PETA opposes Army's training that uti...

PETA opposes Army's training that utilizes pigs

There are 229 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 18, 2008, titled PETA opposes Army's training that utilizes pigs. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A national animal rights group is decrying the Army's plan to injure live pigs and then treat them as trauma patients to train Hawaii soldiers preparing for Iraq deployment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Porky

Troy, MI

#1 Jul 18, 2008
I like my pork chops well done.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Satch

Ellicott City, MD

#2 Jul 18, 2008
Peta should worry more about starving children and child abuse. Some of thyem need to get a "real" life.
Dave A

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#3 Jul 18, 2008
PETA is right again, our government is so callus and improper it really makes me want to move to a civilized country - if one exists.
Lani

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jul 18, 2008
Dave A wrote:
PETA is right again, our government is so callus and improper it really makes me want to move to a civilized country - if one exists.
You should move to some middle eastern country where they don't eat pork but blow up their fellow citizens in the streets.
Tony E

United States

#5 Jul 18, 2008
You know, comments like yours make ME want to move to another country, one where its citizens care more about other humans than they do about livestock. But then I remember, the reason those soldiers are out there training on how to save each others' lives is so people like you can express their non-sensical opinions. And then I smile and remember what a great nation we live in.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anonymous

Kilauea, HI

#6 Jul 18, 2008
People do these things because they are sick and don't know any better.

Just think about it to yourself for a minute....you don't have to go airing off about patriotism
Aiea

Wahiawa, HI

#7 Jul 18, 2008
End justifies the means? Geez, that's a tough one. At least they're anesthetizing (sp?) the poor unfortunate pigs. Sucks to be a pig.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jul 18, 2008
How is this any different from what Michael Vick did?
Amanda

San Francisco, CA

#9 Jul 18, 2008
THIS IS TERRIBLE - PIGS ARE AS SMART OR SMARTER THAN DOGS AND ARE ABLE TO LOVE HUMANS - WOULD YOU USE YOU DOG IN THIS MANNER -THIS IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!
kahealani

Burbank, IL

#10 Jul 18, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
People do these things because they are sick and don't know any better.
Just think about it to yourself for a minute....you don't have to go airing off about patriotism
another lolo from Maui..so sad that you people there are so anti establishment ..want to see who you are gonna call when attacked..ghostbusters? go back and smoke your pakalolo or go home
kahealani

Burbank, IL

#11 Jul 18, 2008
Amanda wrote:
THIS IS TERRIBLE - PIGS ARE AS SMART OR SMARTER THAN DOGS AND ARE ABLE TO LOVE HUMANS - WOULD YOU USE YOU DOG IN THIS MANNER -THIS IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!
worry about aids in your city and how many "guys" are suffering from it
Anonymous

Kilauea, HI

#12 Jul 18, 2008
kahealani wrote:
<quoted text>another lolo from Maui..so sad that you people there are so anti establishment ..want to see who you are gonna call when attacked..ghostbusters? go back and smoke your pakalolo or go home
You are so off......(tsk) it's sorrowful.
No one is going to be attacked unless provoked.

Then we have the big guns such as yourself eh?

Shut-up
Ainokea4u

Wailuku, HI

#13 Jul 18, 2008
I don't care if they use the pigs or goats; as long as they invite me to the luau then I'm ok with that.... lol
Dave A

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#14 Jul 18, 2008
We USED to be a great nation, but now that our lawmakers feel the laws don't apply to the US, we are an embarrassment in the worlds eye.
Tony E wrote:
You know, comments like yours make ME want to move to another country, one where its citizens care more about other humans than they do about livestock. But then I remember, the reason those soldiers are out there training on how to save each others' lives is so people like you can express their non-sensical opinions. And then I smile and remember what a great nation we live in.
Dave A

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#15 Jul 18, 2008
No, I don't think so. But on topic; I don't feel it is fair to abuse animals, sorry that you don't see things the way I do, we need more compassion in this country and in the world to make things better for ALL of the world's inhabitants.
Lani wrote:
<quoted text>
You should move to some middle eastern country where they don't eat pork but blow up their fellow citizens in the streets.
Sarah Clifford

AOL

#16 Jul 18, 2008
This is not how I want my tax dollars used! Jerks!
Dave A

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#17 Jul 18, 2008
With the way the US is viewed in the world these days, we are MUCH more likely to be attacked than ever. We are the ones committing war crimes.

Plus most of our firepower is in the middle east, so does that make you feel safer - not me.

We need to stop justifying every action, no matter how wrong it is, in the guise of protection.
kahealani wrote:
<quoted text>another lolo from Maui..so sad that you people there are so anti establishment ..want to see who you are gonna call when attacked..ghostbusters? go back and smoke your pakalolo or go home
Good Old Boy

Honolulu, HI

#18 Jul 18, 2008
WHY DON'T YOU ALL SHUT UP
Dave A

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#19 Jul 18, 2008
I agree with you. As you see by reading the responses here, many people have no concern for the animals at all, they are just possessions, not living beings. People have no compassion anymore, it's part of the ALL ABOUT ME perspective. How sad for them, and the animals too.
Amanda wrote:
Dave A

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#20 Jul 18, 2008
There are many other groups that are involved in human welfare monitoring and reforms, but animal welfare is really lacking in this country and around the world. PETA is a great organization, I for one appreciate what they are trying to accomplish.

If you had knowledge of the animal abuses that take place every day, you would have a different perspective on how REAL you want your life to be. These pigs are seeing the reality of life in a non-compassionate society.
Satch wrote:
Peta should worry more about starving children and child abuse. Some of thyem need to get a "real" life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Barracks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Liberal Sisterhood will Crumble (Again) 2 min Joe Balls 3
News Waianae students nabbed after fights (Feb '08) 58 min District 1 443
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 2 hr Leeward Outlier 2,616
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 14 hr District 1 880
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 14 hr District 1 773
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 14 hr District 1 4,668
Take a knee and YOURE FIRED! 20 hr Harry 136

Schofield Barracks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance