Plank Road and Rt. 73 Traffic in Schw...

Plank Road and Rt. 73 Traffic in Schwenksville

Posted in the Schwenksville Forum

Gee

Zacata, VA

#1 Apr 18, 2007
Plank Road and Rt. 73 Traffic in Schwenksville

How many people are fed up with the traffic on Plank Road and at Rt.73 & Rt. 29 going into Schwenksville?
There is no other way around this mess. If there is an accident or bad weather, forget it! It can be a nightmare.
It can take 5-10 minutes just to move a few blocks.

Why build so many homes if the roads canít handle it? Do you know why, Montgomery County of Planning? Stop pocketing the money and start doing something about it! I have an idea; letís build more homes, school and businesses to make more money for ourselves. Do you plan on doing something about it or do we have to take matters in our own hands?? I can personally say that I have enough with all this traffic.

There are more problems to mention but I don't have all day to list them.

Wake up, canít you see whatís going on; we can.
Allan Bray

Line Lexington, PA

#2 Jul 11, 2007
Uhg, I can agree all too much, its insanity...

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Jan 1, 2008
I'd just like to ask if there are any suggestions (reasonable!) for ways to alleviate the problem. I do agree that it's an issue, and also can't figure out the planning brains behind some of the stuff we see.

There are many areas where we see more lanes added, shoulders widened, and the traffic gets worse rather than better (and we get more stormwater runoff, too). Sometimes the answer could be as simple as disallowing a left turn somewhere, or changing the length of a turn lane, etc.

Let's see if we can come up with some practical suggestions, and maybe it could get some action.
perkie

Levittown, PA

#4 Jan 19, 2008
It's just as bad further south on 29, at the intersection of 113 and 29, near Rahns construction. The rush hour traffic there is unreal. Heard they're building 500 new homes off Forty Fort Road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schwenksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Mother's Love Child Care Center - Collegevill... Jul 23 collegevillemom 1
Reliable Moving/storage companies Jul 21 Muffin 2
Chesterbrook Academy v. Play & Learn Jul 15 Anonymous 2
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Jul 13 Musikologist 19
Precious Moments Childcare (Jan '14) Jun '15 Cindy 2
Review: Progressive Family Eyecare - John F Slo... (Mar '11) May '15 HaTu0513 19
Primo's Hoagies (Oct '11) May '15 Baldrick 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schwenksville Mortgages