Youth soccer coach's joke taken to heart

Youth soccer coach's joke taken to heart

There are 8 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Mar 31, 2009, titled Youth soccer coach's joke taken to heart. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

A Massachusetts youth soccer coach told parents in an e-mail his team of 6- and 7-year-old girls would be known as "Green Death," encouraged them to feed their daughters "undercooked red meat" and said "losing is for losers." Coach Michael Kinahan has since resigned from the Scituate Youth Soccer League.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Juni Perez

Rochester, NY

#1 Apr 1, 2009
Parents THAT over-sensitive should have their little girls in ballet classes instead of a field sport.
A parent

AOL

#2 Apr 1, 2009
Give me a break...and people wonder why no one wants to coach our kids anymore.
Mr Stratford

Bristol, CT

#3 Apr 1, 2009
Seems like the coach had a sense of humor. Too bad that political correctness does not allow for such a thing...
Capricious

Newington, CT

#4 Apr 1, 2009
lol, I like this guy. Some parents need to get over themselves. All they had to do was go talk to the man if they didnt like it....
CARL

Bayonne, NJ

#5 Apr 1, 2009
Sometimes a slip of the tongue can cause a pink slip for you
Mr Stratford

Bristol, CT

#6 Apr 1, 2009
CARL wrote:
Sometimes a slip of the tongue can cause a pink slip for you
or a promotion....
lol
Where is the fun

Orange, CT

#7 Apr 1, 2009
These youth leagues should be for fun and to meet friends. People are getting to in to it...
honesty

Shelton, CT

#8 Apr 1, 2009
I don't find his comments offensive..they were meant for the adults who should be able to handle a little humour. Sounds like a fun town. The girls probably would have had a blast with him as coach..and isn't that the point really? Sounds like some uptight mommies up there in Scituate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scituate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joshua Preston Nov 19 concerned19 1
judicial bias (Apr '17) Sep '17 MsReality 2
Property line Aug '17 Kent Dorfman 1
Review: Sandcastle Homes (Aug '13) Jun '17 Former employee 43
Boycott Hingham Stop and Shop Falsley Accusing ... (May '08) May '17 Hingham 32
handyman/carpenter (May '17) May '17 flowergirl 1
Station eight (Mar '17) May '17 test 2

Scituate Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance