PETA opposes Army's training that uti...

PETA opposes Army's training that utilizes pigs

There are 229 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 18, 2008, titled PETA opposes Army's training that utilizes pigs. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A national animal rights group is decrying the Army's plan to injure live pigs and then treat them as trauma patients to train Hawaii soldiers preparing for Iraq deployment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Still a Casual Observer

Kailua Kona, HI

#236 Sep 12, 2009
I wonder if the PETA people would object to this training if someone given live animal training saved someone they cared about. You PETA people are idiots. Those pigs were destined to make pork adobo, but instead they are used to preserve and save humans. No one who has been trained on manniquins and live animals would say manniquins are a better battlefield first aid training resource. I have had both, and there simply is no comparison between learning on an inanimate manniquin and a live animal. If PETA feels this strongly, then maybe they should object to interns being allowed to work on live humans...
Still a Casual Observer

Kailua Kona, HI

#237 Sep 12, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
How is this any different from what Michael Vick did?
Michael Vick promoted dogfighting for sport/gambling... that is not the same as training to learn how to treat gunshot wounds/stab wounds/blunt trauma wounds/arterial bleeding, etc on the way to a war zone- now do you see the difference...
Still a Casual Observer

Kailua Kona, HI

#239 Sep 12, 2009
Miss Piggy wrote:
Poor little piggies. Pigs are smart...much smarter than the stupid humans on this blog. Can't believe people are making jokes and puffing up with patriotism. How sad.:(
What could we expect from a pig in love with a frog.
Okole Maluna

AOL

#240 Sep 12, 2009
We should use the past Georgie W. Bushie administration for training. Squeal!!!!!!!!
Christopher

Romeo, MI

#241 Jul 12, 2010
Porky wrote:
I like my pork chops well done.
i second that!
John Anderson

United States

#242 Sep 8, 2010
Dave I would like to say to you if you don't like it here so much leave AMERICA is not a bad country we have our problems but we are way better than any country in the way we let our citizens speak there on minds in many country's around the world you would put people like you with yours views I jail so get a life douche
stumpy

Waipahu, HI

#243 Sep 19, 2010
Okole Maluna wrote:
We should use the past Georgie W. Bushie administration for training. Squeal!!!!!!!!
Homeless bums would do.
Opinion

Waianae, HI

#244 Sep 19, 2010
Most of those guys were thinking about their mothers anyhow when pulling the trigger. The other ones were thinking about poppa.
stumpy

Waipahu, HI

#245 Sep 19, 2010
Opinion wrote:
Most of those guys were thinking about their mothers anyhow when pulling the trigger. The other ones were thinking about poppa.
Jeesh, were you beat up by a soldier? You hate the military, you were rejected?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Barracks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Imua Rail?? (May '12) 2 hr Joe Balls 424
News Honolulu symphony can't pay musicians (Dec '07) 2 hr Stumpy 153
News No relief from record heat over Hawaii 2 hr Joe Balls 3
Ooof da Goof (Sep '12) 4 hr CC FCC 259
SAME SEX MARRIAGE Gets The Supreme Courts BLESS... 8 hr American_Infidel 15
Joe BALLS Has Always Been A Big Fat LIAR and A... 10 hr Stumpy 25
News Ministry leader indicted in sex assault (Jul '08) 10 hr Stumpy 150
More from around the web

Schofield Barracks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE