In the Military: Inouye receives Meda...

In the Military: Inouye receives Medal of Honor

There are 96 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Aug 31, 2008, titled In the Military: Inouye receives Medal of Honor. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

DENNIS ODA / DODA@STARBULLETIN.COM U.S. Sen. Daniel Inouye received the Medal of Honor flag during a presentation of the 25th Infantry Division at Schofield Barracks on Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
enufalready

Honolulu, HI

#1 Aug 31, 2008
War without end.
townie

Honolulu, HI

#2 Aug 31, 2008
Who cares? Inouye sucks!
dakine

Fallbrook, CA

#3 Aug 31, 2008
townie wrote:
Who cares? Inouye sucks!
Reading your other post, I guess UH football is a lot important to you than people risking their lives to defend their country.
There's nothing wrong in voicing your dislike of a person, but your dismissiveness of the act of putting oneself in harms way in the service of one's country is execrable.
false hero

Mililani, HI

#4 Aug 31, 2008
townie wrote:
Who cares? Inouye sucks!
You are so correct. His battle comrades in World War II don't think of this former soldier as a good soldier.
true character

Mililani, HI

#5 Aug 31, 2008
dakine wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading your other post, I guess UH football is a lot important to you than people risking their lives to defend their country.
There's nothing wrong in voicing your dislike of a person, but your dismissiveness of the act of putting oneself in harms way in the service of one's country is execrable.
You don't seem to know the true character of Senator Daniel Inouye who is considered the biggest crook in Congress. His Medal of Honor is being disputed by his comrades in World War II. Look up the facts before you speak.
LEGAL immigrant

Reno, NV

#6 Aug 31, 2008
true character wrote:
<quoted text> You don't seem to know the true character of Senator Daniel Inouye who is considered the biggest crook in Congress. His Medal of Honor is being disputed by his comrades in World War II. Look up the facts before you speak.
Amen! Finally, some people are not afraid to speak the truth about this 'demi-god'......

He uses the military bills he writes for his own agenda, SNEAKING in pork that has nothing to do with the military, but lines the pockets of his cronies!!
cadence

Mililani, HI

#7 Aug 31, 2008
Senator Daniel Inouye with his comrade Dan Akaka are planning on passing the Akaka bill to fill up their pockets with the premise that they are helping the Native Hawaiians. Inouye and his army of supporters are marching away like they are one arm bandits.
cadence

Mililani, HI

#8 Aug 31, 2008
Senator Daniel Inouye with his comrade Dan Akaka are planning on passing the Akaka bill to fill up their pockets with the premise that they are helping the Native Hawaiians. Inouye and his army of supporters are marching away like they are one arm bandits. The irony of this story is that he is going to be honored with the medal of honor flag.
kimo

Honolulu, HI

#9 Aug 31, 2008
false hero wrote:
<quoted text> You are so correct. His battle comrades in World War II don't think of this former soldier as a good soldier.
Yup, at the 50th anniversary banquet of the the 442nd, I heard a terrible story about him, a silver ring, and bachi.
same story

Mililani, HI

#10 Aug 31, 2008
kimo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, at the 50th anniversary banquet of the the 442nd, I heard a terrible story about him, a silver ring, and bachi.
You and I heard the same story but maybe at a different occasion. Yup, the true story that our media will not write about. This is protection U.S.A.
feeding

Mililani, HI

#11 Aug 31, 2008
Senator Inouye and his small army around fifty years ago started to control the educational budget of the DOE. His army of supporters have grown and today they are withdrawing money from the $2.4 billion educational budget like it was their personal bank. The yearly withdrawals is estimated around $400,000,000 annually but its a mystery as to how it is done. Superintendent Pat Hamamoto was informed about this and she suddenly clammed up and said nothing after that. She is now an accomplice and part of this evil set-up.
feeding

Mililani, HI

#12 Aug 31, 2008
Senator Inouye and his small army around fifty years ago started to control the educational budget of the DOE. His army of supporters have grown and today they are withdrawing money from the $2.4 billion educational budget like it was their personal bank. The yearly withdrawals is estimated around $400,000,000 annually but its a mystery as to how it is done. Superintendent Pat Hamamoto was informed about this and she suddenly clammed up and said nothing after that. She is now an accomplice and part of this evil set-up. Breaking up the DOE is the only option to stop this robbery.
only paradise

Hilo, HI

#13 Aug 31, 2008
what happened to the battleship group inouye was supposed to bring to Hawaii?

