Theft of school's ukuleles leaves kids singing blues - Hawaii News

Students at Hale Kula Elementary have been left to beg and borrow to finish ukulele classes because burglars stole most of their instruments. Full Story
aksourdough

Anchorage, AK

#1 Sep 10, 2009
it is military kids that live on base that stole those things or civilians that can just drive into schofield and start checking out who and where they can steal things from???????a military base????come on man???weya all the security cameras????i bet after this incident they will be on alert huh?????auwe tearoa e
Druggie Lowlifes

Honolulu, HI

#2 Sep 10, 2009
No doubt this callous violation of children's fun & love of music was impacted by the need for another toke of meth by a selfish tweaker. I hope they get caught soon. It's time our court judges started adding to their punishment public humilation. They should make them stand at a busy intersection for 100 hours wearing a sign like this:
"I STOLE UKULELES FROM CHILDREN SO I COULD FEED MY DRUG HABIT. I HAVE NO SHAME". Let the passing motorists jeer & add their comments.
alice

Los Altos, CA

#3 Sep 10, 2009
How could this happen on a heavily guarded miltiary base?
Protect your own

Aiea, HI

#4 Sep 10, 2009
aksourdough wrote:
it is military kids that live on base that stole those things or civilians that can just drive into schofield and start checking out who and where they can steal things from???????a military base????come on man???weya all the security cameras????i bet after this incident they will be on alert huh?????auwe tearoa e
If you're this ign0rant; you should really keep quiet.
Chief

Aiea, HI

#5 Sep 10, 2009
Obviously the items were stolen by soldiers at Schofield to buy drugs and party. People from the outside have to show ID and car insurance and registration to get in. The only criminals already inside are the soldiers. This happened more then twice so it has to be soldiers. They are used to committing crimes overseas so they just continue their crime sprees back home. This has been going on since before WW 1.
lil757

Newport News, VA

#6 Sep 10, 2009
I hope they catch them. Be sure to check on craigslist or ebay. lol
Char Siu Bao Girl

AOL

#7 Sep 10, 2009
Once the perpetrators are apprehended, they should be given a stiff sentence!!!!!!!!
psych

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Sep 10, 2009
"I don't feel any sense of fear. It's more annoyance that these people will steal from children," she said."

why is it more tragic because the theft was against kids? i'm sure that adults feel equally "annoyed" when their car gets jacked or their home broken into as well.
townie

Honolulu, HI

#9 Sep 10, 2009
It's all bachi for closing down Kalakaua Golf Course.
emo

Honolulu, HI

#10 Sep 10, 2009
psych wrote:
"I don't feel any sense of fear. It's more annoyance that these people will steal from children," she said."
why is it more tragic because the theft was against kids? i'm sure that adults feel equally "annoyed" when their car gets jacked or their home broken into as well.
What a heartless person you are. So I guess in your world child pornography is no worse than adult pornography? Get a life.
COlohe1

Honolulu, HI

#11 Sep 10, 2009
Chief wrote:
Obviously the items were stolen by soldiers at Schofield to buy drugs and party. People from the outside have to show ID and car insurance and registration to get in. The only criminals already inside are the soldiers. This happened more then twice so it has to be soldiers. They are used to committing crimes overseas so they just continue their crime sprees back home. This has been going on since before WW 1.
Its da locals dat work on Schofield as govt contracted construction workers. Da security guards at da gates are mostly locals so dey let their friends in fo rip off the folks on base and try to blame da military living there.
steve808

Honolulu, HI

#12 Sep 10, 2009
If this is on Schofeild , wouldn't this be considered a federal crime? whoever stole this is very ignorant. YOUR LIFE IS WORTH MORE THAN A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS. Let's see how fast the feds can solve this crime.
How come

Honolulu, HI

#13 Sep 10, 2009
Lesson learned dont use expensive ukes.
OIL PAN

Kula, HI

#14 Sep 10, 2009
How come wrote:
Lesson learned dont use expensive ukes.
The ukes were a gift to the school and given 20 years ago w/o incident. The gift was used in the spirit with which it was given - music education for our school children.
Local hawaiiana

Honolulu, HI

#15 Sep 10, 2009
As someone connected with the military, this being a school and the miltary police/guard gate around the corner, i believe what they described in the news artilce is impossible to do, unless there was a U-haul. Plus, this is near a main road from the gate and lots of people travel that road. I believe it is inside job that someone knew where these equipmemts and items were locked up. Also, a time is a factor. Plus, get extra help getting these items out in a short period of time.

I believe one of the staff members is in desperate need of extra cash. I do not feel that this is done by the military. They have too much pride in breaking into a school and especially, when the consequences are mucher higher than a civilan working on base. Again, the pride gets in the way.
no_need

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#16 Sep 10, 2009
townie wrote:
It's all bachi for closing down Kalakaua Golf Course.
like kgc was a good course?
psych

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#17 Sep 10, 2009
emo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a heartless person you are. So I guess in your world child pornography is no worse than adult pornography? Get a life.
W.T.H. are you talking about. who said anything about pornography? and if you equate pornography and theft, then that is your problem.

a crime is a crime. just because it happened to kids shouldn't make it a more heinous thing. when my house got broken into, i guess it shouldn't have bothered me, huh? because, after all, kids weren't involved. yeah.
Garlic Chicken

Ewa Beach, HI

#18 Sep 10, 2009
this is shameless...
Danu

Jamaica Plain, MA

#19 Sep 11, 2009
Check Ebay.
hardcore

Walnut Creek, CA

#20 Sep 11, 2009
"Browns" stealing from "Browns". They do it sooo well!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Barracks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What the heck is up with deleting posts/comments? 8 hr District 1 4
Hawaii economist says Honolulu rail agency 'shu... 9 hr District 1 5
Hawaii Eruptions and Lava Flows 10 hr District 1 4
francine and alice wasted their money 10 hr Joe Balls 8
Micronesian in Hawaii (Aug '11) 16 hr Incognito 543
Garden Gnomes kidnapped by Austrian Conservatives 22 hr CC FTC 7
kittens for free Sep 4 kazandraferree 2
•••
•••
Schofield Barracks Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Schofield Barracks Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Schofield Barracks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Schofield Barracks News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Schofield Barracks
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••