Hawaii sixth in federal spending - Ha...

Hawaii sixth in federal spending - Hawaii News

There are 25 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 23, 2009, titled Hawaii sixth in federal spending - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Hawaii ranks sixth among states in per capita federal spending, largely because of military spending and salaries, according to a U.S. Census Bureau report released today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
zero in get a grip

Kailua Kona, HI

#21 Jul 23, 2009
Don't thank God for the military. God is a man of
peace, compasion, love. The military have a free
hand in your tax dollar. Hopefully we can spent
some of our own money in the military base buying
and shopping for our own family needs. Maybe we can use some of their vacation rentals for our own
stress needs. Man are all made from the same dust
woof

Honolulu, HI

#22 Jul 23, 2009
blazing guns wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like most Americans doesn't it? Average American carries over $6,000 in credit card debt and spends more than they save. Don't blame the government for our problems - we did it to ourselves.
I'll say I did it to myself.....I don't have that credit card debt, I pay my bills and I have a job.
Had I any inkling of what was going to happen, I would have maxed out a bunch of credit cards, gotten more of them, bought that house I knew I couldn't make payments on and then have the Prez force others to pay my debts for me.
Instead, now I'm just an idiot with a bad attitude.
woof

Honolulu, HI

#23 Jul 23, 2009
zero in get a grip wrote:
peace, compasion, love.
You must have missed that first part of the Bible named "The Old Testament".
And Jesus didn't seem too pleased when he saw what was going on in the temple.
No need to bring up what the Koran orders it's followers to do to infidels who don't believe in the peaceful, compassionate, loving God.
Unfortunately, if we are indeed made in God's image, there has to be something seriously wrong with Him/Her.
blazing guns

San Diego, CA

#24 Jul 23, 2009
woof wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll say I did it to myself.....I don't have that credit card debt, I pay my bills and I have a job.
Had I any inkling of what was going to happen, I would have maxed out a bunch of credit cards, gotten more of them, bought that house I knew I couldn't make payments on and then have the Prez force others to pay my debts for me.
Instead, now I'm just an idiot with a bad attitude.
You and a million others. Join the club! Again, don't blame the Prez, he had nothing to do with it but if you are going to blame the prez - start from way back!
blazing guns

San Diego, CA

#25 Jul 23, 2009
zero in get a grip wrote:
peace, compasion, love. The military have a free
hand in your tax dollar. Hopefully we can spent
some of our own money in the military base buying
and shopping for our own family needs. Maybe we can use some of their vacation rentals for our own
stress needs. Man are all made from the same dust
"In God We Trust". Tell me what the HELL that means. Humans have caused more deaths and misery in the name of God (doesn't matter which one)than anything else. So, was it God that caused 9-11? Was it God that caused the economic meltdown? So it make you feel that good to hide behind your cloak of religious righteousness and spout your pathetic speel as the world collapses? I guess God is causing that too, eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Barracks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Waianae Joe Balls Is the lone voice from the We... 59 min District 1 27
Benghazi Gate (Jan '13) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 31
What Hawaii is really like. (Jan '08) 6 hr District 1 690
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 13 hr Princess Hey 3,301
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 14 hr Bears Seven 475
News Confrontation with Lankford detailed (Mar '08) 15 hr John 23
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 16 hr Joe Balls 782

Schofield Barracks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance