Christmas tree quest - Hawaii News

Christmas tree quest - Hawaii News

There are 27 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 13, 2009, titled Christmas tree quest - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Isle families on a desperate hunt to find the perfect Christmas tree are finding stocks depleted instead By Susan Essoyan POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Dec 13, 2009 Return to Paginated View Four-year-old Kaysha Hoopii looked crestfallen as she and her parents walked away from the Habilitat Christmas tree lot at Aloha Tower at 1 p.m. yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scrooge

San Diego, CA

#1 Dec 13, 2009
Your all Pagans!
Von

Aiea, HI

#2 Dec 13, 2009
Buy Christmas trees so you can be the first to fill your rubbish cans full the day after Christmas.

This is such a waste of money. No need tree, get a life! If you must have a tree and if you are really that brainwashed by the huge department stores then get an imitation one and use it forever.

Somehow this makes me think of people killing baby seals so they can make cute little baby seal dolls.
bumpercrop

Hauula, HI

#3 Dec 13, 2009
Can people use their EBT cards to buy Christmas trees?
Mililani_Bob

Honolulu, HI

#4 Dec 13, 2009
C'mon people, it's not necessary to rain on the Christmas Parade.
another thought

Kaneohe, HI

#5 Dec 13, 2009
How about buying a small live tree and then planting it in a special spot after Christmas?
Von

Aiea, HI

#6 Dec 13, 2009
another thought wrote:
How about buying a small live tree and then planting it in a special spot after Christmas?
I was just reading that in USA Today. Good idea and I'm for that!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/green...
AJA

Aiea, HI

#8 Dec 13, 2009
another thought wrote:
YUP!!! Just like what someone did at the windward side Pali Hwy rise after the old drive-in exit area...I think Norfolks will last in Hawaii climate better than the mainland trees with fragrance. Make it look Charlie Brownish...cool! Btw, as for the other poster, how TRUE!!!! You wait n see...some people in my community actually trash their tree (with TINSELS EVEN!!!) on CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!..HECK! I would leave mines up till the new years becuz the fragrance is so nice and sweet!!!
MufiTheCrook

Wahiawa, HI

#10 Dec 13, 2009
I told you so...Mufi's $7.6 Billion dollar rail requires extra taxation in the tune of over $4000 per year each...has drained the pocketbooks of us taxpayers and your ability to purchase Christmas items for your kids!

You can all thank that Samonan thug for robbing your parent's bank accounts in order to get kickbacks from his Rail cronies!
alice

United States

#11 Dec 13, 2009
True..mufi has left Honolulu is horrid shape.
Simon Says

Kailua, HI

#12 Dec 13, 2009
MufiTheCrook wrote:
You can all thank that Samonan thug for robbing your parent's bank accounts in order to get kickbacks from his Rail cronies!
Thanks for point out that he's Samoan, because it's totally relevant to the point you had to make.
Dangerous custom

Wailuku, HI

#14 Dec 13, 2009
After Christmas, put the tree in your back yard and light it with a match. Got ahead. Try it. It just explodes into flames from the turpentine in the sap. Why do you think forest fires are so spectacular? These trees should be banned from being decorated with electical lights and wiring INSIDE a house. Artificial fire-proof trees are the way to go. Disassemble them after pau.
joethebutcher

Waipahu, HI

#16 Dec 13, 2009
What recession in Hawaii? People have so much money that christmas trees are gone so early. This is an leading economic indicator.
alice

United States

#17 Dec 13, 2009
alice wrote:
Mufi has allowed this once proud city to deteriorate badly.
he sure has!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Our trees

Aiea, HI

#18 Dec 13, 2009
We have artificial, because as much as I love the smell, we're allergic AND this is the 5th Christmas we've used them. I love that the lights are already on the trees, too. What a bonus. Sometimes for smell I buy a wreath from Costco, but this year we're too broke.
milo

Kihei, HI

#19 Dec 13, 2009
I saw some being sold (as of Friday 12/11) at the Boys and Girls Club behind Washington Middle School. Call em up.
scrooge

San Diego, CA

#20 Dec 13, 2009
Von wrote:
Buy Christmas trees so you can be the first to fill your rubbish cans full the day after Christmas.
This is such a waste of money. No need tree, get a life! If you must have a tree and if you are really that brainwashed by the huge department stores then get an imitation one and use it forever.
Somehow this makes me think of people killing baby seals so they can make cute little baby seal dolls.
von is a scrooge
zat

Waipahu, HI

#21 Dec 13, 2009
Went up to Helemano and pick out our tree. A lovely experience.
Reggie

Waipahu, HI

#22 Dec 13, 2009
joethebutcher wrote:
What recession in Hawaii? People have so much money that christmas trees are gone so early. This is an leading economic indicator.
No, this shows that people in Hawaii are brain dead; they're willing to spend big money for trees which will be disposed of after a few weeks but not for education. And watch how much money will be wasted on fireworks.
scrooge

San Diego, CA

#23 Dec 13, 2009
Reggie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this shows that people in Hawaii are brain dead; they're willing to spend big money for trees which will be disposed of after a few weeks but not for education. And watch how much money will be wasted on fireworks.
fireworks aren't a waste --- the money goes for a good cause
Aging Observer

Honolulu, HI

#24 Dec 14, 2009
Christmas trees when furloughs and layoffs are at an all-time high. Who cares if you don't have a Christmas tree? We should be thankful that we have good health, something to eat, and a roof over our heads. Think of all the people who do not have these basic things... Nothing wrong with local trees or artificial trees, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Barracks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FBI probe investigating police chief now zeroin... 21 min District 1 8
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 25 min District 1 578
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 26 min District 1 501
DISTRICT 1 Finally Admits TO Being A RACE BAITER (Mar '14) 1 hr District 1 204
Why do Filipinos consider themselves as Pacific... (Oct '08) 6 hr Olongapo Joe 527
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 6 hr We ALL love Prez ... 2,085
In a year or two Im moving out of this God Fors... 6 hr We ALL love Prez ... 14

Schofield Barracks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schofield Barracks Mortgages