2 killed in Schuylkill crash

2 killed in Schuylkill crash

There are 17 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 3, 2008, titled 2 killed in Schuylkill crash. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Two 19-year-old men died Saturday when the driver lost control of his speeding car as it traveled down a hill, and the car became airborne for almost 80 yards, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

“Go O's!”

Since: Dec 07

Reading, PA

#1 Mar 3, 2008
No seat belts.....
Hope their families get through this ok. Well, as best as possible.
TRIPLE K

Mertztown, PA

#2 Mar 3, 2008
It wasnt a orange 69 dodge charger with a confederate flag painted on the top was it???
I Agree

AOL

#3 Mar 3, 2008
Stupid kids.
Anonymous

United States

#4 Mar 3, 2008
you two above me should be ashamed of yourselves. The families of these kids are grieving about their death and you guys are making jokes and calling them stupid. Put yourself in their parents shoes once then read the comments you put on here and then see if you would be upset about them.
Suze

Camp Hill, PA

#5 Mar 3, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
you two above me should be ashamed of yourselves. The families of these kids are grieving about their death and you guys are making jokes and calling them stupid. Put yourself in their parents shoes once then read the comments you put on here and then see if you would be upset about them.
I wouldn't want the parents of these kids reading these posts... Too many ignorant people, however it is a free world and as mean as it is, they are allowed to speak their minds.
My thoughts are with this family and I hope these two RIP.
TRIPLE K

Mertztown, PA

#6 Mar 3, 2008
Stupid is stupid, I hopefully taught my kids well enough that they didnt drive over their heads, Not to bragg but my son was national dirt racing champion 2 years ago and was 2nd last year, only because he drove over his head 1 time and flipped his car 6 times...Even I whom drag raced back in the 60's with a local team, I respected what my street muscle car could do, today parents dont take the time to sit and teach and make the kids learn what cars can and cannot do, oh and another thing I knew I was not superman and think nothing can happen to me...I dont like to see anyone killed believe me but if you were going out to do what these kids did you know the outcome is never good. To go AIRBORNE 80 yards was not out for a site seeing journey on a Sunday afternoon...that is stupid
jim

Line Lexington, PA

#7 Mar 3, 2008
TRIPLE K wrote:
Stupid is stupid, I hopefully taught my kids well enough that they didnt drive over their heads, Not to bragg but my son was national dirt racing champion 2 years ago and was 2nd last year, only because he drove over his head 1 time and flipped his car 6 times...Even I whom drag raced back in the 60's with a local team, I respected what my street muscle car could do, today parents dont take the time to sit and teach and make the kids learn what cars can and cannot do, oh and another thing I knew I was not superman and think nothing can happen to me...I dont like to see anyone killed believe me but if you were going out to do what these kids did you know the outcome is never good. To go AIRBORNE 80 yards was not out for a site seeing journey on a Sunday afternoon...that is stupid
maybe someday we will be readding about your kid and someone will make a smartass remark. How do you think that would make you feel?? Jerk
deb

South River, NJ

#8 Mar 3, 2008
my sincere sympathies to the Offidani and Ott's families and their loss.
Two young men who had loving families and lives of promise were lost because of an accident. I pray that these families can cope with their loss and that their love and memories help them through this difficult time.
Michele Simon Los Angeles

Ventura, CA

#9 Mar 4, 2008
TRIPLE K wrote:
I've been a friend of Adam Offidani's mother for over 40 years and she is just devastated by the loss of her only son.She was a single mom and a good mom.More than likely Adam caused the crash but I just cannot believe that Mr. Triple K would take a forum like this and use it to blow his own horn on his good parenting. If I were his son I'd be totally embarrassed by his comments. Probably not getting any strokes at home so he needs to do this for his own self esteem. Total loser.
ANT

Clifton, NJ

#10 Mar 5, 2008
my sincer sympathies to both fammilies. I DIN'T KNOW THE TWO YOUNG MEN BUT IT IS A SAD AND UNFORTUNATE LOSS,IT WAS A CASE OF BAD JUDGMENT AND ALL IT TAKES IS ONE MISTAKE.... PLEASE PRAY FOR THE FAMILIES LEFT TO DEAL WITH THIS UNEXPLAINABLE LOSS.
GINNY

Hazleton, PA

#11 Mar 10, 2008
WHAT A SHAME, SO YOUNG ,I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR BOTH FAMILIES.CHILDREN TODAY JUST DO NOT REALIZE THE THINGS THAT CAN HAPPEN.LETS HOPE THEY ARE IN A BETTER PLACE WHERE NOTHING CAN HAPPEN TO THEM
GINNY

Hazleton, PA

#12 Mar 10, 2008
TO THE COMMENT OF THE ASS ABOVE, YOU MIGHT THINK YOU ARE A GRT. PARENT BUT I THINK NOT, TO BAD MOUTH AND BRAG OF HOW WELL YOU TAUGHT YOU CHILDRENTO MAKE IT SOUND THAT YOU ARE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE YES YOUR A GRT PARENT IT SHOWS IN YOU COMMENT
A friend

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Mar 14, 2008
To the ******* above. I've been a friend of Adam and his sister for over 5 years now. What makes you think that you can judge his mother's teachings or his judgement when you don't know them? You only heard about his passing through the news...so how do you know what exactly happened that night? Answer is....you don't. So the next time you think you might make a comment about other people and their teachings/judgements... don't... because trying to make yourself look good at someone else's expense makes you look like a heartless bastard.
Jess

Peabody, MA

#14 Mar 16, 2008
Hi. My names Jess, I'm Adam Offidani's sister. I dont have much to say, theres not one way to put my true feelings into words. But thank you to those who left comments of sympathy and encouragement. And for those who are inconsiderate.. you have much to learn. And when someone so close to you leaves your side in this world.. you will know the feeling of such deep sorrow. My love is with everyone. And so was Adams.
rip

Vernon, NJ

#15 Mar 19, 2008
for everyone thinking they know what happened and how it had to been stupidity. you dont know what happend. no one really knows the truth. the only two who did are no longer with us your rudeness will soon catch up with you.
amanda

Scranton, PA

#16 Mar 26, 2008
To the person above me, every word of that is true. There could have been so many reasons that this happened. Maybe he swerved to aviod hitting an animal, or he just lost control around the turn. Adam knew how to drive. This wasnt the fault of his mother, because she raised an amazing person. It doesnt matter how you raise someone anyway, they are still going to do what they want. Adam loved going fast, and thats all there is too it. I believe that he wouldnt have been going that fast if he wasnt in control. So something must have happened. I was very close to him and i miss him and love him more everyday. I hope people get to realize how incredible Adam really was.
Im pissed

Blairstown, NJ

#17 Jan 6, 2010
TRIPLE K wrote:
you have no damn idea! maybe u think ur big and bad because ur on the internet and i cant find u to knock u the hell out but u need to watch what u say because u never know when your kid will get killed in an accicdent i dont care how experienced you are at driving shit happens in the blink of an eye, cars break and its not always the drivers fault! grow up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schuylkill Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Problems with C&Y 17 hr always unable to ... 2
Straight Outta Yorkville Wed Nasty Nate 7
do you remember who the goons , squirrels were Aug 22 mafia recruiter 1
FA REAL - Liptok et al v. Bank of America Aug 19 jared fogels wife 52
Disabled vet seeks assistance from Kathleen Kan... (Nov '13) Aug 17 dana white 48
Pottsville dispatcher erupts on civilian (Jun '11) Aug 10 l ron hubbard 8
Drip....Drip...Drip... Aug 7 angie dickinson fan 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schuylkill Haven Mortgages