School district: Chippewa Falls band ...

School district: Chippewa Falls band teacher's conduct 'immoral'

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 24, 2008, titled School district: Chippewa Falls band teacher's conduct 'immoral'. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Former Chippewa Falls Senior High School music teacher Andrei Strizek, who resigned one month ago, reportedly learned of two separate inappropriate sexual acts among teenage boys while on band trips in October ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

bad apple

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 24, 2008
Thanks God the administrators had enough b*lls to get rid of this guy. Sounds like the union was trying to get him separation pay and a new job. I guess their role is to protect the teachers at all costs. Who's protecting the kids???

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 24, 2008
Supposedly a teacher is smart, but see what happens when the wrong brain is making the decisions!!
Funny-

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 24, 2008
Keep paying teachers less than unskilled laborers, and this is the quality of individual you can expect to employ.
Claire

Chaska, MN

#4 Dec 24, 2008
bad apple wrote:
Thanks God the administrators had enough b*lls to get rid of this guy. Sounds like the union was trying to get him separation pay and a new job. I guess their role is to protect the teachers at all costs. Who's protecting the kids???
Sounds to me as if the union was trying to figure out what was going on. Teacher's unions want to make sure teachers aren't dismissed unfairly, but in no way would any teacher's union condone the type of behaviors outlined in this article. It is possible that a district would define "immoral" behavior in a way that is different from what the law says a teacher can get fired for (ie: an unmarried teacher getting pregnant or geting someone pregnant. Not moral, but also not fire-able anymore).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Human torture and pet torture! Feb '17 dotdotdot 1
Local Tard Feb '17 Ha-Ha 1
Looking for Captains Restaurant recipe - Cheese... (Nov '08) Jan '17 Jeff 6
Marissa Mayer Nov '16 SirQwert 2
loan lender loan shark (Aug '16) Oct '16 Igotmyloan 4
Buyer Beware - Couture Kidlets store (Dec '13) Dec '13 Disgruntled Buyer 1
Review: Sether KIM (Aug '13) Aug '13 gary 1

Schofield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance