Obama callous on Hiroshima anniversary - Sentinel & Enterprise

Some 25 years ago I was asked to speak at a ceremony marking the 40th anniversary of the death of the famous war correspondent Ernie Pyle, who had been killed by a Japanese sniper on a small island off Okinawa in the last days of World War II. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rick W

Dudley, MA

#1 Aug 11, 2010
Ridiculous. Recognizing the atomic attack as the tragedy is was in no way denigrates those who served.

In 1984, anticipating the 40th anniversary of V-E Day, Ronald Reagan suggested inviting German dignitaries, writing, " “They suffer a great guilt complex over the Nazi period. I’m suggesting including them this time & making the occasion one of celebrating when the hatred stopped & peace & friendship began which has continued for 40 yrs.”

It must have been Reagan's "youthful ignorance".
John North Country

Concord, NH

#2 Aug 11, 2010
That's the change that the idiots of this country voted for, suck it up, we have two more years with this moron and his band of thiefs in Washington!!!!Hope the word gets out that he is dismanteling everything great about this country. Over two hundred years and many lives to build the greatest country in the world, it will only take this idiot four years to throw it all away!
Manny

United States

#3 Aug 11, 2010
Mr.Obama has no respect for
the greatest generation,their
sacrifice and suffering fighting the Japanese.Remember
Batan and the death march!
The Japanese schould not expect no simphathy from us,untill they offer a full apalogie for their War crimes.
The US schould have Not send
anyone!
Rick W

Dudley, MA

#4 Aug 11, 2010
Manny wrote:
Mr.Obama has no respect for
the greatest generation,their
sacrifice and suffering fighting the Japanese.Remember
Batan and the death march!
The Japanese schould not expect no simphathy from us,untill they offer a full apalogie for their War crimes.
The US schould have Not send
anyone!
Toward the end of the Occupation of Japan, Emperor Hirohito let it be known to SCAP that he was prepared to apologize formally to Gen. MacArthur for Japan's actions during World War IIincluding an apology for the December 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor.

Patrick Lennox Tierney, an aide to MacArthur, was an eye-witness on the day the Emperor came to SAP headquarters to present this apology. When the emperor arrived, MacArthur refused to admit him or acknowledge him.

The pivotal moment passed. Many years later, Tierney made an effort to explain his understanding of the significance of what he had personally witnessed: "Apology is a very important thing in Japan." Issues which might have been addressed were allowed to remain open, and unanticipated consequences have unfolded across the decades since then.
Grudge Match

Schaumburg, IL

#5 Aug 11, 2010
Rick W, you are confronting the ignorant with facts. The idea that we should not acknowledge the tragedy that war is for all sides, particularly with one of our strongest allies since, and after 65 years of healing, is absurd on its face. But any weak excuse will do to bash President Obama.

I for one am outraged that we have allowed other men from the Johnny Reb CSA states of Texas, Georgia, and Virginia to become president of this country after provoking a war, and later assassinating Lincoln.
Blogenburgian

Clinton, MA

#6 Aug 11, 2010
To recognize the bombing of these cities and the deaths or vaporization of innocent school children is noting but a good thing to move forward on. Its a no-brainer that not only the US but a lot of Japans own citizens paid dearly during that war.
Concerned

Gardner, MA

#7 Aug 11, 2010
All war stories aside, its not that Obama is ignorant of the fact that his actions might be deemed insensitive toi the remaining vets of ww2 and their families, its more that he will stop at nothing to tear down the sacred trusts that made this country.
He is well aware of the fact that the greatest generation stopped the insidious madmen like Hirihto, Hilter, Mussolini, and literally saved the world from total destruction, its that he, at least in my eyes, is trying to introduce his brand of theology into our culture.
He refuses to acknowledge that Muslim terrorists, who hate this nation and what it stands for, are ever at the ready to kill our fellow citizen.
He refuses to even say the words Muslim and terrorists in the same sentence.
Could it be because, being a Muslim himself, he agrees with their ideology, which is to kill "infidels, that is, anybody that refuses to submit to their made up religion.
Mr. Obama certainly is not your typical American president, and does not live up to the standard of decency and values that we should expect out of the man in charge of representing this nation around the world.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#8 Aug 11, 2010
And why would anyone expect anything different???
Obama spent spent 20 years being indoctrinated on this very subject and never even once "batted and eye".

It's simply amazing how so many useful idiots can't even solve a puzzle when the pieces are sized for children between the ages of 5 and 8..

