spend, spend, spend. I would think who ever made the decision to create this mess should resign. If they had a real job and work for a private concern the would of been fired. But, alas working for the city that is not the case.
Blueboy

Newton Upper Falls, MA

#8 Oct 29, 2009
It's time to get rid of these councilors that do nothing but continually cost this city money by making poor and unlawful decisions. USE YOUR VOTE on election day.
Mark

North Billerica, MA

#9 Oct 29, 2009
Hay takes no responsibility. He is a big part of the problem. Why doesn't anyone blame this moron for the problems Fitchburg is facing?
Actually

United States

#10 Oct 29, 2009
Algernon P Lindquist wrote:
Allz I know is that this unfortunate decision would not have been made if RON DIONNE had been Mayor.
When are you people going to wake up?
It happened when Mylott was mayor. I don't remember Ron Dionne running for mayor against Mylott, did he? But I do think he played a big part by getting the budget to the council too late for proper scrutiny of this idea (raised by "Jay" Cruz, as I recall). No incumbent councillor is innocent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scituate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Misconduct Charges Against Plymouth Cty Family... (Jan '08) Jan 29 Joanne 236
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Jan 26 Carol white 11
News Mountain lion in Petersham? Owner of injured ho... Nov '16 big Cats where it... 1
Hevea natural parquet tiles (Jul '16) Jul '16 Miryam2016 1
Before Di Nero's (Jun '16) Jun '16 Buns Quackie 2
News Town of Hull now woos NOAA researchers (May '16) May '16 Deborah Bayer 1
Review: Sandcastle Homes (Aug '13) Apr '16 neegan 42

Scituate Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scituate Mortgages