2 Teens Acquitted Of Serious Charges

2 Teens Acquitted Of Serious Charges

There are 743 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 2, 2009, titled 2 Teens Acquitted Of Serious Charges. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Schuylkill County jury late Friday acquitted two Shenandoah teens of all serious charges in the fatal beating of an illegal immigrant from Mexico, even though the jury foreman said he considers them ''racists.'' The jury found Brandon Piekarsky, 17, not guilty of third-degree murder and voluntary and involuntary manslaughter, and Derrick Donchak, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 38
Next Last
bak1123

Upper Darby, PA

#1 May 2, 2009
This is a disgrace to the american justice system.O this court room and jurors are just idiots.
mac 8

Fort Myers, FL

#2 May 2, 2009
Wow, Schuykill & Carbon the only places left where you can get away with something like this. The red neck capitol of PA. This looks like something from Mississippi back in 1954.
Biased jury

Ashburn, VA

#3 May 2, 2009
bak1123 wrote:
This is a disgrace to the american justice system.O this court room and jurors are just idiots.
I agree. Witness bought for lesser charges, and the killers walk free on the streets.

I wonder what will be their next target on the next drinking binge? But no worries, they'll get away with that too.

It was known all along by most that they'd get off scott free. The jury couldn't separate the 'immigrant' from a plain and simple 'murder'.

How amazingly cruel to label murders as heroes for 'cleaning up their town' of people they don't like being there. Ah, yes...the good Christian folks, churchgoing, hard working Americans. I guess that goes out the window when it comes to 'Thou shalt not kill' if it's someone of another race.

Racist hate at it's worst.
Biased jury

Ashburn, VA

#10 May 2, 2009
Oh, and by the way...what about Quinn and the Kutztown murders?

Oh, that's right they were convicted because their victim was white.
Biased jury

Ashburn, VA

#11 May 2, 2009
I agree that illegal aliens should either go through the system to become legal, and then to become citizens if they want to be here. I am NOT for illegal aliens getting benefits in America.

But this is not about that, it's about murder.
comment

Korea

#12 May 2, 2009
A outcome of this is predicated on ineptness of
1. Proper investigation and locking in testimony.
2. Ineptness of District Attorney to put together a compelling case.

All of these men should have not walked for anything lesser than voluntary manslaughter.

This is an insiders game whereby the police and prosecutors of this region gift packaged a trial to the defense. This case should have never been heard in that county. It should have been moved to another county.

I can not fathom how inept the prosecutor was in the is case. This should have been a slam dunk for voluntary manslaugher and a host of other charges.

This is again another embarassment of the legal system in Pennsylvania. Between corrupt PA Supreme Court Justics who have been convicted, County Court of Common Pleas judges in Luzerne convicted, State Police convicted of a number of crimes, we now have trials that result in such outcomes due to sandbaging by local prosecutors.

Berks_Iraq_Vet

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#15 May 2, 2009
If he would not have broken US Immigration Laws he'd still be alive. Then there is that pedophile thing.......
Disgusted

AOL

#21 May 2, 2009
The only good illegal alien is a dead illegal alien.

Deporting them does not work because they're back here - breaking the laws and stealing our jobs - within a few short weeks. These guys merely did what our criminal justice system and our government should be doing to protect us, but don't.
Hello World

Philadelphia, PA

#24 May 2, 2009
comment wrote:
A outcome of this is predicated on ineptness of
1. Proper investigation and locking in testimony.
2. Ineptness of District Attorney to put together a compelling case.
All of these men should have not walked for anything lesser than voluntary manslaughter.
This is an insiders game whereby the police and prosecutors of this region gift packaged a trial to the defense. This case should have never been heard in that county. It should have been moved to another county.
I can not fathom how inept the prosecutor was in the is case. This should have been a slam dunk for voluntary manslaugher and a host of other charges.
This is again another embarassment of the legal system in Pennsylvania. Between corrupt PA Supreme Court Justics who have been convicted, County Court of Common Pleas judges in Luzerne convicted, State Police convicted of a number of crimes, we now have trials that result in such outcomes due to sandbaging by local prosecutors.
I completely agree with you. No wonder other states have no respect for Pennsylvania.

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall

#25 May 2, 2009
You bunch of idiots think it is alright for a man to assault children in the park? You think it is just fine if he molests 14 year old girls? You don't find it funny that he was in such fear he called his friends to go after the boys instead of calling the police? He took off his shirt, chain, and wallet then chased the boys down and punched the smallest one in the back of his head six times. That is alright with you morons though. By 5 o'clock they had an 11-1 vote for total aquital. One pain in the rear got them the least of charges. At least the jusy had more brains than you all!!!!!
Ben

Huntington Park, CA

#26 May 2, 2009
The other day a gange of Mexicans shot to death a young black teenager on his way to school. he happen to be walking through a mexican neighborhood.

