Student is banned from UMass Lowell a...

Student is banned from UMass Lowell and city

There are 92 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Apr 16, 2009, titled Student is banned from UMass Lowell and city. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A UMass Lowell student has been forced out of school and banned from the city after being accused of trying to kill a classmate in a case that centers around some stolen marijuana-laced brownies, according to his attorney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Sk1ds

Lowell, MA

#81 Apr 22, 2009
True. Though most ppl who use harder drugs have used MJ first, they have always used alcohol and cigarettes, so it being a gateway drug is irrelvant.

Rarely anybody done anything bad by using marijuana. Potheads are usually nice. Never hear anybody smoking weed and killing ppl on the roads. That's alcohol. I believe that if MJ was legal, the police would lose a lot of money because they can't arrest them for illegal posession or crimes associate with smoking weed because rarely anybody do anything bad from being high.
Tune In wrote:
why does everyone think mj is a gateway drug instead of a medicine? mj is not a gateway drug. it has been around for thousands of years and if smoked responsibly it can do wonders for people who are sick, depressed or even just want to relax.
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#82 Apr 22, 2009
Tune In wrote:
why does everyone think mj is a gateway drug instead of a medicine? mj is not a gateway drug. it has been around for thousands of years and if smoked responsibly it can do wonders for people who are sick, depressed or even just want to relax.
Another brainwashed pothead.I suppose you never heard of LUNG CANCER
Common sense

Lowell, MA

#83 Apr 22, 2009
Dr Mo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be a very effective role model if you have already judged and convicted a young guy about whom you've read ONE story about from the Lowell Sun. I don't know this kid from a hole in the wall, but others here think he's disposable, read the comments. Judgmental and contrite people are all over this site.
Someone who violently abuses someone just didn't have the one episode. Behavior like this festers like a growing mold. And a high and mighty poster on here actually stated that he is a troubled individual and that we need to have compassion for him. That is exactly what set off the fire storm. Most people are tired of hearing the excuse of having a troubled childhood or rearing for acting out like this. Just about every one of us can pretty much state that we've had it tough at one point or another, but again, a conscience comes into play that keeps most of us from acting out violently. This individual demonstrated the fact he does not have this constraint.
Damon Stevens

Boston, MA

#84 Apr 22, 2009
Found this on MMC....seemed pretty topical.

http://www.mrmillcity.com/2009.04.19_arch.htm...
not_retarded

Lowell, MA

#85 Apr 24, 2009
lhs mom wrote:
He was accused? No trial yet?
I didn't realize that we punish people who have not been found guilty of anything.
What if he is found "not guilty" does he get his tuition back?
I guess I'm an old-fashioned girl who expects a trial and all that.
He assaulted a student with a car. I saw it, I was in the class for the inciting incidents. Regardless of whether or not he is punished for attempted murder, I find it incredibly hard to believe you, or anyone thinks he should still be in school.
Bagdad Harry

United States

#86 Apr 24, 2009
See Pot can Kill!
So much for a safe drug!
anoymous

Brookline, NH

#87 Apr 24, 2009
not_retarded wrote:
<quoted text>
He assaulted a student with a car. I saw it, I was in the class for the inciting incidents. Regardless of whether or not he is punished for attempted murder, I find it incredibly hard to believe you, or anyone thinks he should still be in school.
So then every college student who assaults another student should be kicked out of college with out a trial and banned from the town where they go to college. The other kid involved should be kicked out of college as well. This should go for all students on or off campus incidents. Again I do not agree with either of these kids but what is fair is fair.
inside

Lowell, MA

#88 Apr 25, 2009
OldYankee wrote:
This situation could raise some constitutional issues.
Marzilli was banned from Lowell after his incidents.
Steve

Billerica, MA

#89 Apr 26, 2009
anoymous wrote:
<quoted text>So then every college student who assaults another student should be kicked out of college with out a trial and banned from the town where they go to college. The other kid involved should be kicked out of college as well. This should go for all students on or off campus incidents. Again I do not agree with either of these kids but what is fair is fair.
How many times have you seen in a story that one person attempted to run another person over with a car, then proceeded to strangle them? You don't, which is why this is different from other assault cases.
No love for Lincoln

Lowell, MA

#90 Apr 30, 2009
Black man wrote:
Hommie, right on bro...whites are the problem. They should be taxed and that money should go to all african american families who have persecuted for all these years.
NO. abolsutely not. you're stuck
What the heck

Dracut, MA

#91 May 1, 2009
No pot for me wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone I grew up with, everyone I've ever known who smokes marijuana ended up either in a low paying job or in jail.
That was lesson enough for me: pot is for losers.
Like our current president you mean? hahahaha!!!!
You are absolutely right! Pot is for losers!!!!!
the truth

Westfield, MA

#92 May 26, 2011
rape is a natural event. it is humanity that imposes a false negativity with it. by your logic, skids, oyu are admitting to deny everything you can unbderstand through your own eyes and only see life through the eyes of others who tell you what is right. you blind bottomfeeders need to either eliminate yourselv es or develop intellectually pl0x.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scituate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hevea natural parquet tiles Jul '16 Miryam2016 1
Before Di Nero's Jun '16 Buns Quackie 2
News Town of Hull now woos NOAA researchers May '16 Deborah Bayer 1
Review: Sandcastle Homes (Aug '13) Apr '16 neegan 42
Ratata Mar '16 ratata 1
News 'I snapped'; Benoit pleads not guilty in slayin... (Mar '07) Mar '16 brant 37
News Blizzard warning in New England (Feb '16) Feb '16 Mets Fan Forever 1

Scituate Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scituate Mortgages