Talk of statewide smoking ban heats up in Legislature

Jan 8, 2008 Full story: Marshfield News-Herald

“I really think it's way too much government”

Smoking ban advocates and opponents are gearing up for another fight in the state Legislature. via Marshfield News-Herald

Full Story

“Just Say No to Smoking Bans”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#1 Jan 8, 2008
One question always comes to my mind when I hear that a comprehensive smoking ban will "level the playing field" How is that so? If, as SmokeFree always tells the people, smoking bans do not cause private businesses to go under, then why is it necessary to "level the playing field" If no smoking bars and restaurants are what the majority wishes, then why do businesses not just go non smoking? If there are so many people demanding non smoking, then business would be foolish not to cater to the market. If you believe that SmokeFree's claims are valid, then there is no need for a law to "level the playing field." The truth is SmokeFree's claims about business are well-financed lies that fool many and leave community businesses in shambles. Look to the mess in Ohio where 20,000 violations of our smoking ban have occurred over the 9 months of Ohio's smoking ban. Look to Ohio where 8 health departments of health have opted out of enforcement because it is too expensive and given that enforcement back to the state. Here, every contested $100 fine costs the local health department $350 to process. In Ohio, all that has been gained is a dwindling health department budget and growing franchise businesses. Those are the businesses that profit from smoking bans. So, if your state wishes to eliminate the small businessman from operating his business and favor the Applebees and TGIF corporations, then smoking bans are for you. If, instead, you value local business and the character of private small business, then the smoking ban will drain your health budget and insure the demise of that little piece of Americana that entrepreneurs represent. Look to your neighbors before inflicting this plague upon Wisconsin's people.
I see stupid people

AOL

#2 Jan 8, 2008
It looks like Wisconsin is going to join the states that smokers will no longer visit. This is a good thing. 22 state already have smoking bans. Well over half the population is covered by smoking bans. With the addition of 3 more states this coming year, including Wisconsin, half the states will have smoking bans. As far as businesses go, they need to adapt or fail. The restaurant business is a difficult business to survive in and if you cannot adapt you should not be in that business.

“Just Say No to Smoking Bans”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#3 Jan 8, 2008
I see stupid people wrote:
It looks like Wisconsin is going to join the states that smokers will no longer visit. This is a good thing. 22 state already have smoking bans. Well over half the population is covered by smoking bans. With the addition of 3 more states this coming year, including Wisconsin, half the states will have smoking bans. As far as businesses go, they need to adapt or fail. The restaurant business is a difficult business to survive in and if you cannot adapt you should not be in that business.
SmokeFree's lies surpass BT's
History Buff

United States

#4 Jan 9, 2008
Bans, deceitful studies and propaganda:
'Root financing and planning by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation'.

Free Enterprise, Free Choice & Signs are a WONDERFUL Invention. What a novel idea!

Save Your Rights, Freedom and Businesses before the next ban on 'THE AGENDA' starts!

Ever notice ALL no smoke bans are the SAME?
Big bucks organized them and passes out BONUS CHECKS!
What have your politicians arranged for?

What & who is behind the bans, along with WHY.
Take the leads and do your own HONEST research: http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 20 hr An NFL Fan 7,061
Congressmen comment on ISIS strategy at Wausau ... Sep 24 David Messner 1
This time around Scott Walker less dominant in ... Sep 24 David Messner 2
Wausau attorney Gene Linehan dead (Sep '10) Sep 24 David Messner 11
Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Tealiban Fascists 7
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul '14 BOBBY 452
Schofield Dating
Find my Match

Schofield Jobs

Schofield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Schofield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Schofield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]