Shenandoah man, 2 others arraigned in beating of Mount Carmel corre...

Full story: Standard Speaker

A Shenandoah man and two others turned themselves in Wednesday on charges they severely beat a state correctional officer in Mount Carmel last month.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Sep 16, 2010
Michelle Bozarth

Luzerne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Judged:

I am the wife of Christopher Bozarth and have an Affadavit of Probable Cause showing that my husband was underneath Mr. McPeak due to Chris Phelan whom is said to be kicking him in face area, sucker punches and kicks were made while my husband was trying to stop the incident. Due to these 2 men from out of town, taking advantage to Mr. McPeak being turned from them they hit from all angles causing him to fall on top of my husband. My husband made absolutely no act of violence onto this man. If being stuck under someone is a crime, then what has happened to this justice system that is supposedly "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY". It is very sad what happened to Mr. McPeak and we grieve for him and his family, but at the same time can't understand why there are 2 different Affadavits of Probable Cause and why there is so much lying going on. Noone knew this man was a corrections officer until a few days after the incident when it was in the news item. Why did Mr. McPeak after just having problems with Phelan and Grady at Turkey Hlll decide to make a square around 5th to Chestnut to 6th where people where supposedly screaming things at him? Why didn't Mr. McPeak go immediately to the hospital? Easy answer, he was extremely intoxicated and knew if he went he would lose his career. I am sorry but noone with 2 factues to the jaw is going to be able to deal with the pain and say "My wife will take me". So lets make everything look bad on the MOUNT CARMEL MAN! My husband went to the hospital right after the incident with a possible concussion and severe abrasions on his bare feet and knees from struggling to get from underneath this man. And about a week later was still having problems with this ribs, finds out he has bruised ribs from the man. Does anyone see the holes in this story or is it because this man is a corrections officer that we choose not to? I am a firm believer in "If you did the crime, you deserve to serve the time". But let's get the 2 men that did do all the damage to this man, not go around and charge all of them. Police stated to myself and my husband while my husband voluntarily went to the Boro Police for a statement. That they know my husband didn't hit this man or kick this man or anything else but was underneath him and he was at the wrong place a the wrong time. Very convenient on the Police's end. Tell me why when there was drinking involved none of these men were immediately taken to the hospital for blood alcohol level testing, that is the law I understand. But yet noone was required to go. Again, how convenient! Isn't it srange how Mr. McPeak is supposedly holding my husband in a choke old with 1 arm mind you, while 3 other men are beating him from all angles. Are we talking about Lex Luther here? Come on people wake up and see the truth and realize that there are 2 Jason's involved and 2 Chris's involved. I believe there is alot of misidentification going on here and I know it will all sort out in the end. We may not be natives to this state but we moved here for a better life for our families knowing that the people here are kind, friendly, close and caring. Well, kick me in the behind for being wrong because all we have gotten fom the people in this town is shunned. For those that weren't there believe that what you read in the newspaper is only as good as the toilet paper you would use to wipe your behind with!
Sharon

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

If what you say is true, then what you say will probably come out in court. However, I have some question for you. Why was your husband at the wrong place at the wrong time? Just bad luck? Took a wrong turn down the wrong street? Somehow, I doubt it very much. Your husband most likely knows these men and knows them well. In which case, when it goes to court, it will not look like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It won't matter if he was on top of Mr. McPeak or the bottom. What I am saying is, what is your husband doing with these guys in the first place? My grandmother had two sayings and they have always proven true. Birds of a feather flock together. And, show me who you hang with and I'll show you who you are. Why don't you enlighten us a bit as to how your husband just happened to end up under Mr. McPeak's body while trying to stop the incident. Was he an innocent passerby who just decided to try to stop this himself? In that case, why didn't he just call the police? My guess is that he did not call the police because he was already hanging out with the other men when Mr. McPeak was assalted. Why don't you take a long hard look at type of people that your husband chooses to associate himself with rather than go around trying to place the blame on the police department, the media, or worse yet, the victim?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Schuylkill Haven Discussions

Search the Schuylkill Haven Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pennsylvania Bakery Latest To Refuse Service To... 12 min Cheese and Coal C... 2
Da Kernal going viral 11 hr The Same Old Same... 2
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 15 hr Joe McCarthy 51,272
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 17 hr But Not Hussein O... 3,898
Man dies after accident that closed Route 611 i... 23 hr Resident on 611 1
Garfield Diner Aug 15 Mike Raphone 1
Brian the meth head rat nut Aug 11 Morris 10
•••
•••
•••
Schuylkill Haven Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Schuylkill Haven Jobs

•••