This is the ugly side of America.
sick shiet

Highland, NY

#27 May 2, 2009
Shenandoah Murderer wrote:
Your town and youth are better off in HELL. GO KILL YOURSELVES . LOSER MURDERERS . YOUR NOTHING BUT MURDERERS. AND SCUM BAGS .
GRACIOUS FOR TELLING THEM MEXICANS IN MEXICO CITY.

gringos need more americans like you to tell them mexicans in mexico city and tijuana---that's why those two scumbag towns have the swine flu to begin with, and all the mexican drug cartel murders.

mexican heroin-cocaine cartel is nothing but losers, scum, and killers!
sick shiet

Highland, NY

#28 May 2, 2009
Hello World wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree with you. No wonder other states have no respect for Pennsylvania.
no wonder other states have no respect for....california, new york, new jersey---all wtt back states with nice and cozy welfare for wtt backs.
hmmmmm

Newfoundland, NJ

#29 May 2, 2009
Disgusted wrote:
The only good illegal alien is a dead illegal alien.
Deporting them does not work because they're back here - breaking the laws and stealing our jobs - within a few short weeks. These guys merely did what our criminal justice system and our government should be doing to protect us, but don't.
Taking our jobs? Feel like shoveling manure in a horse barn? Picking tomatoes, washing dishes? I doubt it. They are not taking jobs that citizens are racing to take. If businesses wouldn't hire them, there would be no jobs, therefore no illegal aliens. Blame the employers for hiring these people. They are the ones who are violating the law and taking advantage of the illegal immigrants.

The last time that I checked, vigilantism was against the law. These a$$hole kids just got a pass to do the same thing again. I seriously doubt that they were defending the country against illegals or a 14 year old's virginity. They were looking for a fight and they found one.
hmmmmm

Newfoundland, NJ

#30 May 2, 2009
sick shiet wrote:
<quoted text>GRACIOUS FOR TELLING THEM MEXICANS IN MEXICO CITY.
gringos need more americans like you to tell them mexicans in mexico city and tijuana---that's why those two scumbag towns have the swine flu to begin with, and all the mexican drug cartel murders.
mexican heroin-cocaine cartel is nothing but losers, scum, and killers!
Where did you attend school? Non-Educational High? Do you not get that people that live in Mexico are very poor and risk coming here to try to financially help their families? If employers didn't hire them, they wouldn't come here.

These kids are thugs and belong in jail.

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Whitehall

#31 May 2, 2009
They won't get upset about that. It isn't PC
Ben wrote:
The other day a gange of Mexicans shot to death a young black teenager on his way to school. he happen to be walking through a mexican neighborhood.
This is the ugly side of America.

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Whitehall

#32 May 2, 2009
These are the kinds of jobs we had in high school and the beginning of college. Blame the employers? Should we also blame the banks for the bank robbers? Hey if we didn't have banks we wouldn't have bank robbers
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking our jobs? Feel like shoveling manure in a horse barn? Picking tomatoes, washing dishes? I doubt it. They are not taking jobs that citizens are racing to take. If businesses wouldn't hire them, there would be no jobs, therefore no illegal aliens. Blame the employers for hiring these people. They are the ones who are violating the law and taking advantage of the illegal immigrants.
The last time that I checked, vigilantism was against the law. These **** hole kids just got a pass to do the same thing again. I seriously doubt that they were defending the country against illegals or a 14 year old's virginity. They were looking for a fight and they found one.
Berks_Iraq_Vet

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#33 May 2, 2009
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time that I checked, vigilantism was against the law. These **** hole kids just got a pass to do the same thing again. I seriously doubt that they were defending the country against illegals or a 14 year old's virginity. They were looking for a fight and they found one.
Vigilatism? The dead illegal immigrant picked the fight and chased down the teens to continue the fight.
The illegal was having relations with a 14 year old. AKA: Sexual Predator.
True American

Dallas, TX

#34 May 2, 2009
What do you expect from a biased ALL White Jury in Schuykill county. The foreman was right. Piekarsky and Donchak are racists and guilty of murder. They know it, that is why Piekarsky was so JUBILANT at the verdict, laughing his socks off that he got away with MURDER!
True American

Dallas, TX

#35 May 2, 2009
The Foreman said:
''I think it's absolutely horrible what happened to Luis Ramirez,'' Macklin said.''I was very, very close to finding them both guilty on every serious count, but due to the evidence presented, I was not sure beyond a reasonable doubt. I do believe that all four boys involved are RACISTS.''

He was talked out of his decision by the 11 jury friends of the defendants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 38
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schuylkill Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Cassidy CROAKS 1 hr I think I love yo... 8
NEPA Parking Deadbeats Exposed! 2 hr Pay the MAN 1
pictures of Al Franken groping sleeping woman 4 hr Hollywood and DC ... 16
Opioid Induced Midnight Brain Fart 4 hr That Actual 70s Show 12
the DA 12 hr EVIL LOSERS 61
News Good Samaritan Becomes Victim Of A Crime Tue Corky 2
Thanksgiving 2017 🦃😋🍁 Nov 19 Bill Clinton 8

Schuylkill Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance