Hoping to stop exodus of young people

Hoping to stop exodus of young people

There are 7 comments on the Times News story from Jul 16, 2013, titled Hoping to stop exodus of young people. In it, Times News reports that:

As the result of a youth summit hosted by Schuylkill County Commissioners George Halcovage and Gary Hess, as well as Kay Jones of Schuylkill County's VISION program, 16 areas schools are moving forth with plans to make the county a more livable place for their generation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

scrappie drappie

Selinsgrove, PA

#1 Jul 17, 2013
they better do something. these young kids are fighting for living space under the bridge. the future doesn't look bright.
Civilized

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jul 24, 2013
With a psycho police chief on the loose threatening the lives of those that aren't crazy thinking like him....RUN KIDS, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! Get out while you can, the rest of American isn't faux-nuz-fox crazy like the leaders of your county appear to be.
Mary

Baltimore, MD

#3 Jul 24, 2013
I just hope the school board does something about this. He should be no where near children.
Civilized

Marianna, AR

#4 Jul 24, 2013
If my school board didn't act immediately on this situation, then I would say you can't trust anyone on that board. And if it was not dealt with within 24hrs EVERY parent should be phoning, emailing and walking out in front of the superintendents office with signs expressing their concerns, anger, questions, etc. "libtard"? "f*** yourselves"? And the instability just goes on and on. THIS is the mentality, character, actions of the adults on your school board in charge of the "best interest" of your children? Your "leader" of the boroughs "public safety"? OH MY GOD!
I read in the comments at another site that a couple of years ago this mayor of yours also got this same unstable officer off of a drunken driving incident, is this true?
I don't know about your part of the country but in our area at the academy officers are taught they represent the "police force" 24/7, they are public servants and protectors. For that rule alone this radical extremist that promoted the shooting of a congress person, a revolution, the out of control ranting & cursing at persons of a different political & moral opinion. In doing so his words tell you he hates democracy, he believes only those with opinions that agree with him have rights. Take your pick...fired-fired-fired-fired . And STILL being on the school board? OMG, it's UNbelievable!
Sam Witches

Selinsgrove, PA

#5 Jul 25, 2013
he's nuttier than a popcorn kernal.
skittles

Hazleton, PA

#6 Jul 25, 2013
lots of black brothers from philly and nyc comin into the area, with business opertunities, yo.

"naked young girls needed to package bags of crack. cant wear clothes, as to prevent stealing crack.$15 an hour starting wage, depending on how good you look naked."---please post this at nearest welfare/unemployment office.
Livingston

Hazleton, PA

#7 Sep 13, 2013
There is no oppurtunities for kids. I am gone right after graduation from Penn. Honestly only junkies, alkies and convicted sex offenders stay in this area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schuylkill Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pottsville Salvation Army Needs Donations of Ch... 5 hr word to ur moms 13
West Side Love Affair 20 hr Westside Drains B... 4
Winter Storm Advisory Dec 15 wnep 8
Ain't got no damn sound Dec 13 Consuelo Gonzalez 14
pictures of Al Franken groping sleeping woman Dec 11 Clarification Fa... 31
I buttphawked John Liptok 👬 Dec 10 Santa 14
News Yuengling hints at bringing its beer to Michigan Dec 10 J Liptok is a loo... 6

Schuylkill Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schuylkill Haven Mortgages