I thought inouye was the top ranking committee member in the arm service group of the senate?

actually Akaka is even more inept. i cannot figure out how a person who has been in public office for so many years could not speak coherently.
supes

Mililani, HI

#14 Aug 31, 2008
only paradise wrote:
actually Akaka is even more inept. i cannot figure out how a person who has been in public office for so many years could not speak coherently.
Inouye is so bad, not much attention is paid to Akaka. Akaka was considered as one of the three worst senators in Congress. However, the biggest crook,Senator Daniel Inouye supports him so he is still surviving in the U.S. Congress.

“Ultimate Kimchi Assassin!”

Since: Jun 08

Seoul

#15 Aug 31, 2008
Who cares about Danny. I think the new blue uniforms are very pretty.
Carole

Reno, NV

#16 Aug 31, 2008
feeding wrote:
Senator Inouye and his small army around fifty years ago started to control the educational budget of the DOE. His army of supporters have grown and today they are withdrawing money from the $2.4 billion educational budget like it was their personal bank. The yearly withdrawals is estimated around $400,000,000 annually but its a mystery as to how it is done. Superintendent Pat Hamamoto was informed about this and she suddenly clammed up and said nothing after that. She is now an accomplice and part of this evil set-up. Breaking up the DOE is the only option to stop this robbery.
feeding, please chat with Herbert Morioka about this issue when you see him on the blog. He has been saying the SAME thing. He additionally has a GREAT plan for actually FIXING (restructuring) the DOE and cleaning house!!!
Carole

Reno, NV

#17 Aug 31, 2008
Akaka is Inouye's go-fer. I agree, the man is THE most inept person ever! Hawaii ought to be ashamed to have Inouye and his henchmen representing them in DC!!
LEGAL immigrant

Reno, NV

#18 Aug 31, 2008
feeding wrote:
With as much pork as Inouye brings into Hawaii, the schools should be the envy of the nation!

It is interesting that a TRUE financial accounting of the DOE has been impossible to accomplish. It's time for the people of Hawaii to make a LOT of noise at the Department of Justice, IRS fraud division and the AG's office, too!!

Maybe time to enlist Marj Bronster's help? The 'powers that be' managed to drive her out during the Bishop Estate (Broken Trust) fiasco, but it seems she is still practicing law in Hawaii. And what about enlisting Randy Roth's help? If he could get to the bottom of the convoluted Bishop Estate crap and bring those crooks down, he'd be perfect to help with the DOE!
buddy

Mililani, HI

#19 Aug 31, 2008
only paradise wrote:
I thought inouye was the top ranking committee member in the arm service group of the senate?
Yes, Akaka may be inept, but still surviving in Congress because he is supported by the biggest wheeler-dealer and that is the one arm bandit, senior, senator from Hawaii. If you buddy buddy with the right people you can be successful in this world.
Carole

Reno, NV

#20 Aug 31, 2008
feeding wrote:
Senator Inouye and his small army around fifty years ago started to control the educational budget of the DOE. His army of supporters have grown and today they are withdrawing money from the $2.4 billion educational budget like it was their personal bank. The yearly withdrawals is estimated around $400,000,000 annually but its a mystery as to how it is done. Superintendent Pat Hamamoto was informed about this and she suddenly clammed up and said nothing after that. She is now an accomplice and part of this evil set-up.
Think about this quote as you think of Hawaii's education system / DOE:

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture, just get the people to stop reading them."

Ray Bradbury

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Barracks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Imua Rail?? (May '12) 29 min District 1 757
Take a knee and YOURE FIRED! 3 hr We ALL love POTU... 7
Wut Da Fuh? 8 hr We ALL love POTUS... 78
Joe BALLS Has Always Been A Big Fat LIAR (Jul '15) 20 hr We ALL love POTU... 26
Topix Terms of Service 23 hr District 1 1
Then why are flags made of cloth Sun District 1 2
The History of Flip Flopper Trump Sun Hawn Punch 8

Schofield Barracks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance