2009 Schuylkill County general election unofficial results - News - Republican Herald

Nov 4, 2009 Full story: www.republicanherald.com 14

November 4, 2009

Nick Meyer

Tamaqua Area

Director (4 years, vote for 4)

D/R-Rottet 3026

D/R-Rother 2790

D-Perry 1163

D-Swinehart 918

R-Frantz 2431

R-Miller 3272

Referendum: Yes 819, No 714

Full Story
ImTiredOf_It

United States

#1 Nov 4, 2009
Dear Elected,

I want big and meaningful change WITHOUT asking for it.

My wish list

The greatest elected officials will be:

*Creative and open-minded
*Tough on yourselves
*Community-minded
*THRIFTY
*Tough when acting on behalf of the community
(as in tackling unions and man-handling payroll,
for instance)
*RESPECTFUL to the community
*MINDFUL of the community's needs
*INCLUSIVE in your decisions (remember the
quiet citizens, not just the loud ones)
*ETHICAL in every way
*Very willing to WORK in Partnership with the community.
*TRANSPARENT in everything they do, and do VERY
LITTLE behind closed doors.

This expectations will ruffle the feathers ONLY of people who have their own personal agendas.

Have I been unfair?

All ears.(wink)
squirrels marching

Bloomsburg, PA

#2 Nov 4, 2009
i want the canidates to offer free nuts and lots of sex.
Smokey

Frackville, PA

#3 Nov 4, 2009
Thank God the Tamaqua Referendum passed!
For all the people who voted "NO", please explain your logic.

The question on the ballot SHOULD have read:
"Should the Tamaqua Borough become indebted to the amount of 1.5 million dollars for Owl Creek Dam repair and not become indebted to the amount of 2 million dollars (the price of breaching both dams as required by Penna. D.E.P. if we don't fix them)

This was a no brainer. Why was the voting public not informed of the consequences for voting "NO"?
ImTiredOf_It

United States

#4 Nov 4, 2009
Smokey wrote:
Thank God the Tamaqua Referendum passed!
For all the people who voted "NO", please explain your logic.
The question on the ballot SHOULD have read:
"Should the Tamaqua Borough become indebted to the amount of 1.5 million dollars for Owl Creek Dam repair and not become indebted to the amount of 2 million dollars (the price of breaching both dams as required by Penna. D.E.P. if we don't fix them)
This was a no brainer. Why was the voting public not informed of the consequences for voting "NO"?
Let's make this simple. Are you saying the cost of repair is a HALF-MILLION dollars LESS than breaching the dams? If so, where was all of this information printed?
I'll have other questions forthcoming.
Smokey

Frackville, PA

#5 Nov 5, 2009
Yes, it is cheaper to fix the dams than to breach them.
The D.E.P. mandate is in print form at the Tamaqua Borough Bldg.
ImTiredOf_It

United States

#6 Nov 5, 2009
Aha! Everything we'd need and want to know is in their hands, and they should have publicized it! Period.
You know there are small towns/boroughs in the country that are very consciencious, and create bi-weekly or monthly newsletters which are online.
We need information about everything important at our fingertips.

As for the differences in cost, this is amazing. It doesn't sound right, but actually seems like the costing was set up to make repair the most advantageous route to go. Sounds suspicious.

(The cost of razing a small condemned house that I know of, costed about $6000.)

But what IF......(haha)
WHAT IF someone told me it costs $100,000 to raze the house, but only $80,000 to repair and upgrade the structure as-is?
Sounds fishy.
ImTiredOf_It

United States

#7 Nov 5, 2009
THere truth in my mind that there are are interests within Borough Hall that wanted the dams repaired, no matter what!

Even when people speak, they are not listened to.
Smokey

Frackville, PA

#8 Nov 5, 2009
Let me further clarify.
The actual costs of fixing the dams is over 6 million dollars. The state gov't has already awarded 5 million plus towards the project. Tamaqua Borough must provide the difference.
So reality is 6 million repair versus 2 million demolition.

ImTiredOf_It, I must commend you on your critical thinking. You have demonstrated a knack for not only looking at the message, but also looking at the messenger. This is very uncommon nowadays.
I wish more people would think for themselves.
I enjoy reading all your posts, whether I agree with them or not.
Go Away

Milford, PA

#9 Nov 5, 2009
Oh yes another conspiracy theory coming from I'm Tired of it. Can't wait

Power of the People.....They voted for the boro to spend the money to match the boro share. Now let the will of the people be done. I hope they follow through with the wishes of the voters and get the funding to complete the project.

Remember..this was a mandate by the voters.
notaxincrease

Wyoming, PA

#10 Nov 6, 2009
we dont want a tax increase though

“The Colonel”

Since: May 07

lebanon

#11 Nov 6, 2009
doesnt it sink in to anyone that before the elections every politician says they wont raise taxes, they will cut things, they will do this or that....
But days after election

taxes get raised

we need to do it!

while all along they planned on it, knowing that if they said or done it before hand they wouldnt win.

They use thier puppets like holden, to get billions of dollars they call gov. grants, to help do the projects, when in reality these are loans, and must be paid back by the people.

talking about raising homes; seip's house was raised using city employees and city equipment.
who paid for that? THE PEOPLE
the gas, the payroll, the insurence, the dump....
ImTiredOf_It

United States

#12 Nov 6, 2009
Go Away wrote:
Oh yes another conspiracy theory coming from I'm Tired of it. Can't wait
Power of the People.....They voted for the boro to spend the money to match the boro share. Now let the will of the people be done. I hope they follow through with the wishes of the voters and get the funding to complete the project.
Remember..this was a mandate by the voters.
Don't count your chickens so fast. When uninformed people vote (there's a lot of that these days) that's dangerous. When public servants conceal facts the people would want to know, this too is dangerous.
There are also a lot of people who did not vote, not because they are apathetic citizens, but because 1)they knew they did not have all of the facts on the referendum, and 2) the felt that no one running for office was good enough to support. These people are also angry because they are not getting all of the facts about a lot of things they want to know about, but are working to hard to fight the system.

Just be thankful the referendum was in your favor and don't gloat.
ImTiredOf_It

United States

#13 Nov 6, 2009
colonel john liptok wrote:
doesnt it sink in to anyone that before the elections every politician says they wont raise taxes, they will cut things, they will do this or that....
But days after election
taxes get raised
we need to do it!
while all along they planned on it, knowing that if they said or done it before hand they wouldnt win.
They use thier puppets like holden, to get billions of dollars they call gov. grants, to help do the projects, when in reality these are loans, and must be paid back by the people.
talking about raising homes; seip's house was raised using city employees and city equipment.
who paid for that? THE PEOPLE
the gas, the payroll, the insurence, the dump....
Thank you.:)
Sgt Squirrel

Selinsgrove, PA

#15 Nov 6, 2009
Does he like nuts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schuylkill Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Magic of Christmas (Dec '13) Wed elmers glue 19
da kernal selling lead paint? Mon paul reubens 15
Da Kernal going viral Dec 21 krispy kreme 9
Kernal Eaten by Snake Dec 14 Rocking Horse Cha... 13
I think Da Kernal has met his match (bigger nut... Dec 8 gub ment cheese 13
Cyber Monday SPAM Sales Dec 1 Spamanator 1
Brian the meth head rat nut Nov 27 Beer n Burger 39
More from around the web

Schuylkill Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE