Local hospital dedicated

Local hospital dedicated

There are 8 comments on the The Daily Star story from Feb 12, 2008, titled Local hospital dedicated. In it, The Daily Star reports that:

“The ability to have quick emergency care is a necessity for the quality of life in the tri-town community.”

SIDNEY _ Now that a hospital has opened its doors again in Sidney, speakers at the formal opening ceremony Tuesday told attendees it is up to the community to support the service. via The Daily Star

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Star.

Lucille Z

Ephrata, PA

#1 Feb 20, 2008
I beg to differ! A hospital has NOT opened in Sidney,NY. What opened in Sidney NY is a 24 hours Urgent Care. There are no hospital beds for a physician to admit a patient to at this fasility. The community has been lulled into a false sense of security. If you are sick enough to be admitted you must be transfered to a larger hospital. I know this firsthand.
Real Upstater

United States

#2 Feb 21, 2008
I beg to differ with you.. it is a hospital with a 24/7 fully funcitoning ER , with MDs on site 24/7.. a prototype for the entire state with 4 observation
beds where pts can be admitted for 23 hours and then shipped. The community is happy about this facility, and it is very much needed. You don't live here, so keep your comments to yourself. I also know this firsthand.
bojuy

East Pharsalia, NY

#3 Apr 13, 2008
how rude is real upstater.... this is what gives the tri town area it's wonderful reputation. I also am a firsthander and live up here and although it's 24/7, I would have preferred an acute care stay facility that I could have stayed at to be with my parents. Not travel 25-40 in either direction to a real hospital. THe town was duped but not by bassett by it's town council members and the board of directors of THE HOSPITAL. yes a hospital is needed--- not a prototype for bassett. why did'nt the comm of doh visit this prototype when he was here last week.
Village Resident

Shohola, PA

#5 Apr 14, 2008
It is indeed a real hospital. If your have a true medical emergency, Tri Town can save your life. Yes, the former hospital had an acute care medical floor that lost money. That, along with other revenue losing services resulted in the nearly 7 million in debt that prompted the former hospital to close. This is a slimmed down, user defined prototype that should save lives in the community and make profit for the community. Other services will likely be added in the future depending on the needs of the community. Do not let naysayers like Lucille Z. discourage you as a resident from utilizing the services available at your community hospital. Too many people badmouthed The Hospital in the past to friends and relatives rather than directing their complaints to the administration and giving them a chance to correct the problems. Too many "voted with their feet" based on bad experiences and others reported bad experiences also contributing to the demise of The Hospital. This is your hospital. Use it or lose it. It takes 20 minutes to travel to Onenota from Sidney and 45-50 minutes to travel to Binghamton. You could die in transit to emergency care to either of these locations.
the truth hurts

Horseheads, NY

#6 Apr 17, 2008
don't forget norwich
Unadillan

Shohola, PA

#7 Apr 24, 2008
I worked there. Trust me I wish I could forget it.
the truth hurts wrote:
don't forget norwich
Thrilla

Rome, Italy

#8 May 3, 2008
Fotget u loser
Sidney Resident

Shohola, PA

#9 May 23, 2008
Tri-Town Regional Hospital offers many services: 24/7 Emergency room with the observation beds as mentioned by Village Resident. They also offer Clinical Lab services and Radiology (CT, Mammo, X-ray). This is a new entity created with the assistance of Bassett Healthcare, it is not a continuation of services from "The Hospital". Perhaps if you have questions about the services offered you should contact them so that you can make informed health care decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schoharie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are people here so freaking weird. (Apr '14) Oct '16 Hiya 3
Quaker Street Music Thread Sep '16 flipflopper 2
Berkshire and Schoharie County Sep '16 bandisgirl 1
News Three arrested in fatal overdose (Jun '10) Aug '16 Coon killer 3
sad reality is a cross dressing girlie boy Aug '16 suJN 1
News Newberry Square building owner fined $20K over ... (Aug '08) Aug '16 formerly lived in... 11
Schoharie County Social Services (Jul '11) Mar '16 jakes5girl 26

Schoharie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schoharie Mortgages