Zacata, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2007

Plank Road and Rt. 73 Traffic in Schwenksville

How many people are fed up with the traffic on Plank Road and at Rt.73 & Rt. 29 going into Schwenksville?
There is no other way around this mess. If there is an accident or bad weather, forget it! It can be a nightmare.
It can take 5-10 minutes just to move a few blocks.

Why build so many homes if the roads canít handle it? Do you know why, Montgomery County of Planning? Stop pocketing the money and start doing something about it! I have an idea; letís build more homes, school and businesses to make more money for ourselves. Do you plan on doing something about it or do we have to take matters in our own hands?? I can personally say that I have enough with all this traffic.

There are more problems to mention but I don't have all day to list them.

Wake up, canít you see whatís going on; we can.
Allan Bray

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2007

Uhg, I can agree all too much, its insanity...

Since: Dec 07

Schwenksville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

I'd just like to ask if there are any suggestions (reasonable!) for ways to alleviate the problem. I do agree that it's an issue, and also can't figure out the planning brains behind some of the stuff we see.

There are many areas where we see more lanes added, shoulders widened, and the traffic gets worse rather than better (and we get more stormwater runoff, too). Sometimes the answer could be as simple as disallowing a left turn somewhere, or changing the length of a turn lane, etc.

Let's see if we can come up with some practical suggestions, and maybe it could get some action.
perkie

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2008

It's just as bad further south on 29, at the intersection of 113 and 29, near Rahns construction. The rush hour traffic there is unreal. Heard they're building 500 new homes off Forty Fort Road.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Schwenksville Discussions

Search the Schwenksville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 3 hr Slick Willie 51,412
Police traffic control Block Rock & 29 6 hr RofoRes 3
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 12 hr Independent Voter 3,557
Route 422 (Jan '09) Apr 16 Uhhhh no 20
Providence Town Center-Phase 2 (Mar '10) Apr 15 Parking Is an Issue 284
Carpet cleaning recs in collegeville? Apr 13 Tina 1
Anyone know of any art classes for kids in the ... (Jun '10) Apr 12 Tom 9
•••

Freeze Warning for Montgomery County was issued at April 24 at 7:02PM EDT

•••
•••

Schwenksville News Video

•••
•••

Schwenksville Jobs