Governor Doyle Celebrates a Smokefree...

Governor Doyle Celebrates a Smokefree Wisconsin Monday

There are 4 comments on the Merrill Foto News story from Jul 1, 2010, titled Governor Doyle Celebrates a Smokefree Wisconsin Monday. In it, Merrill Foto News reports that:

Governor Jim Doyle started visiting communities across the state to celebrate a state law that goes into effect on July 5, making public places, including restaurants, taverns, and other indoor workplaces, smokefree.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Merrill Foto News.

Jake

Bringhurst, IN

#1 Jul 1, 2010
Is he also going to celebrate that Wisconsin is rated the 5th drunkest state. Is he also going to celebrate we are rated the 1st in Driving Under the Influence. And also is he going to celebrate the low taxes he has kept on the liquor. He likes his drunks. The best thing to happen to Wisconsin is him leaving office. Maybe he can go to one of the disgusting strip clubs and celebrate with the trashy girls there and of course all the drunks in the place.
Amy

Sussex, WI

#2 Jul 1, 2010
Doyle=dou/che/bag
TODD HALVERSON

Rockford, IL

#3 Jul 7, 2010
ANOTHER WAY TO GENERATE MONEY, FINE THE SMOKERS,
WHERE WILL ALL THAT MONEY, OF COLLECTED FINES,
BE USED FOR ?
GOVERNOR DOYLES, NEXT VACATION ?.....
WE ALREADY PAY FOR THAT......
LETS SEE,.......HOW ABOUT USING THE MONEY TO BUILD
OUR " RAIL SYSTEM ",....RIGHT ?
KEEP SMOK'IN PEOPLE,.....PRETTY SOON THE STATE WILL BE PAYING FOR MY CANCER TREATMENTS,....AS LONG AS I DON'T HAVE TOO.
Dave

Kingsland, GA

#6 Jul 9, 2010
In Doyle's State of the State address he stated that he didn't want Wisconsin being the last state dragged kicking and screaming into a smoking ban... I guess it's ok to be the last state dragged into some form of concealed carry law though since 48 other states have some form of it.

I don't smoke. Outlaw tobacco, not a property owners right to allow use of a LEGAL product in their property. Wisconsin has a huge German population and I'm glad to see we're getting back to our roots ... SEIG HEIL!

I now want to see legislation denying to pay benefits to any government employee who smokes... come on ... lets not talk out of both sides of our mouths. In fact that is a good place to start making cuts in government... fire anyone who smokes... it's for the greater good!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Note gets driver out of parking ticket Jun '17 Emerald 7
ivory ann spencer May '17 PimpYourOther 1
News Letter: Carbon tax would help solve warming crisis (Feb '14) May '17 Wolf In The Fold 2
News 2017 Rib Mountain Snowmelt Contest Apr '17 RALPH wEEKS 1
Buyer Beware - Couture Kidlets store (Dec '13) Dec '13 Disgruntled Buyer 1
Review: Sether KIM (Aug '13) Aug '13 gary 1
News City set to adopt new pet rules (Dec '12) Dec '12 VeganTiger 3

Schofield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schofield Mortgages