WOW!

Bwahahahahahhahahahha.....haha hahhahah... ahahaah!
Rick W

Dudley, MA

#10 Aug 12, 2010
Why do I bother...

“The enemy is in our camp.”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#13 Aug 12, 2010
To Obama every other nation is great and we are insensitive to "their" needs. So he bows and scrapes and defames our country and the people who have died to keep us free. He is a disgrace to our country and I look at the paper daily waiting for the words "Impeachment" emblazoned across the top. Alas, they don't yet appear. Perhaps soon.
Rick W

Dudley, MA

#14 Aug 12, 2010
A-Patriot wrote:
To Obama every other nation is great and we are insensitive to "their" needs. So he bows and scrapes and defames our country and the people who have died to keep us free. He is a disgrace to our country and I look at the paper daily waiting for the words "Impeachment" emblazoned across the top. Alas, they don't yet appear. Perhaps soon.
Stick to the funnies. You'll be less confused.

The Constitution defines impeachment at the federal level and limits impeachment to "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States" who may only be impeached and removed for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

Location hidden

#15 Aug 12, 2010
Rick W wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick to the funnies. You'll be less confused.
The Constitution defines impeachment at the federal level and limits impeachment to "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States" who may only be impeached and removed for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".
Systematically destroying our nation brick-by-brick is tyranny, except to those in favor of dismantling America. You must have voted for the charlatan.
Rick W

Dudley, MA

#16 Aug 12, 2010
A-Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Systematically destroying our nation brick-by-brick is tyranny, except to those in favor of dismantling America. You must have voted for the charlatan.
Nothing too complicated. Maybe Family Circus.

Or Beetle Bailey if you're up to the challenge.

Location hidden

#17 Aug 12, 2010
Rick W wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing too complicated. Maybe Family Circus.
Or Beetle Bailey if you're up to the challenge.
For passion, be it observed, brings insight with it; it can give a sort of intelligence to simpletons, fools, and idiots, especially during youth.
Honore De Balzac

...so, how young are you?
Rick W

Dudley, MA

#18 Aug 12, 2010
A-Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
For passion, be it observed, brings insight with it; it can give a sort of intelligence to simpletons, fools, and idiots, especially during youth.
Honore De Balzac
...so, how young are you?
Curious quote from someone whose rants contain little but passion.

Location hidden

#19 Aug 12, 2010
Rick W wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious quote from someone whose rants contain little but passion.
I am resolute in my passion concerning the preservation of America. Not passionate about much else, certainly not about your desires .
Military Man

Modesto, CA

#22 Aug 13, 2010
Blasting Hiroshima and Nagasaki was necessary, and it achieved the objective of ending the war and saving who knows how many millions of more lives. All war is terrible, but it has obviously not been terrible enough to prevent it from happening again.
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

#23 Aug 13, 2010
Obama the Muslum, is so out of touch with America. People that were fooled and voted for this man should repent.
Concerned

Gardner, MA

#24 Aug 13, 2010
Jim wrote:
Obama the Muslum, is so out of touch with America. People that were fooled and voted for this man should repent.
Hey Jim, i have seen your posts before, and I think you and I pretty much know what's going in in not only America, but around the world.
It was all written in prophecy 2 thousand years ago,and its all coming to pass at breakneck speed.
The good news is that we know how it ends.
So, look up, your redemption is drawing nigh, even at the door.
Rick W

Nahant, MA

#26 Aug 14, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Jim, i have seen your posts before, and I think you and I pretty much know what's going in in not only America, but around the world.
It was all written in prophecy 2 thousand years ago,and its all coming to pass at breakneck speed.
The good news is that we know how it ends.
So, look up, your redemption is drawing nigh, even at the door.
Looking forward to the Rapture, and the disappearance of idiots like Jim & Concerned, aka Tweedledumb and Tweedledumber. That is if blind faith trumps stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Barracks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaiian Homeless Bill of Rights 1 hr Billionaire Dayton 1
Blacks riot in Minneapolis Mon Jack 16
Hawaii: NOT Paradise Mon District 1 1
Who is sick of Walter Ritte? (Mar '08) Mon Funny 162
SNOOPES exposed as liberal hack site (Jan '14) Mon Styx Express 26
Protesting Blacks Just Don't Understand "Mess w... Mon Joe 77
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) Sun Jack 2,398
More from around the web

Schofield Barracks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE