Two shareholders make offer to purcha...

Two shareholders make offer to purchase Howe Caverns

There are 3 comments on the Daily Star story from Mar 8, 2007, titled Two shareholders make offer to purchase Howe Caverns. In it, Daily Star reports that:

Two Schoharie County businessmen have made a deal with Howe Caverns to buy the tourist attraction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Star.

Lori B

United States

#1 Mar 13, 2007
I hope you follow up with story. I find it interesting.
Ted S

Schenectady, NY

#2 Mar 26, 2007
It is interesting to note that the other half of the Galasso Family owns Lancaster Development. As a member of the Village of Cobleskill board Mr. Galasso has gone on record as saying Cobleskill can never be a tourist destination like Cooperstown or Saratoga, that the historic buildings on Main Street have served their purpose and should be taken down and that no one would want to live on Main Street anyway therefore all residences on Main Street should be taken down to make room for modern businesses. The Galasso family is sending mixed messages about their intentions for Howe Caverns.
Lori Brown

United States

#3 Mar 27, 2007
I really think that Mr. Galasso is looking at the big picture. I know he has said that he wants to bring the museum up with the industries machinery and etc, but what happens when this all comes to slow period? Will he want to mine the quarry to get back what he and his investors have put in to it all? I think Howe Cave should look else where for someone to take over. They should also look at the "BIG" picture and find someone that can improve the caverns for the future and the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schoharie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Du bell Punk Recaptured Aug 15 Diana Barber 2
News Berne man accused of choking woman, smashing la... Jul '17 Hutchman60 2
Quaker Street Music Thread (Jun '16) Jun '17 Musikologist 3
why are people here so freaking weird. (Apr '14) May '17 Ohyah 7
birthday gift Apr '17 KCC 1
News Albany area shopping malls go upscale or bust (Mar '15) Mar '17 Robert E 32
Schoharie County Social Services (Jul '11) Mar '16 jakes5girl 26

Schoharie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schoharie Mortgages