In the Military: Inouye receives Meda...

In the Military: Inouye receives Medal of Honor

There are 96 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Aug 31, 2008, titled In the Military: Inouye receives Medal of Honor. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

DENNIS ODA / [email protected] U.S. Sen. Daniel Inouye received the Medal of Honor flag during a presentation of the 25th Infantry Division at Schofield Barracks on Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
moana

Honolulu, HI

#86 Sep 13, 2008
LEGAL immigrant wrote:
In an effort to evaluate how well the local media serve their public, the Honolulu Community Media Council in 1991-1992 did an analysis of the state's two major newspapers and the three major TV stations. Led by the late journalist and author Fletcher Knebel, a dozen retired mainland editors and producers were invited to monitor the local media for a week and make recommendations. The newspaper editors found that, for the most part, "today's papers are fair, relatively unbiased, reliable, moderate in tone and sensitive to the nuances of acceptable behavior in our multiracial island population." At the same time, however, the editors faulted Hawaii's papers in several areas, including:
.... a reluctance to uncover cronyism, illegal acts, and corruption among the powerful;
Since the report was issued, the Gannett company, of Arlington, Virginia, sold the Star-Bulletin to Liberty Newspapers Limited Partnership, of Merrifield, Virginia, and bought the Advertiser, but the criticisms remain largely valid today.
And, despite the fact that the movers and shakers of Hawaii public life are largely Japanese-Americans and that the economy of the islands is dominated by Japanese investment and tourism, no reporter for any news organization is stationed in Japan.
The Japanese Criminal Enterprises, Boryokudan or Yakuza, are involved in a variety of criminal activities. The Boryokudan has built one of the world's largest criminal federations, consisting of approximately 90,600 members. Japanese laws enacted in 1992 have had noticeable effects including improved international cooperation. The FBI has identified four Japanese groups, primarily located in California and HAWAII, which have the greatest impact on the United States.
Korean Criminal Enterprises have been detected in Hawaii as well as on the East and West Coasts. Many Korean criminal activities are closely linked to the Japanese through associations developed within the large Korean population residing in Japan.
Now, just whose pockets do you think this war 'hero' is in???!!
Now now, Carole. Stop bringing old skeletons out of the closet.
why not

Mililani, HI

#87 Sep 13, 2008
y
moana wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY NOT? Do you want this so called skeleton to continue milking the Hawaii tax funds until it is bone dry? Demolish the closet that protects this skeleton and bring out the true story of this so called creep. Are you Moana, the guardian of this imposter or are you receiving milk from this cow?
LEGAL immigrant

United States

#88 Sep 14, 2008
moana wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaaaaaaaaah, the truth hurts, eh? You related to Inouye or his crooks?

In Europe we have a saying "lest you forget the past, you will repeat it"....... and there IS a resurgence of Naziism across Europe.....
alice

United States

#89 Sep 14, 2008
alice wrote:
true..we are all voting obama
alice......... you need to get more rest, girl!!!

I'm not voting for OBAMA!!...... Not sure whose name I'm going to write in......
LEGAL immigrant

United States

#90 Sep 14, 2008
alice I don't know how that came up FROM YOURSELF..... it was from me......
LEGAL immigrant

United States

#91 Sep 14, 2008
moana wrote:
<quoted text>
moana, actually those 'skeletons' were from the American (free) press........
LEGAL immigrant

United States

#92 Sep 20, 2008
Inouye gets the MOH, but the young Marine who threw himself on a grenade to save his comrades does NOT 'deserve' the MOH because he did not meet the 'criteria'??? What's wrong with this picture?!!
Sanity

United States

#93 Dec 4, 2010
steve wrote:
The MOH requires witnesses, and none of the above had anything to say except their own wqar stories. Do some research!
Inouye's whole squad saw it, idiot. Take your own advice & do some research.
Yawn

Kihei, HI

#94 Dec 4, 2010
Pua ting kefe.
still the god father

Waialua, HI

#95 Dec 4, 2010
Inouye is still the god father in Hawaii. He garnered 256,000 votes in the last election.
still the god father

Waialua, HI

#96 Dec 4, 2010
Inouye is still the god father in Hawaii. He garnered 256,000 votes in the last election. Congress has finally decided to ban earmarks. They can't wait any longer because the senior Senator won't die.
BlahBlah

Lihue, HI

#98 Dec 5, 2010
Inouye is a criminal and whoever voted for him again is just stupid.
never learn

Waialua, HI

#99 Dec 5, 2010
BlahBlah wrote:
Inouye is a criminal and whoever voted for him again is just stupid.
The Hawaii voters have been supporting this crook for fifty years. Congress has decided they had enough of this crook so they are now in the process of banning earmarks.
Burp

Kihei, HI

#100 Dec 5, 2010
Gee, what you expect from Democrats?
kimo

Mililani, HI

#101 Apr 17, 2011
same story wrote:
<quoted text> You and I heard the same story but maybe at a different occasion. Yup, the true story that our media will not write about. This is protection U.S.A.
A couple of months ago, my friend told me she heard the same bachi story years and years ago!
Click4Hawaii

Newfield, NY

#102 Apr 20, 2011
Inouye has served Hawaii well. Good work. Click4Hawaii.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Barracks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 53 min _Zoey_ 447
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 54 min _Zoey_ 508
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 1 hr Vlad da Impaler 1,797
Leave Dolphins Alone 2 hr Hillary LOST 6
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 7 hr LAVON AFFAIR 784
News Witness recounts grim execution-style slaying -... (Oct '09) 8 hr Kamehameha the mahu 22
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 12 hr Princess Hey 4,295

Schofield Barracks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schofield Barracks Mortgages