Student is banned from UMass Lowell a...

Student is banned from UMass Lowell and city

There are 92 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Apr 16, 2009, titled Student is banned from UMass Lowell and city. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A UMass Lowell student has been forced out of school and banned from the city after being accused of trying to kill a classmate in a case that centers around some stolen marijuana-laced brownies, according to his attorney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bob B

Mattapan, MA

#1 Apr 16, 2009
They don't call it "dope" for nothing!
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#2 Apr 16, 2009
A pothead tries killing another pothead over marijuana.If this story was about alcohol instead of marijuana all the hypocrites like MADD, and the other anti-alcohol groups would be ranting and raving about the dangers of alcohol.

Where's the backlash about the dangers of marijuana?How many accidents are caused by people driving high?Everytime there is a drunk driving
accident it is front page news and the person is treated like a serial killer.

“Do NOT Feed the Trolls!!!”

Since: Jul 08

Lowell MA

#3 Apr 16, 2009
LoWeLL 4 LifE wrote:
A pothead tries killing another pothead over marijuana.If this story was about alcohol instead of marijuana all the hypocrites like MADD, and the other anti-alcohol groups would be ranting and raving about the dangers of alcohol.
Where's the backlash about the dangers of marijuana?How many accidents are caused by people driving high?Everytime there is a drunk driving
So you're saying that there should be a stepped up effort to get people that are high on marijuana off the roads?
From Lowell

United States

#4 Apr 16, 2009
LoWeLL 4 LifE wrote:
Do you really believe these things you write or are you just attempting to be a professional troll. Weren't you the one ranting about how sobriety checkpoints are illegal? This seems a bit hypocritical to me.
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#5 Apr 16, 2009
From Lowell wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe these things you write or are you just attempting to be a professional troll. Weren't you the one ranting about how sobriety checkpoints are illegal? This seems a bit hypocritical to me.
No. I'm just curious where the outrage is.Because it's marijuana it's funny to people.But if it was alcohol,people would be screaming to lock this guy up for life "or the next time he will kill somebody"
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#6 Apr 16, 2009
Lowering the Bar wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that there should be a stepped up effort to get people that are high on marijuana off the roads?
No.
Smooth

Bolton, CT

#7 Apr 16, 2009
Deported. Problem solved.
um read much

Clinton, MA

#8 Apr 16, 2009
Lowell 4 life!!
it doesn't say anywhere that they were high at the time... did you read the article. take out MJ and put in Stereo ... he stole his stereo.. trying to put a bad spin on everything because your a bitter old man shouldn't be fun to you
huh Lowell 4 Life? why try and give the MJ a bad rap because 2 kids fought over an "ITEM"... if 1 of them ate the brownies. he probably would have been home watchin cartoons... Get a life old man!
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#9 Apr 16, 2009
um read much wrote:
Lowell 4 life!!
it doesn't say anywhere that they were high at the time... did you read the article. take out MJ and put in Stereo ... he stole his stereo.. trying to put a bad spin on everything because your a bitter old man shouldn't be fun to you
huh Lowell 4 Life? why try and give the MJ a bad rap because 2 kids fought over an "ITEM"... if 1 of them ate the brownies. he probably would have been home watchin cartoons... Get a life old man!
You're another clown who allowed himself to be brainwashed to think that marijuana is harmless.
Insider

Lowell, MA

#10 Apr 16, 2009
Lowell 4 Life,
If you knew the student who got expelled you may change your opinion. The root of this is much deeper than MJ.
abc123

Ipswich, MA

#11 Apr 16, 2009
that's the difference between a drug dealer and a pothead.
lhs mom

Haverhill, MA

#12 Apr 16, 2009
He was accused? No trial yet?
I didn't realize that we punish people who have not been found guilty of anything.

What if he is found "not guilty" does he get his tuition back?
I guess I'm an old-fashioned girl who expects a trial and all that.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#13 Apr 16, 2009
What's happening to this society? It's like you can't attempt to kill people over illicit drugs anymore...
funny

Lowell, MA

#14 Apr 16, 2009
those wacky caucasian
Downwithhope

Wellesley, MA

#15 Apr 16, 2009
This moron was well known as a sketchy thief. Scumbag
ABC123

Chelmsford, MA

#16 Apr 16, 2009
So wait he is banned from the city of lowell. Yet his court appearance is in lowell. Sounds like a loop hole if he doesn't want to show up to court.

Judge- I need a legitimate answer as to why you never showed up to your hearing.

Stupid kid doing stupid things- Well your honor you banned me from lowell.
ABC123

Chelmsford, MA

#17 Apr 16, 2009
abc123 wrote:
that's the difference between a drug dealer and a pothead.
HOW THE HELL DARE YOU TAKE MY NAME YOU SCAVENGER!.
No pot for me

Dracut, MA

#18 Apr 16, 2009
LoWeLL 4 LifE wrote:
<quoted text>
You're another clown who allowed himself to be brainwashed to think that marijuana is harmless.
Everyone I grew up with, everyone I've ever known who smokes marijuana ended up either in a low paying job or in jail.

That was lesson enough for me: pot is for losers.
Sk1ds

Lowell, MA

#19 Apr 16, 2009
Well, everybody kinda saw him doing it..lol. It's kinda like if a guy was seen by many ppl raping a little girl. Do u want to wait for a trial???

I don't think it's fair to the kid though because many ppl do worst in Lowell...and are still here.
lhs mom wrote:
He was accused? No trial yet?
I didn't realize that we punish people who have not been found guilty of anything.
What if he is found "not guilty" does he get his tuition back?
I guess I'm an old-fashioned girl who expects a trial and all that.
Cheech

Tewksbury, MA

#20 Apr 16, 2009
Hey man far out. Sister Mary elephant would not be happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scituate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Before Di Nero's Jun 14 Buns Quackie 2
News Town of Hull now woos NOAA researchers May '16 Deborah Bayer 1
Review: Sandcastle Homes (Aug '13) Apr '16 neegan 42
Ratata Mar '16 ratata 1
News 'I snapped'; Benoit pleads not guilty in slayin... (Mar '07) Mar '16 brant 37
Review: Hingham Dentistry - Virginia Shahinian DDS (Jan '11) Feb '16 BillS 11
News Blizzard warning in New England Feb '16 Mets Fan Forever 1

Scituate Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scituate Mortgages